TERRIBLE HAIRLOSS ON REFEED

scousemouse0151

soon to be minnie mouse
well i'm happy maintaining my weight at 9st 10lb and the food is going great.
my big problem at the moment is the hairloss and i'm talking major, the program states that this is to be expected but i'm finding it difficult to deal with. does anyone know of a supplement or lotion i can use to encourage the regrowth.

hey babe - im sorry this is happening to u - i thought that it could happen on TFR didnt realise that it could happen on refeed - and u have been on refeed a while now? how many weeks? maybe u should go to the doctors? im sorry i dont have any answers for u but stay calm and im sure that it will sort itself out soon.

xox

Hi Scousemouse, I've noticed some hair loss myself but I don't know whether it is due to the LT (I'm on maintenance now too -3rd week) or just my hair going through a bit of a phase, as I have had similar hair loss on occasions in the past whilst not on any diet. I've recently had some breakage round the hairline, hair cutting when I comb or brush and general thinning. I've been using some anti-breakage and strenghtening creams and just waiting for improvement. I hope our hair grows back stronger very soon. Have you decided what to do yet?

I am also losing hair ...like you said LT do state it happens..its because only vital proccess happen in TFR and you are now losing all the hair you would have lost normally and new hair growth wil soon start...
I am not fussed as i have loadsa hair..but my bath does get loads in and so does my bed x
Stay calm it will stop

thanks guys, i wasn't bothered at first as i have a good thick head of hair usually. i've had a bit of a wobble over the thinning but it is growing around the fringe area so fingers crossed. i'm just hoping i don't have to get a short back and sides lol

I went through the hairloss business, and let me reassure you that it does grow back. I have naturally thick hair and lost loads, but after about 8 weeks (i know that sounds long) i could feel the new spikey hair growing through, and within a couple of months my hair was back to it's former glory. Don't despair, it will all come good in the end, gorgeous hair and a gorgeous body. Good luck. By the way I did take Omega 3 tabs and multi-vits.

been doing a bit of research on the web, heard that BIOTIN supplement is good for nourishing and encouraging the regrowth so going to give this a try. i must say it's hard trying to be upbeat about the hairloss but i hope it comes back (preferably poker straight) lol

I have had exactly the same Scouse. I have lost so much hair.My hair used to be really thick,but not anymore :(. I understand how hard it is to be upbeat about it and I am also trying to do that. I am scared to wash it at the moment as this seems to be the worst time. My daughter was getting quite worried, so I told her not to worry as I've seen a lovely blonde curly wig I like ;).
I start back on TFR on Monday, so I hope it will stop then. Watch this space :D

Just posted a thread on this on the main LT forum, just to reassure you in my experience it does get better xxx

Hi scouse I posted a thread about this a couple of weeks ago was in despair waking up on a morning in piles of hair I didn't even dare wash and brush it for it ages thinking it would just all fall out. I started taking vitamins and omega 3 and started back on the maintenance shakes and it seems to be much better now finger crossed. Hope urs improves 2 xx

Back