The 20£ a week challenge!!!How to do SW on 20£ a week!

Shrimpy said:
The other thing you can do is pick up meat from the "whoopsey" section where it is reduced and freeze. We bought soooo much meat last week for less than £5!

I did exactly the same! Some of it is soooo cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

cool...just been to tesco express before they closed and picked up 3 punnets of peaches for 30p in total and a loaf of bread for 10p!!

Hi Judy - Just found this thread and wondered how you've been getting on with your budgeting?

Also wanted to point you in the direction of this thread on MSE forum - 13 pages of budget recipes with many of them that could easily be converted to SW friendly. Ignore the individual pricings as the thread is 3 yrs old but the recipes are all using budget ingredients so should give you a few cheap meal ideas.

Show Jamie How To Cook On A Budget Champagne Contest - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

cool...just been to tesco express before they closed and picked up 3 punnets of peaches for 30p in total and a loaf of bread for 10p!!

I'm always sniffing about at last orders in Tesco - my sister in law calls me the 'yellow sticker stalker' :8855:

Hi Judy - Just found this thread and wondered how you've been getting on with your budgeting?

Also wanted to point you in the direction of this thread on MSE forum - 13 pages of budget recipes with many of them that could easily be converted to SW friendly. Ignore the individual pricings as the thread is 3 yrs old but the recipes are all using budget ingredients so should give you a few cheap meal ideas.

Show Jamie How To Cook On A Budget Champagne Contest - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

To be honest - I think I wouldn't have made it if money hadn't popped up from somewhere else :)

It wasn't so much the food that was the problem..there where a few other unexpected things like bus and trainfares etc that couldn't be avoided (in-laws live over the water and nan died this month..things like that..) - It already costs 10£ for a return ticket to Wallasey for two people.

Never mind - I didn't want to rely on it but I knew that money will pop up from somewhere as it always does when we are REALLY broke...and so it came...haha...I remembered that one of my friends owed my 30 quid from 3 month ago and we forgot all about it..so she gave me that money..and unexpectedly I received an early payment for an invoice I issued just a week before. Another 60 £! And Jamie got some money upfront for his work. It wasnt that much but we were able to buy food and cover any bus fares or other unexpected things.

I don't often cite the bible on forums but it seems that no matter what, you will never be short of food and have everything you need if you don't get overly anxious about it..haha...

My OH and I are on your budget permanently! I'd highly recommend the Old Style board on moneysavingexpert.com, it's full of cheap recipes.

Sharloid said:
My OH and I are on your budget permanently! I'd highly recommend the Old Style board on moneysavingexpert.com, it's full of cheap recipes.

Oh my goodness how do you manage like that permanently? I found I really hard and I am not even high maintenance...

Back