Tesco light choices points

melarnz

Silver Member
Hey guys

Just found out something that could gave really done some damage to my diet, so I thought I'd share it with you.

I thought the points on the tesco light choice stuff had ww points printed on them. I got some wraps and they were the same points as ww ones, when I opened them, they were massive. I double checked the point and they were 5 each!!!

A colleague told me that tesco do their own points system, and these are their points.

It is possible that I am the only personin the world that didn't know, but just in case I thought I'd share the wealth!

I think the Tesco stuff still has the old Discovery points on them... which used to be really good but now you have to be so careful! Don't understand why they can't just changet he points over, WW must be paying them something to promote the points! x

Apparently the points are now Tescos own diet points!?!?

I think it's hit and miss really. Some things I've bought have had "pro points" noted in the little red circle next to the amount, but others haven't...so I don't know if it's just old packaging that still has the old discover points on, or if they're fussing around with their own points. I'd like to think it's the first option really.

I think it's hit and miss really. Some things I've bought have had "pro points" noted in the little red circle next to the amount, but others haven't...so I don't know if it's just old packaging that still has the old discover points on, or if they're fussing around with their own points. I'd like to think it's the first option really.

Yeah I agree with this. I've bought some things that have that wee red circle with pro points written in. Others are old packaging and are talking about Discover points (usually that stuff is on sale now as they are trying to get rid lol) Thanks for letting us know chick x

Not sure where your colleague got this idea but Tesco diets arent points based. WW have the points aspect tightly copyrighted anyway so noone else can use 'points' as a diet plan. Thats why other diets use things like checks and ticks etc. Noone can use the points system in any guise.

Its far more likely the points are Discover plan points which will make them lower than PP ones. Does it not say WW Points on the pack anyway?

Last edited:
Disturbingly I noticed chilled chocolate mouses with the "old" points on them last time I was shopping. Given how long we've been with pro points now, I do find it a bit off-putting if they've still got chilled stock from literally months ago!

They wont necessarily be old though, Tesco still have points values on fresh stuff (like the wraps mentioned) they just dont seem to have for some reason decided what points plan theyre working with.

Ive just checked the wraps. It does say ww points but not pro points, so you r right about the registered trade mark thing. They are probably old discovery points. I will be double checking in future!

I think it should be law that on all food with the nutritional value it should have pp points on everything lol

Yeah It's just the old points system on some of the packaging. Just make sure it says pro points in the red circle

I think the problem is that tesco etc are being lazy in changing the packaging... Costs them money to rebrand a product, or redo the recipe to suit (as weightwatchers have)! And in some cases (like the pot noodle type things you can get) food has a massive shelf life so it could have been sitting there for ages :p

Just a matter of double checking, doesn't take much time or effort

Back