Tesco ultra slim bars

debbie125

Has anyone used these on Cambridge? I had a look on the exante forum and they seem to think that they're ok to use on the exante diet and so much cheaper than the exante or the Cambridge bars! X

Maybe for occasional use - but personally I wouldn't want to risk my health by having them on a regular basis. The levels of nutrients in the bars vary quite a bit.

Here's a comparison of the nutrients in a Tesco Bar (the first picture) with a Cambridge chewy bar (second picture):

4066-albums3117-picture18546.png

4066-albums3117-picture18547.png

Yup, that second pic is small, sorry. :) But you should hopefully be able to see that the amounts of vitamins and minerals in the Tesco bar are often only 25% of the RDA rather than 33% of the RDA like the Cambridge bar - and in some cases they're much lower - Biotin for example - and other nutrients found in the Cambridge bar (like Chromium for example) are missing altogether in the Tesco bar.

So the Tesco bars contain more calories but contain less of the good stuff.

Last edited:
I havent tried the Tesco ones and not sure I would unless it was an emergency and I had no shakes to hand.

I HAVE subsituted the Exante bars with Biggest Loser ones as Exante (rather foolishly) said they were ok to use as a replacement to the Exante ones.

I have one BL bar a day with 2 shakes and have remained in ketosis and as youll see from my sig my losses havent been affected.

Think I'll steer clear off them then thanks for the advice x

Back