Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Glad you got through the night ok! I think FBS is right, sit and plan out when you can have them, when you know you will get hungry and then it should be easier! Glad you're happier though!! Have a good day!

Hi Cookie, thanks for that.

I feel a bit better after a few hours sleep. Today has been good so far. I've only had my strawberry Tetra, and I've had scrambled eggs for lunch. Only planning on having one more shake today, but not sure if I'll go for the choc mint, or banana, or if I'll go savoury. We'll see. :D

I haven't managed much water since I've woken up - probably only about a litre. However, I've still got a few hours to go.

Don't know what's changed, but I definitely feel more positive today. I am dreading seeing my CDC though. She's probably going to think that I'm wasting her time because of all my ups and downs. :sigh:

I'm getting a Ab trimmer later today so I'm looking forward to working out a bit tonight. Nothing too strenuous of course.

I've just done some shopping online. Feel it's better than going to the shops - less temptation. I've ordered some low fat vinagrette (sorry - not sure of spelling!:eek:) and some nutmeg spice. See if it will help me stay on track.

I'm really loving this weather today and my little girl and I have spent some much-needed quality time together. Just waiting for OH to get home, as I haven't actually seen him properly for a few days (ships in the night springs to mind).

Anyway, I just want to say thanks so much for all your support. If it wasn't for all of you, I would've probably quit ages ago.

I have worked out some mini goals to keep me focused and I'm still trying to plan my CD shakes around my shifts.

My minigoals are::cross:
Get under 15st
Lose 14lbs in September
Lose 2st by Christmas
Lose 3st by my birthday in January

Thanks for reading and hope you all have a good day. :coffee:
Tess

Hi tessie
I've enjoyed reading your diary, glad you are feeling positive.

Nutmeg I use that too, its lovely in banana shake, I use whole nutmegs think it smells really nice when you grate it. I tried cinnamon in my vanilla shake today and thats nice too!!
Good idea to shop online, in my first week totally avoided the supermarket.
Whats this ab trimmer you've got? let us know how you get on xx

Hi Miss-R,
Thanks so much for your lovely post. I really appreciate it and glad you liked reading my diary.

I am pleased to report that I am still feeling quite positive this morning. Good thing too as I get weighed tomorrow! :eek:

Mmm, I'm definitely going to experiment with the cinnemon and nutmeg. Will keep you posted!

The ab trimmer is quite good. Still trying to figure out how to use it properly. I suppose it's not really rocket science. Had a bit of a go last night, but since I had to be up at 3am this morning for work, I decided to go to bed instead. I am working till 6pm tonight, so should be home for about 7-ish. Planning on having another go and doing a bit of my Davina workout.

For today's menu we have:
Strawberry Tetra for breakfast
Vegetable soup for lunch
My choccie bar split into 4 so I can nibble on it all day,
and grilled chicken fillet with lettuce for dinner.

Thanks for reading and have a good day! :D

Hello everyone, well my day didn't start off too well. I faced the music and went to see my CDC. Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought and I only put on half a pound. I had a really good chat to her, and told her exactly how I was feeling. She was really lovely about it, and we've come up with a plan to help me stay on track. I'm still carrying on with SS+, but instead of a meal (which I think is steering me off track), I will be having 4 packs a day. I will be dividing all the packs/bars into two, so effectively I will be having 8 meals a day. This is due to the fact that I'm up for minimim 20 hours a day. I'm really hoping that this is going to be my saving grace. I've also dusted off my Paul McKenna CD's, so I'm going to start listening to them again from tomorrow.
My target is now to lose half a stone by the 15th of September. It's totally do-able, so I am determined to do this.
Have a good evening, all! :D

I almost mentioned about the possibilty of splittng the packs and spreading them out, but I wasn't sure if it would be a pain for you to do being at work. :(

Thanks FBS, nice to hear from you again. Yeah, it might be a bit of a pain, but it's better than me grabbing food really.

How was your day so far? My night is dragging on! Working till 6am. Already feeling really tired.

We have a water cooler at work, but they didn't deliver water this week, and we've just run out!!! :eek: I've still got at least 2.5 litres to drink. Not sure what to do now. Only got coffee otherwise. :confused:

Not doing too bad thanks, other than aching all over. Been rather busy the last few days.

Is the tap water not very good? I'm guessing it might be rank after getting used to decent water from a cooler. We have horrible water from our tap, but my trusty Brita filter works wonders on it.

Do you get some kind or break, so you can maybe pop out to get some bottled water from a petrol station?

