Tesco Ultra-Slim

i dont no the official answer but im pretty sure they wont keep u in ketosis as are prob high in sugar and carbs

paul1978 said:
Is 'Tesco Ultra-Slim' a good alternative to the Cambridge shakes when you cant get the Cambridge shakes for some reason like money etc ... ??

In a word no. They're higher in sugar etc and don't have a fraction of the nutrients CD do. Theyre not designed as a TFR so you need to eat as well and you won't be in ketosis.

I agree with what everyone else has said and just want to emphasise that it would be very dangerous to attempt a total meal replacement diet with Ultraslim/Slimfast etc. It says on their packages that they are not to be used in this way.

Incidentally, I found it very hard to lose weight with SlimFast, whereas on Cambridge 1000 plan, which is similar in that you get two supplements a day and a healthy meal, the pounds have just been dropping off.

Thanks for all the replies.

As far as the money reason goes, at first I thought CD was going to cost me a fortune and I was worried about how long I'd be able to do it, but I've actually SAVED money since I don't have to buy anything else. My Tesco bill is less than half now!

This answer keeps coming up in various threads. However, we buy the same foods for the whole family. Therefore, when I get CD products, we are still getting the same food (for the rest of the family) as well, so that doesn't really save much (if any) money. It's OK if there is just you to buy for though.

Because of the high carbs in the ultra slim you will be hungry and you will find it almost impossible to stick to. There is also the problem of the lower nutritional value.
I believe that EXANTE might be a bit less expensive or lipotrim and these products are designed for TFR.

Exante is available online (links from minimins banners) and lipotrim is available from pharmacies.....

If you're going to follow the ultra slim route then do as suggested on the packs.....
Or perhaps join myfitnesspal.com, it free and is based on old fashioned calorie counting, which we all know works.

HTH
Ali x

Back