Terrified: About to start Cambridge and seems overwhelming. HELP!

minirog

Silver Member
I have A LOT of weight to lose. I'm 5'7" and weigh 19 st 10 lbs.

It just seems so overwhelming. Can anybody tell me what I'm in for and if anyone has lost that much weight?

I don't know how long it's likely to take and I don't know if I'll be able to stick to it. HELP!

Hi,
I know how you feel and of course you'll be feeling overwhelmed but you have probably made one of the best decisions of your life and it will all start tomorrow.
I started my journey at 19stone 4lbs so not much different to you I am currently 15stone 1lbs - I started the diet last year and was on ss for 12weeks and lost the majority of my weight then I then came off for 4months and put on 10lbs and you can see how I am getting on with my results below.
The first few days are the hardest - getting into ketosis -but once you hit the big K its smooth sailing (normally) from there. Getting into ketosis isnt always as bad as some of the cases you may have read - I am fine on day 1 and day 2 - it is day 3 which is struggle- I generally have headache and feel sick but nothing unbearable and the ketosis usually hits that night or following morning- I love being in ketosis - I can honestly say that it is the best part of the diet for me - I have more energy when I am in ketosis than I have ever had in my life and plus once I am in ketosis the hunger pains vanish - I still have to deal with head hunger (I want this and that) but I only have to look at few pics of me and then I realise why I definately dont want the naughty little treat. Most of the shakes are fab and once you have your weighin - you'll be surprised at how easy this is.
If you want to lose the weight and your head is in the right place you will lose the weight.
Is there anything in particular you are worried about?

Welcome :D

Great advice from above :)

The time will fly on Cambridge so fast !

I've lost 7 stone ( so far) and feel bloomin wonderful LOL it's only taken 9 months but could have done it in 8 if I hadn't been on holidays etc ( my choice to go off plan)

Enjoy the diet the shakes are very nice especially choc mint LOL
X

Great advice from Tinkerbella

Its the easiest and the hardest diet I've done. The hardest part is the head stuff, the hunger and things disappears fairly quickly.

Come on here for support, although its quite quiet just now, so if no-one answeres straight away we aren't ignoring you its just quiet.

Right - gotta run to uni now, I'll pop back later !

Good luck!!

Its the easiest and the hardest diet I've done. The hardest part is the head stuff, the hunger and things disappears fairly quickly.

Would certainly agree with that. Stick with it, it's soooo worth it. Good luck. :)

Your going to be fine hun, just take it one day at a time, and before you know it the weight will fly off, good look you can do it xoxo

hiya im just at the beginning of week 2 and lost 9lb in first week! the first week is so hard but i agree with everyone above its mainly in your head thats telling you your hungry! i have 5 children so still have to get on with the daily cooking for them but its not as hard as i though as i now look at the food as evil lol sounds silly but works for mee lol.as for the shakes im more a fan of the soups they are yummy! also these boards are my complete lifesaver! i spend my evenings on them to stop me thinkiing about food! good luck theres plenty of support on here aswell xx

welcome and well done on getting this far .. making that 1st decision is a big step to achieving your goal . I started in November at 18 st 8 and now after 3 months I am 13 st 2 .. so have come a long way but still feel like i have only just begun :) ... the first week will drag , I found it hard mentally .. I rember crying doing the food shop for the family as I knew I couldnt have any of it .. but once you get into ketosis and once you have had that first weigh in .. the time flies by .. and beofre you know it you are 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 stone down !!!
there is some great advise above , i would say ... see the diet as a positive thing .. get excited about it rather than dreading it ... drink loads of water ( 3-4 litres if you can ) , and treat yourself with things like a new hair cut after 1 stone gone , new make up etc ..... , and come on here everyday , if you are struggling there is alaways someone to pick you up and give you determiantion to carry on , and some great advise , both practical and emotional ...
Good luck , it is an amazing diet and if I can do it , anyone can :)

Hi
I only started the diet at the end of January at I have already lost 24lbs. It is by far the best decision I have ever made and I am so determined to do it. My first few days on the diet were a bit tough - headaches mainly - but after that I felt great and still do. I don't get hunger pangs, I drink loads of water thoughout the day and have accepted that this is the way it has to be for the next few months. I've also set myself lots of mini goals, as my goal weight seems so far off!
You can do it, the first step is always the hardest xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you ALL so much. I can't believe a) How supportive you all are and B) How brilliantly you've all done with your weightloss.

I think I'll try and set myself some mini goals so it doesn't seem like such a big mountain to climb!

Thanks sooooooo much. I'll get my head down and get on with it! It has to be done :)

hiya

i'm into my week 2 next weigh day is tuesday. in my first week i lost 11lbs. totally amazing! it is a hard diet in terms of you must have the willpower to carry it through especially the first few days until you get into ketosis. you have to drink the water - this you can't skip on but the results speak for themselves. a glance at everyone's tickers or stats should impress you.

the last time i did CD i lost 5 1/2 stone in 5 months (no cheating). then i fell pregnant. it's basically a stone a month that you will loose. this time round i was doing weight watchers whilst i was breastfeeding my little man and lost a bit that way but it was like 1/2lb here 1lb there. quite frustrating.

p.s how come your ticker goes so low? i would aim for a bmi of 25 initially or even higher and think of your loss in stones rather than i have x to loose.

I'm 5ft 6ins and started at 19st 11lbs so a pound and an inch different to yourself... it can be done just stick at it!

Wow! Your weight loss is amazing! That is inspirational.

I once was 147 lbs that's why I want to get back there! I know it will be hard but I have to try. I got shouted at for being fat in the street this week. Lovely!

My first goal is to get down to 16 stone. That's what I weighed when I got married 2 years ago. So 52 lbs to get to goal one. If I could do that by my wedding anniversary in May that would be amazing. We'll see though!

You definitely won't regret it, and tinkerbella is so right about Ketosis. You will know when your in it, everything for me just seemed to change after the first 5 days. I've been doing it 15 days now and I'm the happiest I've been in a long time, one of the best side effects ever lol.

Back