thank u ive made my decision

paula 36

Gold Member
hi guys,if you know me you know im going to oz very shortly.Should of been there in july but anyway everything fell thru and im still here.We decided to remortgage and i presumed we would be here for another 6 weeks.
I have suffered with my back for years and decided i would try and loose a chunk before we left.I was doin ww till a week aga but was messing about.
I spoke to the mortgage company and we could be goin in a fortnight,which means lots of meals out and wine.Was i daft starting this now should i of carried on with ww till im there.When we get to oz until we find a rented we are stopping with a family weve met on the internet.I think as well if im honest i dont want to go over there fat but thats whats gonna happen now.I have felt really low today as i know even if i lost a stone in the next 2 weeks when i eat before i go im going to put on.
Should i continue or should i go back to ww,please help as my weight should be the last thing on my mind.I have contacted cambridge in oz and can do it over there .Im 16 stone so im not a lightweight and i get soooooooooooooooo paranoid over my weight:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Personally, I don't think SSing at the moment is the right option for you. You are under so much pressure at the moment, everything is up in the air, and you will find it difficult once you move to SS 100%. I think your best option is damage limitation at this time. Stick with WW, you will lose a bit of weight, although slower than CD, but once you have settled in Oz, THEN and only then is the time to commit 100% to SSing. But, that's only my opinion hun, others may think different. xx

I suppose i had visions of goin to oz thinner,but thats obviously not the case.I felt really revved up forcambridge but im not even gonna make a dent n my weight am i ?

I think I agree with Cheryl. With your move so imminent its not going to make a lot of difference. I think if it was me, Id just try and eat sensibly until I went, enjoy your meals out with family and friends then really get started on CD when you move.

thanks starlight, i suffer so much with my mirror image that i wanted people to meet me when im happy with me ,xxSorry for sounding so lowxx

Paula Sweetheart...

It's difficult enough moving in this country with solicitors, estate agents and "the chain", I can't imagine what it must feel like knowing your moving to the other side of the world. I appreciate it's your decision but you can't shut the door on emotions you must be feeling both sadness and excitement...

You must be on a real rollercoaster and I for one wouldn't want to be thinking of CD at this time. I've written in quite a few threads that although this diet is "simple" in terms of the logistics, you have to become self obsessed to get through it and you much more important things to be worrying about let alone "is my bum getting smaller..."

You're already in a no-win situation because you're being realistic and know that you're not going to drop however many stones it's going to take for you to feel comfortable... so therefore you're thinking is it worth the struggle...

You're do it sweetheart but I personally don't think this is the time to do it and emotionally I don't think you should be beating yourself up...

Your move to Oz will be the beginning of the a new chapter in your life - make it the beginning of a new you too.

Best of luck darling

H x

thanks starlight, i suffer so much with my mirror image that i wanted people to meet me when im happy with me ,xxSorry for sounding so lowxx

Hey dont apologise, youve got loads going on in your life just now. I really do think your diet is the least of your concerns for now.

Focus on getting organised, seeing family & friends, enjoying what ever they have planned for you.

Then, when you get to Oz, as Mrs Roch says, see it as a start of a new life & a new you

:)

I can only agree with the others.

You really need to have your head in the right place and total focus to do CD. You are being pulled in so many directions that it must be so hard for you.

I know how hard it must be to want to move over there as the best ever you, and you probably feel disappointed in yourself, but please don't be harsh on yourself. Others very rarely look at you and judge you as harshly as you judge yourself.

I'd wait and have a new start when you move. Good thing is that we'll all still be here for you when you start, and you'll get to be the one start the daily threads each day whilst we're still sleeping, lol. We'll never be able to beat you to it!!!

Hi Paula hun,

Youve had some great advice from here, and I can only echo whats been said. I have always been a firm believer in head in the right place stuff, for me, CD only works when there is nothing else to sort out, and your life must be upside down just right now.

Sit back, take a deep breath and enjoy the time you have here with family and friends, CD wont go away, its there in Oz, and everyone will love you when you get there x

thank you so much hannah sandy and westiegirl,ive just rang my councillor for her advice and she said to carry on but perhaps moving up the programmes.I know what shes saying but will i be able to stick with it .She also said i would still loose in 2 weeks which i will but will it go straight back on eating and drinking aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You will lose in 2 weeks paula but its not going to be the amount you want to make you feel great about yourself. I can understand what shes saying and ultimately the decision has to be yours

As I said personally Id forget CD and WW til youre over there, and until you go, try and eat sensibly do some exercise and enjoy your farewell meals, nights out etc.

*HUGS*

thanks starlight ,the mortgage woman is ringing in the morning to confirm so will let you all know.Thanks againxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey hun hows u ??? no need for moi to post everyone here has said what i told you on the phone earlier xxxxxx

Paula hun, being a happy person is MUCH moe important than being a slim person. If you are doing CD and being miserable, then it will show. I know you are not "happy" at the weight you are at the moment, but I also think that you need some "me" time and once you are settled you will lose the weight. Adding more pressure at this time is not a good idea, no-one who meets you for the first time will judge you by weight - I have never met you, but you are have come across as a wonderful warm person, and that will be perceived by anyone who meets you. Take time out hun, and go with the flow, you can tackle the weight once you are settled in your new life. In the meantime, just be sensible on the eating (and drinking - lol) front xxx Luvs yu

Why don't you focus on something about you other than your weight. Ok 16 stone's not skinny but it's not the size of a house either, so forget about it. It doesn't define you unless you let it. Going to Oz is a chance to be a new person with a new life. Get your hair done, change your make up, treat yourself to some snazzy tshirts in the sales, then pin your best smile on and enjoy your last meetings with family and friends. You just might surprise yourself with how good you can feel!

Love

Why don't you focus on something about you other than your weight. Ok 16 stone's not skinny but it's not the size of a house either, so forget about it. It doesn't define you unless you let it. Going to Oz is a chance to be a new person with a new life. Get your hair done, change your make up, treat yourself to some snazzy tshirts in the sales, then pin your best smile on and enjoy your last meetings with family and friends. You just might surprise yourself with how good you can feel!

Love

nice one barb xxxxx

Personally I would try to maintain your loss and follow ww until you are setlled on Oz and can really get stuck in to CD. Whatever you decide we are all here for you love. Dont worry im sure your mates in Oz know what a kind,lovely person you are and your weight just wont be an issue.

HUGS

Ax

thank you so so so much you are all so lovely and have really given me a boost.As soon as ive spoken and know the time scale i will be sure to ley you all know:flowers::flowers::flowers::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::sign0168:

Hi Paula , i think that you have to really say ok i'll have some treats if you really want them , like to join in on leaving parties you will have coming up but just try and be good in morning and if you can at lunch time , and evening if you are going out , just something lite? at least then its not going to gain much , think really it will even itself out until you think , ok i can do this , meaning celerbrations are over . Crist only 2 weeks ? or 6 weeks either way , will there be time to think of food hehe . Just play each day on how your feeling and go with that feeling .

ok have heard from mortgage and it will be week after next.My question is do i do one more week or do i come off now and follow wwxx

Back