Tesco Wholemeal Pita

Sorry but this is not a HEB.

The books say 57g of wholemeal bread is HEB - but strictly speaking, pitta is not wholemeal bread - there are other additives.

The website lists those that are acceptable as a HEX and these are currently ASDA and Co-op varieties ONLY - no others are listed, so no others can be included.

If you do have a Co-op nearby I'd stock up if you can - they currently have them on offer at 2 packs for 80p (normallly 72p each)

Ah okay sorry! I did wonder why it only listed wholemeal pitta for asda, but assumed any wholemeal bread was okay.

Sorry Hannah, get down to asda and so will i as i was going to buy tesco pitta today eeeek

My friend has kindly said i can use her website log in as she doesnt use it when she gets the pin, its good for the up to date information. As its easy to get things wrong at times x

Thanks ladies, admittedly I dont pay to go to slimming world because I cant afford it, not long had a baby and me and my partner were made redundant when I was pregnant! Im just desperate to do slimming world to shift the baby weight :-( feel like ill never get it right without going to meetings :-( I started monday and im not even sure if ive counted my syns right, and the healthy extras confuse me, and people saying eat as much free food as you like, but not too much or its classed as food abuse? :'(

I would advise you to join a class, even if it's only for the one week so that you can get your books and the consultant introduction. it really will make all the difference and I think the half price offer is still on.

What confuses you about healthy extra?

With free foods you can eat as much as you need to be comfortably full without feeling stuffed. Food abuse is where you use a free food in a way that was not intended in order to make a snack type food eg cous cous or chickpeas as a substitute for flour in a cake. You would never have have even considered using them for this purpose before SW.

Thanks ladies, admittedly I dont pay to go to slimming world because I cant afford it, not long had a baby and me and my partner were made redundant when I was pregnant! Im just desperate to do slimming world to shift the baby weight :-( feel like ill never get it right without going to meetings :-( I started monday and im not even sure if ive counted my syns right, and the healthy extras confuse me, and people saying eat as much free food as you like, but not too much or its classed as food abuse? :'(

On green and red days you can have 2 Healthy extras from section A and B, but only 1 of each on Extra Easy day.

If you need any help with syns, i can help you as i can log in now i just registered on SW website xx

Thanks, I think I might ask for a countdown course for my birthday in 2 weeks? Thanks for the support, shifting baby weight is hard work! I think the healthy extra thing confused me because I only have 1 hot drink in the morning with milk, so id like to use whatever HExA I have left on cheese maybe, but dont know if I can combine or not? If so how much would I have 'left'? And is it true I have to have my full hexa allowance or I have to syn it? And do my free meals have to have 1/3 salad or they are syns? X x thanks again appreciate it x x

Do you post your food diary on here hannah, it really helps me. I usually plan it the night before so i know what im doing.

Not at the moment, only just joined so not sure I know what im doing entirely! I had what I thought was a 1 syn breakfast (wholemeal pita, trimmed bacon, tbsp ketchup) turned out to be 8 syns :-( then had a syn free meal (im assuming) home made spagbol with a bit of greated cheese on for hexa, but I also had a couple of coffees with skimmed milk, and unsure my spag bol was syn free because of the super free foods? Argh, so got stressed and had 1 glass of red, I feel lost lol! X x

Back