Hiya, the tap water is absolutely disgusting! :yuk: I will probably get a break at about 3am, but I don't know of anywhere around here that is open, to be honest. :( I will see if any of the operators are popping out and will ask them to get some for me.

Chat soon.

hey tess,

your plan of spreading out your shakes and soups sounds brilliant! hope it works out well for ye dis week :)!! if the tap water is mank why not drink boiled water from the kettle til you can nip out to the shop, its also really good for kick starting your metabolism (my mam swears by a cup of boiled water first think in the morning!!).xx

Hi Natlou, nice to hear from you. Thanks for the advice. I've drank a few cups of Rooibos tea tonight so far. We have a boiler that we use for a cuppa, but I may well take up your suggestion. Thanks very much.. Hope you're doing wel. :D

Hiya, one of the operators was kind enough to go and get me some water, so problem solved. Feeling very tired today, but that's probably coz I've only had an hour's sleep after nightshift. Couldn't really sleep longer, as I won't sleep tonight otherwise. I have to get up at 3am tomorrow morning to go back to work.:(
On the up side my friend has invited me
to go to a Zumba class with her. I think it's going to be really fun, although I'm sure I'll be absolutely rubbish! :D Anyway, not having too bad a day so far. Going to have my bar in a little while and a soup later on tonight. Going to start the 4 packs divided into 2 from tomorrow at work.
Have a good day, everyone. :)

1st day of new SS+ plan...

Hi Cookie! How are you doing?
Zumba is a latin dance workout that tones the whole body. It's a lot of fun, but I'll probably not be able to move tomorrow! LOL. :character00115: Looking forward to it though. Have a look on Youtube as there are a couple of examples of it on there.

So, I'm back in at work, after finishing nightshift yesterday morning. I'm still feeling pretty knackered, so didn't do too well on CD yesterday.

I'm starting it today as the CDC suggested, and I've divided my shakes already and as they're in clear plastic sandwich bags at the mo, it will be a surprise when I make one to see what flavour it is. I haven't done this with the soups as I run the risk of making a soup with cold water! Yuk!

On the downside, there has still been no water delivery in our office. :( Luckily I've brought a 2 litre bottle with me... :giggle:

I've also started listening to Paul Mckenna's I can make you slim CD last night again. Feel extremely positive this morning. :D I've already told my mom (who is looking after my little girl today) that she MUST NOT make me any dinner as I'm just on shakes for the next two weeks.
I'm aiming to lose at least 5lbs this week, as it won't quite be a full week. (Getting weighed on Friday due to my shifts).
Wish me luck! :cross:

Good luck Tess.... Hope splitting the shakes makes it easier. What job do you do. I can imagine that working nights would put quite a lot of extra strain on doing the diet. You're doing very well. xxx

Aaah, thanks Spolly. I am a supervisor for an alarm monitoring company. (Can't really say too much as it's top secret! ;)) LOL.
I work officially 4 12-hour shifts in a row - being 2 dayshifts followed by 2 nights, but recently we have had one person go off on long-term sick, so we're doing up to 7 shifts in a row to try and cover. it's a killer, especially as I have a 2 year old daughter who is very demanding too.

Anyway, back to work, and now for my half a choc mint shake. :)

Hey - thank you for your messages! I looked at you tube and it looks so much fun! Am going to search for a class near here! Mind you, we are in the middle of no where so doubt there is one, but I can try! SO pleased that you can split the shakes now too, you sound much happier.x

Good morning Everyone!

I officially LOVE Zumba! :D It was such a great class last night, and I will definitely be going back. I can definitely feel it this morning though! :eek:
Cookie, glad you like the Youtube videos. I know they do Zumba classes at Virgin Active clubs, Fitness First and LA Fitness too, but there is such a demand for it that there are more and more instructors giving private classes. If there isn't a group near you, have a look on Amazon.com as they sell the DVD's too. :)

I am still feeling very positive. Yesterday went really well with the splitting of the shakes and I definitely think that this is the way forward. I did have some protein yesterday evening, but that was due to the fact that I was going to Zumba and needed a bit extra. (We burnt approx 1200kcal last night!!!!:eek:)

Right, so onto day 2 of Shake-splitting :D.

Have been up since 3am, so feeling quite tired already. Have been holding off having my first half-shake and I'm planning on waiting till approx 8am, if I can. I will be pretty busy today as we have all our alarm checks to do today - seismic alarms, fire alarms, generator checks, intruder alarms, etc. I have to test all the systems so I will be running around like a loon all day. Still, it should burn a few calories. :p

Have a great day, everyone, and I'll try and catch up with you all later on this afternoon/evening.

Back