Tesco's Price checker

*honey

Silver Member
Hi ya,

Following on from ASDA's new price comparrison checker, Tescos are now doing the same!
I put in my details from the receipt and my Tesco's shop was £1.92 cheaper than ASDA.

So not sure how they both think there cheaper....lol.

I only had about half of my shop that was comparable. most items were the same price.

The supermarket I use is half a mile away - walking distance if I am not carrying too much. It is a bit more expensive than some of the others - but one is at least three miles away, some even further, which involves getting the car out. To get to the nearest Asda would be a 40 minute round trip, depending on traffic.

There are other reasons for shopping in a particular place, other than price.

I was in a village recently which has a shop which is run by the local people. By the till there is a notice which explained that although the supermarket in the nearest town would be cheaper, the average car journey there and back would cost £5!

My nearest supermarket is a 20 mile round trip so I have to make sure I do all my shopping in one go. Unfortunately we don't have any supermarkets locally only a little corner shop which is way too expensive to buy from and don't do anything fresh at all. Mainly tinned stuff and frozen ready meals!

Denise

It made me chuckle when Tesco started doing this - they only promise the difference back if they're more expensive than Asda .... they don't stretch to Morrisons nor Sainsbugs!
Also, Tesco don't do the comparison immediately (like the Asda site), you'll only get an e-mail notification within 36hrs of inputting the details.
That said - a saving is a saving, so bring it on.

Apparently tesco has dropped the price of a 1000 items specifically to compete with Asda on price. As has been said - bring it on!

so far my shops have been cheaper at Tesco ( which is where i shop anyway) I find Tesco better quality and you get the clubcard points and is now also cheaper.
I just never find the quality of fruit and veg is very good in ASDA. and somethings which appear cheaper, and the price is less than Tesco, the ASDA packs are smaller so per item or 100g Tesco is the better value.

Back