Tesco Frozen Fruit

haylou123

have just looked at the back of the bag and the only ingredients are fruit, nothing else, however im confused if it has a syn value or not??

can someone advise?

i would also suggest buying this, its great!! cheap and you get as much as you want out at a time!!!

Yes it's free I used to eat it all the time. As long as there's nothing added frozen fruit is free.

How do u guys use ur frozen fruit?! Would be great for me as I work awkward shifts and gettin to n from supermarket etc is a bit of a mission!
Do u just take out a handful, allow to defrost and tuck in?! Or anything else?! Xx

i literally eat mine straight from the freezer!!! i am addicted to the stuff, it takes a while to eat as its sooo cold but then you get full up quicker!!! also eaten it with yogurt, or sprinkled a broken up fudge bar over some, so it goes hard as well :)

How do u guys use ur frozen fruit?! Would be great for me as I work awkward shifts and gettin to n from supermarket etc is a bit of a mission!
Do u just take out a handful, allow to defrost and tuck in?! Or anything else?! Xx

i am the same as you KDogg, i live in the sticks so try and get as much in as possible when i do venture out. tesco has a bag, its own make but does the trick! at something like £1.05 for a 400gram bag! its not the best variety of fruit, but hay its something and better then a munch on naughty things haha

So u just let it defrost and munch away?!

Never had frozen fruit before! Always thought they were meant for smoothies desserts etc and not much else ha! Show what I know! X

Oops didn't realise u posted before!! Haha! Who wu think I was only 22 and struggling with technology! The shame!
Thank you very much or the info tho..very helpful. Google to try it :) xx

Oops didn't realise u posted before!! Haha! Who wu think I was only 22 and struggling with technology! The shame!
Thank you very much or the info tho..very helpful. Google to try it :) xx

haha tell me about it!! im 22, and struggled to send an email this morn on a new programme!!! eeeek!!!

it does defrost quite quickly, however can give you a bit of a head freeze!

Sometimes I eat them straight from frozen but not often cos they hurt my head so I only have a couple. Grapes are better frozen really.

Usually I semi-defrost them in the microwave but leave them still a bit slushy. Mix it with some creamy yoghurt like Total 2% and its lush:

5496569273_c2cdb189cf_o.jpg

Tesco often do their own brand frozen fruit 3 for £5. I get raspberries, blueberries and mango.raspberries and mango I eat frozen as they give me a sweet hit. I eat them like sweets. The blueberries I add to a pot of vanilla mullerlight. Gorgeous!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I know this is a bit of an old thread but I brought this fruit last night ,and wondered if I blended this with some sweetner to make a sorbet ,would the syns change ????

Yeah if you puree or cook them you hav to syn them, syns vary between different fruits but they are between about 0.5 - 1.5 syns per 28g (presumably 30g now?)

Thanks for that ermintrude,that's still pretty good syn wise for a nice little bit of sorbet, will defiantly have some tomorrow :)

How i understand it is that the fruit is free but only if eaten fresh/frozen I it's whole state. If you cook with it or mash it then you have to syn it. This has something about it breaks down the sugars and that it makes it easier to eat. I was told that if it was mushed up you would consume much more and the sugars built up so it needs to be syned. HTH

Had some frozen on top of my porridge this morning with a muller light on top,they were very nice .

Back