1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

That moment/photo/dress that makes you think WOW

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by BlodynAur, 28 February 2014 Social URL.

1. BlodynAur

BlodynAur Well-Known Member

I'm going to admit now that WOW isn't the word I said, it was much more... colourful... and inappropriate to be posted online... Anyway, I posted yesterday about being stressed and don't know if I can cope with counting syns, and I've posted before asking how likely I would lose weight if I had a cheat day every week. Well, I'm posting today to say that I don't care if I have lots of uni work, and I don't care if I'd usually have a pizza on Friday night.

I've finally had that defining moment. That moment the people in magazines talk about. That moment that makes you think WOW, I need to lose weight.

I'm on my way out to celebrate a friend's birthday and was just getting ready. I'd planned on wearing this purple lacy dress but I put it on and it felt tight. I went to the mirror and I looked hideous. I looked okay in this dress a few weeks back (or I think I did, who the hell knows), how could this be?! I couldn't leave the house in it, it was so tight. It emphasised my big arms, my podgy stomach! My eyes filled with tears, literally. My boyfriend (who was looking really confused - he's always been skinny, he'll never quite understand) asked me if this was it, am I finally ready to start my journey properly. I asked him to take photos of me straight away. I set one of the photos as the wallpaper on my phone, took the dress off, and hung it on my door where I'll see it everyday.

I am going to fit into that dress one day, and I'm going to look bloody gorgeous in it. Bring it on!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. RubyMoss

RubyMoss Well-Known Member

Funny you should post this, I was just looking back through some old photos and I found a 'collage' I made less than a year ago to document my weight-loss achievement to that point. I've just found it now, and realised that I'm currently at the halfway 'weight-point' between the Before and After photos. I don't want to end up back at my original weight!

(I'll probably regret posting this as soon as I do, haha - oh well!)

44540_10152229373040587_2126515228_n.jpg

4. Panni

Panni Well-Known Member

you look amazing, im sure its not gonna take you to long to get back on track :)

5. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

well done, sometimes a little moment like this can make all the difference!

I can't make your avatar bigger, so can't see the dress but from what I can see it looks gorgeous on!

6. lemonandlime1

lemonandlime1 Well-Known Member

Well done you on finding new strength :) you sound like you have a supportive boyfriend which is great too.

7. sweetierufus

sweetierufus Well-Known Member

Yes been there. Last October went to a family birthday evening out. My auntie has lost a huge amount of weight. And was shocked to see she was slimmer than me! There was a time she was 28 stone. An amazing achievement and felt a bit annoyed at myself for not working as hard as she had. So felt large and uncomfortable even though I loved my outfit.

My cousins have always been slimmer than me and tried no to let it bother me. However a group photo was taken and posted to me. I welled up with tears, I was the largest and my arms looked humongous. The outfit I thought looked nice made me look like an overweight zebra. I'm not posting tho!:p It gave me the shock to get back to slimming world plan.

Since I've lost a bit of weight my clothes are fitting a lot nicer. So onwards and downwards.