Tesco ultra slim bars

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by debbie125, 10 May 2011 Social URL.

1. debbie125

debbie125 Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Has anyone used these on Cambridge? I had a look on the exante forum and they seem to think that they're ok to use on the exante diet and so much cheaper than the exante or the Cambridge bars! X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Maybe for occasional use - but personally I wouldn't want to risk my health by having them on a regular basis. The levels of nutrients in the bars vary quite a bit.

Here's a comparison of the nutrients in a Tesco Bar (the first picture) with a Cambridge chewy bar (second picture):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yup, that second pic is small, sorry. :) But you should hopefully be able to see that the amounts of vitamins and minerals in the Tesco bar are often only 25% of the RDA rather than 33% of the RDA like the Cambridge bar - and in some cases they're much lower - Biotin for example - and other nutrients found in the Cambridge bar (like Chromium for example) are missing altogether in the Tesco bar.

So the Tesco bars contain more calories but contain less of the good stuff.

Last edited: 10 May 2011
  4. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    and more carbs to

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I havent tried the Tesco ones and not sure I would unless it was an emergency and I had no shakes to hand.

I HAVE subsituted the Exante bars with Biggest Loser ones as Exante (rather foolishly) said they were ok to use as a replacement to the Exante ones.

I have one BL bar a day with 2 shakes and have remained in ketosis and as youll see from my sig my losses havent been affected.

6. debbie125

debbie125 Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Think I'll steer clear off them then thanks for the advice x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.