That realisation moment

silencemylips

Silver Member
You know that moment you stop being in denial telling yourself you don't look too bad, it doesn't look like you've put that much weight on, etc. and you stop and realise that something has to change.

I just had that this morning, looking at myself getting dressed this morning I was disgusted and disappointed that I let myself put more and more weight on. From the disgust I got a massive hit of motivation, I suppose every time I want to eat tasty foods I'm just going to have to stand in front of the mirror necckked!

This has got me in the zone!

Has anyone else got any moments of massive determination and motivation?

LOL - take your pic!! when i feel like that i look back on my start pic and seriously look awful - i don't even now remember being that fat and unhealthy looking but know that was part of the problem and so i can never go back to being there!!! x

i've been getting rid of my clothes as i've gone along, my boyfriend's mother has got 2 pairs of work trousers that no longer fit me and my mother is now wearing my size 16 skinny jeans! i'm firmly back in my size 14 trousers which are starting to get a little looser on me so the minute i can get into the 12s, i'm buying 1 few pairs of trousers for work plus 2 pairs of jeans and the old ones can go out again either to friends or charity so that i cannot put on weight as i'll have no clothes to wear!!

I had that moment 2 weeks ago and have finally started on the CD plan today!! I have tried other diets in the past and have never been this motivated!! I am in 'the zone', soooooooooo motivated and I can't wait to have that 'baggy clothes' feeling, where I can start getting rid of some of my big clothes:D

Yep yep yep i think that moment is when you know you will achieve your goal and almost as if you cant possibly believe you would fail. I dont even remember buying bigger clothes and then a few wks before id decided to restart CD i got out of shower one morning and it was like OMG when did i turn into an elephant, it honestly felt like overnight i'd gained about 3 more stone and was just faced with roils of fat and just ugghness so that was it and so far ive not looked back and i WILL achieve my goal

Can you believe I look at the mirror and think I'm a size 10!!! Which in reality I am not. Then it dawns on me when I put on my size 18 jeans and think wtf seriously sort it out. The true realisation had come through reading some of the posts and how true they were for me. I've just been kidding myself all along. I have 3 young kids that I Want
To see grow up and also a dream to buy a designer pair of jeans rather than the ones from marks n sparks.
So bring on 8 May when I finally start.

ps I wish I had read this before my food binge. I'm eating all the crap before I start!!! Note to self when feeling crap or bored come on the forum

Newtocd said:
Can you believe I look at the mirror and think I'm a size 10!!! Which in reality I am not. Then it dawns on me when I put on my size 18 jeans and think wtf seriously sort it out. The true realisation had come through reading some of the posts and how true they were for me. I've just been kidding myself all along. I have 3 young kids that I Want
To see grow up and also a dream to buy a designer pair of jeans rather than the ones from marks n sparks.
So bring on 8 May when I finally start.

I wonder whether what I see in the mirror is right or not too. Sometimes I don't feel like I look much different, but at times I'm disgusted, not sure which to believe!
I start officially tomorrow and I must admirer I did just have a bit of a binge too, but that's over now!

Back