THAT shocking photo...

Wannabeslim89

/willbeslim! (Lucy)
So - I am just under 15st and don't quite know how I got here - I have never thought of myself as massive but have always been a bit bigger than I wanted to - I go through phases of finding something that fits ok and sometimes thinking - you know what, I look ok... and then the photos arrive... and you see yourself how everyone else has seen you... you find yourself thinking... I'm sure I don't look like that? It was a recent photo of me that made me think enough is enough... I want to celebrate lovely moments with family and friends and savour memories with photos... not always offer to take them or hide behind people or have no photos of me smiling because I'm concentrating on the angle of my chin...

So - did you have a photo? a moment? a eureka moment? what has led you to exante/dieting and why will this time be different for all my fellow serial dieters out there? x x x

Great post wannabeslim89!

I put on the weight after the birth of my son last November. This was the biggest i had gotten and my mum got worried as i'd never put on so much weight!
To top it my sister was getting married and she kept changing the dates for her wedding giving me less time to shed as much as i could,but i needed to shift some of the weight asap as i looked like a monster at her engagment!!!!

I first tried losing weight myself but i couldn't do much activity as i had a C-section. I then came across this forum and the different sort of vlcd diets, Exante looked the most promising and i ordered my packs after reading some fab diaries!

Since then i've been on and off the diet to personal reasons most of which i have added in my diary but i never let this get me down, at the end of the day i am doing this for me and only i can make these changes in my life.

I've reached my current set target and i'm now looking forward to reach my new target, once i get into the 70's i will then post before and after pics :)

Brilliant - thats such an achievement - well done on getting to where you are! I look forward to seeing the pics :) xxx

Hi Waana and Noor, I completely get where you're coming from! I have some photos eternally, and shamefully, etched in my brain - def those 'oh my god is that what I really look like' photos :-( Now, thanks to Exante most our recent holiday photos look not too bad at all - not quite what I want to see yet but getting there. Am actually not embarrassed to post them on FB this year!

Hiya,

Wannabeslim89, mine was a photo too...looking at it now. My smile is painted on, and my shoulders are really hunched. Just don't look happy and don't look like who 'me' is supposed to be.

I know this time is different for me, because I need to change for health reasons. Before exante, I was actually getting more and more concerned about being out of breath, not climbing the stairs as easily, and genuinely worried about how much weight my joints were having to bear. Not good.

Congratulations Noor30, sounds like you are doing amazingly well. When I read:

"at the end of the day i am doing this for me and only i can make these changes in my life." - it echoed so much for me. So true!

Buttons - I'm sure your holiday snaps look amazing, your journey is really inspiring!!

xx

Fab thread wannabe - it's really inspiring reading how other people start their journey.

My crunch moment was seeing 15 something on the scales, a full three years since I'd last seen it. No idea why seeing 13 and 14 had no such effect (apart from making me dodge the scales altogether like the ostrich I am) but something snapped at 15, and here I am! Seeing 13 on the way down is MUCH nicer - went through the 14s like a dose of salts - and I'm really positive about getting to goal. I'll be right back to Atkins after that to maintain.

Wow waterworks... 21lbs in a month - if i could do anything like that it would be fab! 15 on the scales hit me too... i think i thought 13 was big but manageable and i could diet... 14 was only a couple of pounds away from that manageable 13 and then as it gets to 14:12... 14:13.5... but 15 and i thought enough is enough... hopefully now back into 14's i wont ever see the 15 again! xxx

P.S my photo was the one to the left... no neck... :(
I thought id put it up as a reminder...
xx

Well I look forward to seeing your 'after' photo up there really soon! :bighug:

Hi Waana and Noor, I completely get where you're coming from! I have some photos eternally, and shamefully, etched in my brain - def those 'oh my god is that what I really look like' photos :-( Now, thanks to Exante most our recent holiday photos look not too bad at all - not quite what I want to see yet but getting there. Am actually not embarrassed to post them on FB this year!

I agree Button it's hard to even want to take pics family when you know you're not happy with yourself :(

My wake up call was the photo taken on my sisters engagement last Year after I saw it I felt so disgusted with myself! I just had to shift the weight their was no option for me.

I'm also on FB and have recently managed to post a photo of me and my daughter at Twycross and all my friends were amazed with my loss.

If u want I could add u on my FB?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya,

Wannabeslim89, mine was a photo too...looking at it now. My smile is painted on, and my shoulders are really hunched. Just don't look happy and don't look like who 'me' is supposed to be.

I know this time is different for me, because I need to change for health reasons. Before exante, I was actually getting more and more concerned about being out of breath, not climbing the stairs as easily, and genuinely worried about how much weight my joints were having to bear. Not good.

Congratulations Noor30, sounds like you are doing amazingly well. When I read:

"at the end of the day i am doing this for me and only i can make these changes in my life." - it echoed so much for me. So true!

Buttons - I'm sure your holiday snaps look amazing, your journey is really inspiring!!

xx

I'm glad Kate that you liked my words. To be honest it's what I've personally suffered and been through since January this year! I know just think about myself and how I can change my life for the better :)

I'm happy you are also taking this step to better your future even if its for health reasons. You've taken the first step and now it's all about YOU and no one else. You will reach your goal!!!

Brilliant - thats such an achievement - well done on getting to where you are! I look forward to seeing the pics :) xxx

I'm hoping its soon too, going on holiday next week to Cornwall and I'm already thinking of ways I can enjoy and also watch my calories!

I've taken a dreaded before 'selfie' photo!! I'm hoping this diet will rectify the back fat issue that's apparent on them :eek: Bad times!!! I'm lucky in the fact I've got slim legs but then I'm like a barrel on top, lol!! Ahh well, half way through week 1 and I'm feeling good :) x

Everyone has such an interesting story! Great reads :)

I first started Exante when it came on a voucher website and my OH mentioned it to me.. I guess it wasn't really a eureka moment as I'd known I'd needed to lose weight for a long time and I'd been very unhappy about the way I looked. Been backwards and forwards between lots of different plans/methods/classes but nothing stuck or worked well enough to hold my interest. So I thought I'd give it a go, expecting it to last the 2 weeks and nothing more.. and now here I am lol

But it really hit home for me when I got back the holiday photo's from our holiday in May, I looked like a monster. I even asked my OH, 'is that really what I looked like? Why didn't you tell me I'd gotten so huge' .. Although I'd already started my journey, that really spurred me on to stick at it, I really couldn't face another summer holiday looking that way!

You're doing brilliant Smidge87, i hope i'm able to get into my 10's by end of september!

Thanks hun, I'm sure you'll get there. Remember it's not just about he number it's how you feel :)

It's really interesting to read how everyone else had their eureka moment. I was also in denial for a long time, I've just been getting bigger and bigger over the years but somehow convincing myself I didn't look so big. I'd avoid photo's like the plague and the ones I put on fb were carefully selected and cropped. Crunch time came when I moved into my new house where the bedroom has a mirror practically across one wall. I could no longer deny my enormity. Plus the fact size 18 was starting to feel too small on me :-\ I'd end up crying every time I had to get ready to go somewhere. Enough was enough I was ready to give it my all in losing weight ( I'd been half arsed about dieting for years). I definitely came out of denial with a bang! Hopefully I never end up back there.
Well done to everyone on their motivational losses :)

:) it's so refreshing to read what feels like my own thoughts but from someone else, living with skinny friends means that no one else quite gets how depressing living in a body you don't quite know how you got can be... Xxx

Back