That moment/photo/dress that makes you think WOW

BlodynAur

I'm going to admit now that WOW isn't the word I said, it was much more... colourful... and inappropriate to be posted online... Anyway, I posted yesterday about being stressed and don't know if I can cope with counting syns, and I've posted before asking how likely I would lose weight if I had a cheat day every week. Well, I'm posting today to say that I don't care if I have lots of uni work, and I don't care if I'd usually have a pizza on Friday night.

I've finally had that defining moment. That moment the people in magazines talk about. That moment that makes you think WOW, I need to lose weight.

I'm on my way out to celebrate a friend's birthday and was just getting ready. I'd planned on wearing this purple lacy dress but I put it on and it felt tight. I went to the mirror and I looked hideous. I looked okay in this dress a few weeks back (or I think I did, who the hell knows), how could this be?! I couldn't leave the house in it, it was so tight. It emphasised my big arms, my podgy stomach! My eyes filled with tears, literally. My boyfriend (who was looking really confused - he's always been skinny, he'll never quite understand) asked me if this was it, am I finally ready to start my journey properly. I asked him to take photos of me straight away. I set one of the photos as the wallpaper on my phone, took the dress off, and hung it on my door where I'll see it everyday.

I am going to fit into that dress one day, and I'm going to look bloody gorgeous in it. Bring it on!

Funny you should post this, I was just looking back through some old photos and I found a 'collage' I made less than a year ago to document my weight-loss achievement to that point. I've just found it now, and realised that I'm currently at the halfway 'weight-point' between the Before and After photos. I don't want to end up back at my original weight!

(I'll probably regret posting this as soon as I do, haha - oh well!)

44540_10152229373040587_2126515228_n.jpg

Funny you should post this, I was just looking back through some old photos and I found a 'collage' I made less than a year ago to document my weight-loss achievement to that point. I've just found it now, and realised that I'm currently at the halfway 'weight-point' between the Before and After photos. I don't want to end up back at my original weight!

(I'll probably regret posting this as soon as I do, haha - oh well!)

View attachment 127024

you look amazing, im sure its not gonna take you to long to get back on track :)

well done, sometimes a little moment like this can make all the difference!

I can't make your avatar bigger, so can't see the dress but from what I can see it looks gorgeous on!

Yes been there. Last October went to a family birthday evening out. My auntie has lost a huge amount of weight. And was shocked to see she was slimmer than me! There was a time she was 28 stone. An amazing achievement and felt a bit annoyed at myself for not working as hard as she had. So felt large and uncomfortable even though I loved my outfit.

My cousins have always been slimmer than me and tried no to let it bother me. However a group photo was taken and posted to me. I welled up with tears, I was the largest and my arms looked humongous. The outfit I thought looked nice made me look like an overweight zebra. I'm not posting tho!:p It gave me the shock to get back to slimming world plan.

Since I've lost a bit of weight my clothes are fitting a lot nicer. So onwards and downwards.

Back