Terrified of refeed!!!!

nataliej

Silver Member
I'm in my last week of TFR!! Totally gutted and I would love to keep going whilst I am on a roll! But the fact I'm going to Paris on 7th December and we will be staying with friends means I have to refeed as I don't wanna be rude and turn down her food or drink! Plus it will be nice to have a few vodkas ? also with Xmas and parties coming up its prob the best thing to do! I just don't feel ready for it! I
I am 3lb off 2 stone so far and would love to get that this week! That was my initial goal anyway so suppose I shouldn't beat myself up about it too much!
I'm looking into gym classes at the moment and seen some great ones! Def going 5 times a week and swimming etc! Hoping to perhaps loose about 5 lb by January and then I shall start LT again for 4 weeks to get the last stone off that I want to be in a size 10!!! ?
Just terrified of refeed I'm going to stick to it religiously but worried my body will still gain!!! Nooooo has anyone put on during refeed? So scared!

Last time I did the refeed over 2 weeks as I had lost 5.7st in 14 wks, like u I was scared. I actually continued to lose, think it was a couple of pounds each week. Good luck! X

I was so scared of refeed too. Thought I would gain, or even worse, not be able to stop eating! You will be absolutely fine, don't worry. It's hard to get back into the swing of eating after TFR, it's a real security blanket. But follow it and enjoy it and you'll probably lose an extra pound or two. X

squishymcfatterson said:
I was so scared of refeed too. Thought I would gain, or even worse, not be able to stop eating! You will be absolutely fine, don't worry. It's hard to get back into the swing of eating after TFR, it's a real security blanket. But follow it and enjoy it and you'll probably lose an extra pound or two. X

Squishy, how r u finding the restart? Is it harder after a short break? X

Thanks girls that's encouraging! Just really scared as u no!! An I allowed to exercise during refeed?
Think I'm going to join rosemary colnely as u get classes free etc.
Find it amazing if u can still loose after refeed! Excited to be normal again and sociable ha

Yeye said:
Last time I did the refeed over 2 weeks as I had lost 5.7st in 14 wks, like u I was scared. I actually continued to lose, think it was a couple of pounds each week. Good luck! X

I've lost 25 pound hoping it will be 28 by fri! U think a week refeed is ok?

Yeye said:
Squishy, how r u finding the restart? Is it harder after a short break? X

Actually YeYe, it's been a lot easier than I thought! The first week back was tough as I was so used to eating again (albeit healthily) but now I am back into the swing of TFR and seem to be losing more quickly than the first time around!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Last edited:
nataliej said:
I've lost 25 pound hoping it will be 28 by fri! U think a week refeed is ok?

A week is ample, that's what LT recommend, u'll b fine x

squishymcfatterson said:
Actually YeYe, it's been a lot easier than I thought! The first week back was tough as I was so used to eating again (albeit healthily) but now I am back into the swing of TFR and seem to be losing more quickly than the first time around!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

That's fab! My chap keeps pestering me to refeed for Christmas. I doubt I will tho? Just good to know x

I wish I didn't have I refeed as I'm in the swing of things now and feel I could go on n on but my intention was to loose 2 stone anyway and the rest by myself! Just so tempting to stay longer as u get such fantastic results!
I couldn't be on TFR running up to Xmas I've too many nights out planned ha!

Yeye said:
That's fab! My chap keeps pestering me to refeed for Christmas. I doubt I will tho? Just good to know x

I'd say just see how you feel closer to the time! I certainly wish I'd just stayed on TFR to goal (I stopped at healthy BMI) as it would have been easier than refeeding and then starting again. But Christmas is a different story. I don't think I could survive it! X

squishymcfatterson said:
I'd say just see how you feel closer to the time! I certainly wish I'd just stayed on TFR to goal (I stopped at healthy BMI) as it would have been easier than refeeding and then starting again. But Christmas is a different story. I don't think I could survive it! X

I really don't know. Some days I'm solid as a rock staying 100%, others I think, can I handle 30 wks TFR 100%??? Last time after 14 wks I was happy to refeed. I have a lot more to lose this time :-(

I'm strict 100% on this diet, I deffo don't cheat. I guess I need to get my mind back on the present day. Sorry for going on! X

Yeye said:
I really don't know. Some days I'm solid as a rock staying 100%, others I think, can I handle 30 wks TFR 100%??? Last time after 14 wks I was happy to refeed. I have a lot more to lose this time :-(

I'm strict 100% on this diet, I deffo don't cheat. I guess I need to get my mind back on the present day. Sorry for going on! X

Don't apologise! That's what Minimins is for: I ramble away with my thoughts or frustrations and even if nobody reads them, it feels good to get them out! Realistically, if you refeed for Xmas you're not looking at a huge gain or set back. You will lose weight on refeed week and then you can have a few days of Xmas eating, and straight back into LT. Yes, the first week back will be tough until you get into Ketosis but that passes quickly in the grand scheme of things. Only you know what's best for you but the most important thing is that if you take a break, to get back on LT ASAP or before you know it, your hard work will start to unravel before your eyes. X

HI I am refeeding in 3 weeks time for Xmas and just wondering if maintenance or normal shakes are better for refeed week x

HI I am refeeding in 3 weeks time for Xmas and just wondering if maintenance or normal shakes are better for refeed week x

I think, strictly speaking, the maintenance shakes are better as they're "designed" for refeed week but I don't think there's any harm using normal shakes if you have them. I did and it didn't do me any harm!

squishymcfatterson said:
I think, strictly speaking, the maintenance shakes are better as they're "designed" for refeed week but I don't think there's any harm using normal shakes if you have them. I did and it didn't do me any harm!

Oh ok. Just worried that maintenance may have more calories in them but not sure if that's correct. I'll speak to my pharmacy next week see what that suggest but I think they DoD say maintenance for refeed. I've just ordered my free samples today's anyway. May be cheeky and get my sister to order some too then I'm not spending on shakes during refeed haha x

Good idea! I didn't get any free samples but couldn't face the maintenance shakes (soooo sweet!) so have plenty left! I just had a maintenance bar for my breakfast followed by the recommended lunches and dinners, last time I re-fed. It's really scary for the first few days and you think you're going to put all your weight back on overnight, but you get into the swing of it quickly! X

Can we start exercising again ?

Yes! Once I started eating again I had so much more energy and really enjoyed exercise. It's so much easier when you've shed some weight. I find now that I'm back on Lipotrim I have no energy for exercise at all.

Back