Tesco Ultra-Slim

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by paul1978, 8 July 2011 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

Is 'Tesco Ultra-Slim' a good alternative to the Cambridge shakes when you cant get the Cambridge shakes for some reason like money etc ... ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymarie3488

kellymarie3488 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan SS+
    i dont no the official answer but im pretty sure they wont keep u in ketosis as are prob high in sugar and carbs

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    In a word no. They're higher in sugar etc and don't have a fraction of the nutrients CD do. Theyre not designed as a TFR so you need to eat as well and you won't be in ketosis.

5. MandyMc

MandyMc Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    I agree with what everyone else has said and just want to emphasise that it would be very dangerous to attempt a total meal replacement diet with Ultraslim/Slimfast etc. It says on their packages that they are not to be used in this way.

Incidentally, I found it very hard to lose weight with SlimFast, whereas on Cambridge 1000 plan, which is similar in that you get two supplements a day and a healthy meal, the pounds have just been dropping off.

6. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    212.8lb
    Current Weight:
    204.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    142lb
    Lost(%):
    8.8lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    As far as the money reason goes, at first I thought CD was going to cost me a fortune and I was worried about how long I'd be able to do it, but I've actually SAVED money since I don't have to buy anything else. My Tesco bill is less than half now!

7. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

Thanks for all the replies.

This answer keeps coming up in various threads. However, we buy the same foods for the whole family. Therefore, when I get CD products, we are still getting the same food (for the rest of the family) as well, so that doesn't really save much (if any) money. It's OK if there is just you to buy for though.

8. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

What about if I used them with a SS+ meal, just like you do when you do SS+ ?

9. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    Because of the high carbs in the ultra slim you will be hungry and you will find it almost impossible to stick to. There is also the problem of the lower nutritional value.
    I believe that EXANTE might be a bit less expensive or lipotrim and these products are designed for TFR.

Exante is available online (links from minimins banners) and lipotrim is available from pharmacies.....

If you're going to follow the ultra slim route then do as suggested on the packs.....
    Or perhaps join myfitnesspal.com, it free and is based on old fashioned calorie counting, which we all know works.

HTH
    Ali x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.