Tesco Simply Cook Range

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by NiaX, 3 July 2011 Social URL.

1. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Many of you might already be aware but wanted to tell those of you that don't know about this range!

They can be found in the chilled section and the following are free on EE and Red:

Lamb Shank in Minted Gravy (delicious!)
    Butter basted turkey joint
    Beef joint with gravy
    Gammon joint with honey glaze
    Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and cheese (Cooked really nicely)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

How can they be free? Things like gravy & honey have to be synned don't they? & 'butter basted' doesn't sound free.. Lol :S

4. xxchristiexx

xxchristiexx Team Reem

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They are totally free, don’t know how but they are, seen it on syns online and also in the magazine xx

5. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hmmm, think I will be purchasing a few of these!

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Simply Cook Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Bacon & Cheese, twin pack, chilled, 198g each Free

Simply Cook Chicken Breasts with Cheese wrapped in Bacon, twin pack, chilled, 165g each 1

That's bizarre. Must be a suspicious kind of 'cheese' :confused: And how come the smaller 165g is synned whereas the bigger one is entirely free?

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Agreed! Theres just no way that something with cheese in can be free unless its not actual cheese! Plus i doubt the bacon is extra lean. I am at group tomorrow so will ask my consultant & let you know what she says.

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Id like to see the ingredients list :confused: its probably all flavouring! :D

9. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I emailed my c - she says you have to add 6 syns for the cheese if not using as a healthy extra but says she'll ask head office tomorrow to check for sure.

10. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I got to thinking the same!

Butter, cheese, honey glaze, gravy, even the bacon would have to be extra lean etc.

They are either flavour enhancers (most pre-packed stuff is loaded with them and other "bits") or as mentioned, need to be used in conjunction with syns etc.

Surprised at syns online saying this without at least a caveat or a few well-placed asterix;)

11. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Double checked this today and they are definitely all free.
    I have no idea on ingredients or nutritional value but have been told that they can definitely be eaten on EE and Red.

I lost 3.5lb this week after eating the lamb and the chicken wrapped in bacon and cheese, so can't be all that bad lol

12. nutcasefootball

nutcasefootball Member

My c has said they are all free too ;-)
    Confused a little as shanks are high in cals and fat but they are really nice and i have lost weight eating this range ;-)

13. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    My C said she was checking with head office as they were too good to be true & told us to stear clear till she had checked!!

14. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm having my main meals on my own yesterday and today, due to meetings etc., so, yesterday I had the Lamb shank in minted gravy, and got to say it was very good with mashed parsnip and carrotts. Today I am having the chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and cheese (the two of them:eek:) with a large salad.

15. ginlin

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They are all listed on Syns online, and have been for ages:confused:

16. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Think about it this way. If you bought a gammon joint & glazed it with honey, you would syn the honey. Unless this range is magic food, how can a honey glazed gammon be free?!?! Unless its not actually honey glazed!!

Similarly - how on earth can chicken wrapped in non extra lean bacon, topped with cheese be free, only 1 syn? It just does not make any sense whatsoever.

If you've been eating them with no problems then carry on. I have not touched them & would rather wait until it has been checked out. SW do get it wrong occassionally (anyone remember 1 syn lager?!).

I hope i'm wrong for all of you that eat & love them.

17. custardlipstick

custardlipstick Addicted to Cheese

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The one syn lager still is one syn... And the only thing I can assume with the honey glazed gammon is that due to the syns being spread as it is meant to serve several people, not just one then it becomes minimal. SW's rounding does make me laugh. Not sure on the others but all they do its put it in the calculator and get the values, so either tesco are providing incorrect information or SW are entering it wrong but the calc is online so everyone else can try it and see what they get. Going to buy some and try now, fancy the lamb!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. ginlin

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'll let you know next week after eating the lamb yesterday and the chicken today, as I have never eaten them before, as I always cook from scratch for the tribe, but as I was feeding only me, thought I'd give them a go!
    I agree about the honey, but it's probably due to the fact that it is free per 100g and you're not meant to sit and eat the whole joint, mopping up the remaining juice after cooking:eek:
    Bit like the lamb yesterday, there was, like there always is in a lamb shank, sections of fat etc., well I wouldn't eat that, but the dog loved it:D

I think before I eat the chicken, I will calculate the points online, and see what I come up with!

20. ginlin

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Using the nutritional information on the packets and the Syns Calculator online:

Tesco Simply Cook! Lamb Shank in Mint gravy is Free on Red/Original & Extra Easy and 20.5 syns on Green
    and
    Tesco Simply Cook! Chicken breasts topped with cheese & wrapped in bacon are also Free on Red/Origianl & Extra Easy and 9 syns on Green - Even if you eat the two breasts:eek:

21. xxchristiexx

xxchristiexx Team Reem

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well these were all listed in the magazine too,lets face it they arent goin to advertise these products or list them online if they are wrong

22. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had the chicken breasts this week, they were yummy! I also had the chicken breasts with cheese, ham and mushroom sauce...don't think that one would ever be free, but it was yummy! I weigh in first thing tomorrow, and it's looking promising for a loss (fingers crossed!) so I'm not too worried :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.