The 100lb Diary

Ah, good stuff! For the pulled pork we get the shoulder too, my hubby has said he cuts a line down the middle of the fat with a very sharp knife and then sort of flays it off to each side, but it still takes him about 10 minutes apparently...

We have done bolognese and chilli in the slow cooker, nice taste but I'm not crazy about the texture of those. We did a beef stew which was nice. I think we mostly use it for pulled pork, and we always have loaded potato skins on the side. I think there is a slow cooker thread on here somewhere which should have some ideas.

Hope you enjoy your pulled pork!

I've literally just shredded it, it's so good! I did try not to pick at it too much but I think I might have failed :oops: I was using scissors to trim the fat hah. I'm naturally clumsy and I've been a bit over cautious with knives since my partner sliced the tip of his finger off last year, I DO NOT want to do that!
I'll have a look for the slow cooker thread :) I'm sure when the novelty wears off I'll just use it once a month for pork lol but until then I'll be playing with it non stop.
Hope you're having a good day off :)

Ouch, I don't blame you being cautious! I'm not good with knives either, I leave that up to him. Yeah, having a lazy day so far, not eaten yet - I really should have something.

I got a load of meat from the butcher yesterday, they do a deal where you get 6 things for 20 quid so I need him to do a big batch cook and freeze portions for my lunches. Could have enough for 3 spaghetti bolognese, 3 chilli and maybe 4 portions of beef stew. That should keep me going for a while. Also have burgers for tonight and chicken for tomorrow.

Have a good day, and good luck for your weigh in tomorrow!

That's a really good deal, you've got loads! I'd love to go to a proper butcher rather than a supermarket. We do have one in the village but like the local shop they really inflate their prices because they're the only place for 5 miles.
Just finished my dinner, we're out tonight for one of the radio nets so I did myself an SW friendly packed lunch. Had cold tuna pasta with lightest Philadelphia& veg, fruit with quark and 3 hi-fi lights. Couldn't pick with flavours I wanted so had one of each lol but still only on 4 syns for the day.

Yeah, it's just round the corner from me too, so handy! I didn't eat anything until my dinner then I stuffed my face, burger chips and pepper sauce, was so tasty.

Hope you had a good night! Sounds like a good healthy packed lunch, I'm really having a craving for some HiFi bars now... Haha.

1.5lbs off - 25lbs in total! I am a quarter of the way to my goal :D

Ah that is fantastic, well done hoz! You must be delighted with that. It's so great to have a loss every week too, you're doing so well...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Reactions: Hoz
Been a good week so far, I wasn't too naughty over the weekend and at the minute the scales are looking favourable for Friday (2lbs down so far, might even get my 2st award if I drop another by Friday!)

Here's some food pics from the last few days -

IMAG0326.jpg IMAG0325.jpg IMAG0327.jpg IMAG0328.jpg IMAG0330.jpg IMAG0335.jpg IMAG0336.jpg IMAG0337.jpg IMAG0339.jpg

Hiya, food does look fantastic as always, fingers crossed you can get that 2 stone award this week!

I finally got back on the treadmill over the weekend, took it slow coz I need to build up again, but I did 45 mins on Saturday and 50 mins on Sunday (walking very slow). I think I need to follow you and treat myself to a new pair of trainers though, mine are getting a bit old now.

Thank you :) I've been good and got a bit more batch cooking done this week, need to make some more soup soon though - got a real thing for soup and SW chips lately. Not sure I'll get the award, I've been good etc but the scales haven't budged since Tuesday. Who knows, could get a 1lb drop by tomorrow, or even 3/4lb might get me over the line. I've had bigger surprise losses overnight before so I can keep hoping lol.

That's great that you've got back on it :D New trainers will make a big difference, I hopped on the treadmill for a little walk earlier (only 1.5k to get the step count up) and found in my normal shoes I had to walk a lot slower than I have been when I'm wearing the trainers, I doubt I could walk for long in them either.

I took a leaf from your book yesterday and treated myself to a fillet steak for dinner, it delicious! Well worth the extra money, even had some synned garlic butter with it!

Here's some pics while I'm online, I think it's safe to say I've given up writing my food diary out on here, I already log everything 3 times (once in MFP, once in my SW journal, and a diary sheet for the consultant) but I'll still do pics :)

03.05.2017.B.jpg 03.05.2017.D.jpg 03.05.2017.S.jpg 04.05.2017.B.jpg 04.05.2017.L.jpg

Haha, the fillet steak with garlic butter is definitely worth a couple of syns, sounds yummy. What is that in the 3rd pic with the HiFi bar, are they little pancakes? Looks nice whatever it is.

Still haven't got my trainers, might try to get them after work tomorrow so I can get some more walking done over the weekend.

Best of luck for weigh in, you're still looking at a decent loss either way and that award will come next week if not tomorrow...

So close! 2.5lb off today, half a pound for the 2st next week. Still really happy though :D
That's some light halloumi (hexA + 1.5 syns extra) in the 3rd pic, my favourite cheese. I don't buy it often I don't trust myself not to eat the lot!

Hi your meals look and sound lovely- I lost 3 stone last yr on sw. I have gained lbs on holiday and am looking forward to getting back to making healthy meals again. Well Done on your loss xxx

Ah, that's a fab loss, and you'll definitely get the 2 stone award next week. Halloumi looks lovely, yeah. I'm the same with cheese, love it.

Got my trainers, so no stopping me on the treadmill hopefully! Enjoy your weekend.

Hi your meals look and sound lovely- I lost 3 stone last yr on sw. I have gained lbs on holiday and am looking forward to getting back to making healthy meals again. Well Done on your loss xxx
Thank you :) I really like Slimming World, it's the first time I've tried anything like it, I've lost (and re gained!) weight before but I've always done it on my own. Well done on the 3st loss :)

Ah, that's a fab loss, and you'll definitely get the 2 stone award next week. Halloumi looks lovely, yeah. I'm the same with cheese, love it.

Got my trainers, so no stopping me on the treadmill hopefully! Enjoy your weekend.

Oh yes I'm determined to get it next week! Did 2.25k total jogging last night (with walking breaks in between!) and even managed to increase my speed by 1/2 kph, not much but still another small step in the right direction. I've been a bit slack on it the last couple of weeks so I'm pleased I managed it. Hoping to get out for the day somewhere and get a good few miles walking too today.
Glad you got your trainers :D

Well done on the jogging, and that's a good increase in the speed! It's all going in the right direction, weight going down and speed going up...

I didn't do the treadmill today, oops. Need to have a walk tomorrow for definite. To be honest I would be happy with a maintain this week, scales were showing a 1lb gain this morning, so if I can get that off by Monday I will be happy to stay the same.

Hope you enjoyed your day and got plenty of walking done!

Back