Tetra Ice cream

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
Can someone help please? I am going to try doing a tetra ice cream this week. I tried before but they froze into a really solid block. How do you do yours?

yep.. I do the solid block.. leave on the side to defrost for 15 mins.. put in a bowl (unwrapped) then leave again for about 10 mins.. if you can bear to! ;)

EAT!! if you can't wait that last 10 mins it'll take ages to eat - no bad thing ;)

I've heard from my CDC some cut a corner off and eat it like a jubbly out of the packet. :)

I did this last night and couldn't be bothered to wait for it to soften, so I microwaved it for a minute (will prob get told off for that now), but it was perfect afterwards! Soft enough to get your spoon into straight away....

I did this last night and couldn't be bothered to wait for it to soften, so I microwaved it for a minute (will prob get told off for that now)

LOL - not at all. As you aren't supposed to freeze them anyway, unless they are the 'extra' on the SS+, you would have already had all the nutrition from the other 3 packs...so wont hurt to freeze and m/wave the 4th :)

So does that mean (as Im on 4 shakes a day) that I can freeze the fourth even if its powder form?

Yes you can freeze or microwave a 4th pack a day as you have had all your nutrients you need for the day from the other 3 packs but not recommended if your on 3 packs only per day. I think that is right but if not a cdc will correct shortly. :)

So does that mean (as Im on 4 shakes a day) that I can freeze the fourth even if its powder form?

No, I think you can. You're 6 foot? so will need 4 anyway for SS, so you don't get an extra one on SS+, so unfortunately, shouldn't use any of them for icecream. Sorry :(

KD is this the case with the other receipes? And the porridge? I have porridge every day but it nearly boils over when I microwave it.. I have to stop the micro for a second or two to let it go down.. does this ruin the nutrients?

The microwaving process has been accounted for in the formula for the porridge.

No other products should be cooked or frozen is they are part of your daily nutrition.

Thanks Linda :) I used to do this last time on just SS.. but will ensure I don't unless it's the 4th pack now.

Oh bum... I'm only on 3 packs, and will probably stay that way until target reached... struggling to lose much per week so am staying on minimum possible... nevermind!

The microwaving process has been accounted for in the formula for the porridge.

No other products should be cooked or frozen is they are part of your daily nutrition.

Hmmm, glad I looked here as my CD Counsellor told me I could have every shake frozen if I wanted! I'm on three a day. She also said I could make them all into mousse if I wanted - does that sound right? :confused:

Back