Ten things you newd to know about weight loss

Paulinegin

Gold Member
Did anyone see this programme on Really the other night? Just caught up with it and need to share!

It's Michael Mosley of 5:2 fame BUT it's an older programme so is before this period. Michael Mosley is a scientist and he presented 10 scientific facts which aid/result in weightloss.

I won't repeat all ten but these three blew me away:

Eat more protein - it fills you up and stops you feeling hungry for longer

Sorry - hadn't finished!!

Eat more protein - it fills you up and keeps you fuller for longer. This, of course, we know :D

Eat more dairy - the calcium stops fat being absorbed by the body and it passes out with the faeces! Sh*t! ;)

Eat more soup - a meal and a glass of water will pass through your body (and therefore make your stomach empty sooner) much faster than the same meal and glass of water blended to make a thick soup. Amazing and definitely something I will try (chicken soup instead of chicken lumps? veg soup instead of veg lumps?) :D

Hope this is helpful!

P x

Well of course we know all about number 1 ;) number two, hmm seem to think I read something recently about calcium and fat.......but thanks for the reminder. As for #3, hmmm makes me think it will be a quick meal drinking soup down all the time LOL, but worth a try. Thanks for that hunni xx

No.3 I watched a program where they gave two test groups the same food in the group one with food and a glass of water and in group two it was made in a soup the group that had soups their stomachs were scanned and it showed the soup stays longer in the stomach, where as a glass of water passes out quicker..... I love food shows but its the first time I've read about dairy xxx

So do we then make soup with all out protein, or just make a soupy type thing and have a smaller portion for each meal with the protein. A chicken soup, blend it and freeze in portions for including in a meal, but then does it still count as fluids?? Of do we then have to have more water as well as the soup LOL.........all these questions LOL

Back