Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

that time changes+massive gain??

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by sunnyslim, 14 October 2011 Social URL.

1. sunnyslim

sunnyslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    I am sure there are loads of woman who have already asked this, but I couldn't find a thread from Exante. I have done a VLCD before and never had this! My period is very early, extremely heavy 'flow'...not too much detail, but enough that I am changing things twice as often as normal and a gain of 8 pounds in 3 days?!
    The weight gain I suppose could be fluid, but I have never had an issue with it before, the really heavy part though I am a bit concerned about as well as being over a week early:confused:...Does the whole cycle change for a lot of people, dates and 'flow' too, not to mention cramps which I haven't had since teenage-hood, many years since? And the weight gain so suddenly, I am back almost where I started 2 weeks ago! :eek:rather depressing to have it all at once lol :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. frenchfancy

frenchfancy Regular Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    sunnyslim any vlcd can interfere with and change your normal menstrual cycle, it does usually settle down within a couple of months, but if it is very heavy and you are worried then I would advise you to visit your GP to discuss it with him/her

4. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Everytime I start a vlcd (it's been a few times!) I get a period on about the 2nd or 3rd day and it is always way heavier than normal and I feel like I'm dying!!
    This time I got my period in the first week and it lasted 8 days and I didn't lose any weight at all.

5. Want2BeSlim

Want2BeSlim Gold Member

My period started on day 8 of starting exante TS and it's been around for 7 days now! (today is day 7 of it). It was very heavy for the first few days and the first 2 days I had mega bad cramps which I haven't had in years. I don't really know 100% if only 1 week of a VLCD could upset it that quickly, maybe it was just a coincidence. But even though my period started I still managed to lose weight in my 1st and 2nd week which I was a little shocked about because when I have done other diets before my time of the month normally made the scales go up.

6. Irishlass

Irishlass Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.49%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    I have time of the month too. It's so painful this time and very heavy. My 2nd weigh in is Monday. I doubt I lost anything. I feel to bloated. Hope it settles for us soon.

7. sunnyslim

sunnyslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Thank you for the reassurance girls, so good to know I'm not the only the one! Can but hope this dies down as we progress! x

8. christmasfairy1

christmasfairy1 Silver Member

I'm about to start exante tomorrow, and I'm now worried after reading this thread , how does a vlcd do this??? And why????
    Thanks I'n anticipation x

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It doesn't to everyone so don't worry about it

10. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    I had mine the first week and it was no different to usual, and i still lost the expected amount of weight, so try not to worry x

11. christmasfairy1

christmasfairy1 Silver Member

Can anyone tell me why these changes occur ? This diet bought mine 2 days forward and so far it's lasted 2 days longer than usual which I'm not best pleased about really
    ? A

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.