Tetra question

Lazyhound

Can I dilute a tetra and keep it in a flask for a few hours or will it spoil like the made up shakes do?

I really can't drink them without being diluted as I find them far too strong

Annie x

I'm not sure to be honest but im sure someone will let you know. Why not keep the water in the flask and then add the tetra when you're ready to drink it? xx

I'd like to know if you can dilute them too they are quite strong....glad it's not just me.

Yep, you can dilute them and they keep well even when opened :)

:thankyou:

I have a couple of days this week when I'll be in the road for a while and it will make things so much better that I can carry them made up :)

Annie x

I keep mine in the freezer! When I want one for lunch at work I wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge at work and by the time its lunch time I have a lovely ice cream!!:D

Yep, you can dilute them and they keep well even when opened :)

So they don't have to be eaten (drank) within 15 minutes?

I keep mine in the freezer! When I want one for lunch at work I wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge at work and by the time its lunch time I have a lovely ice cream!!:D

That is such a brilliant idea - especially with Summer coming (it is honest ha ha!!). I might have to give that a go!

i make up half a tetra and fill up the rest of the mug with hot water and have two hot chocolates. two servings for the price of one :D

the icecream is scrummy. i chop the top off, put it back on to temporarily seal it and take it to the cinema with me :)

abz xx

I have mine as KD suggested half choc tetra half coffee, you get 2 or 3 decent mugs, it's lovely.

CD tetra

I add my choc velvet with cup of cold water and ice and make a frescato in the blender.It is fantastic. I also make frescatos with the vanilla, cappuchino, toffe & walnut and all the chocolate shakes.
With the summer berry , I make ice pops .They make a lovely change.

Li

I wish I could do all this - but I don't like Tetras! :( (They taste like chemicals to me!)

I don't suppose you can make ice cream with shakes, can you? (......said she, hopefully! :D)

Actually... yes. :D

It's not perfect but not bad. Hang on, let me go see if I can find the 'recipe'...

ICE CREAM
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one) - add a small amount of water (about 2tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream". (The texture resembles more of frozen yoghurt, but it is still very nice)

Comes from this post: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake-2.html#post72954

Enjoy! :D

BTW - unless you're having a 4th pack, ignore the other recipes here where you 'cook' the packets, hard though that is! (see KD's comment at the beginning of the thread)

I wish I could do all this - but I don't like Tetras! :( (They taste like chemicals to me!)

I took one sip of my first tetra and nearly threw it up as I too found the taste very chemical :jelous:
I can only drink them diluted, the strawberry one I make up to a pint and the choc one usually half a tetra to make up to a mugs worth with hot water.

Annie x

Strawberry wasn't around when I was on the diet, but I used to get a 'chemical' taste with the banana tetra. I never got it with the choc. Strange how tastebuds vary isn't it.

Strange how tastebuds vary isn't it.

It is strange, I can't stand the chocolate tetra it tastes vile to me, but don't mind the banana or strawberry

Back