The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Good morning diary.

Confession time! Yesterday didn't go exactly to plan. It started off really well, and then by lunchtime it was a downward spiral. I was having such a crappy day and sadly I turned to junk food (including McDonalds, sweets, crisps, etc.) for comfort. I'm a massive comfort eater, as you all know, and things feel a bit tough at the moment. Work was a bit pants and I'd had a bit of a tiff with Warren, plus it's coming up a year for my Granda. Maybe even the gain had upset me more than I'd originally thought? I'm not sure, I just felt things were getting on top of me a bit. I need to draw the line (again!!) though and move on from it, I can't keep turning to food and stuffing my face with rubbish as it only makes me feel worse in the long run when I gain weight!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's my line drawn. The past is the past. Today is a new day.

Normally Tuesday would be a Fast day, but given the circumstances I feel I'd just be putting too much pressure on myself. I feel I need to focus on sticking to my TDEE first, so my Fast days this week will now be Thursday and Sunday.

Here goes nothing...

Tuesday 3rd March 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero
- Oat So Simple Caramel Porridge Pot

Lunch:
- Boots Rainbow Super Shaker Salad with Quinoa and Black Barley
- Sweet Chilli Special K Cracker Crisps
- Pineapple, Mango and Grapes
- Boots Shapers Daily Defence Still Apple & Raspberry Spring Water

Dinner:
- M&S “Balanced For You” Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork and Potato Wedges with Chipotle Coleslaw. Served with a White Crusty Roll

Other:
-

Last edited:
Hey hun,

Sounds like there's heaps going on in that poor little head of yours. It's great you're trying again today and you have a pretty yummy day planned. I know everyone's TDEE is different but looking at your food, I would have thought you would have some cals spare, so maybe you could add in a couple of snacks to help ease you back in?

xxx

Hey hun,

Sounds like there's heaps going on in that poor little head of yours. It's great you're trying again today and you have a pretty yummy day planned. I know everyone's TDEE is different but looking at your food, I would have thought you would have some cals spare, so maybe you could add in a couple of snacks to help ease you back in?

xxx

Thanks hun. My head is definitely in the shed at the moment! But I need to stop turning to food as a comfort as that only makes me feel worse in the long run.

With my eats I've got planned today, I'm on about 1,000cals. So I have about 800+ leftover. However, I may keep today a bit lower than normal (maybe 1,200 -1,400cals) in an effort to claw back a bit of damage from yesterday. Afterall, I'm still stuffed from all of the rubbish I ate then, so I probably don't need to be eating too much today anyway. I will update my diary accordingly! xxx

Sounds like you've got it all under control then honey :)

I'll be joining you fasting on Thursday so we can smash it together! xxx

I have to admit to you all that I am fighting back the urge to go out and buy a huge Greggs' baguette, crisps and a cake at lunchtime. But I will resist. I don't want this binge eating / being off plan to continue any longer. I'm trying to think of that holiday in 184days!!

You can do it hun. Focus, think positive. You have done it many times before so you know you can do it again.

What about just having the baguette?

Or swap the baguette for a sandwhich and still have the crisps?

Xx

Sorry to hear youve had a rough few days, you can deff claw it back hun think positive ...sun sea and sand! Your tea sounds yummy, fast day for me today think ite goingto be a struggle, I keep having battles in my head on reasons why I shouldnt go raid the fridge or get my creme egg out of the car lol argghh!

I have to admit to you all that I am fighting back the urge to go out and buy a huge Greggs' baguette, crisps and a cake at lunchtime. But I will resist. I don't want this binge eating / being off plan to continue any longer. I'm trying to think of that holiday in 184days!!

Could you get a low fat/calorie version somewhere else? X

Thanks ladies. I could fit the baguette and crisps ( and probably even a cake!) into my TDEE, but I'm more worried that it'll cause me to spiral out of control again. I see them as "naughty" foods, as they're not the most healthy, and I'm worried that with the way my mind works I'd end up thinking "oh well, I've had that now anyway. Might as well have 'x', 'y' or 'z' too". I'm going to have a wander down to Boots at lunchtime and see if they have any nice salads. Failing that, I'll pick up my usual M&S egg and ham salad.

I really want to keep cals lower on my non-Fast days this week if I can help it, just to do a bit of damage limitation. It was either that or a third Fast day, but I think the latter is a bit more drastic and would probably be too much pressure for myself. I feel I can probably manage the lower cal non-Fast days more easily. Well, that's the plan anyway! xxx

Morning Stevie ,
Sorry to hear your feeling abit rubbish I'm sure once you get a day on plan in the bag things will feel slightly better for you !!
184 days till your Hols just think how much you can achieve in that time you will look and feel amazing and be so proud of yourself too and it will be all down to that hard work you've put in!!
As for the greggs Id show it who's boss it won't make you feel any better as I know if it was me I'd see that as a green light to carry on being naughty for the day,
We're all here for you chick and know you will do amazing like always Xxx

Morning Stevie ,
Sorry to hear your feeling abit rubbish I'm sure once you get a day on plan in the bag things will feel slightly better for you !!
184 days till your Hols just think how much you can achieve in that time you will look and feel amazing and be so proud of yourself too and it will be all down to that hard work you've put in!!
As for the greggs Id show it who's boss it won't make you feel any better as I know if it was me I'd see that as a green light to carry on being naughty for the day,
We're all here for you chick and know you will do amazing like always Xxx

Thanks honey, you're so right. Just having a packet of low cal Special K cracker crisps to silence the crisp craving and will find myself a nice salad or something for lunch. Have to keep thinking of that holiday in September - I really don't want to look / feel the same way I did in my bikinis last year!! xxx

Thanks honey, you're so right. Just having a packet of low cal Special K cracker crisps to silence the crisp craving and will find myself a nice salad or something for lunch. Have to keep thinking of that holiday in September - I really don't want to look / feel the same way I did in my bikinis last year!! xxx
fab idea lovely stick with it today you'll be happy with yourself tomorrow ;-) Keep that bikini in your head all day today and you will do it I know you will Xxx

It's really hard to stay focused especially when everyone around you is heading for one. I went a Mexican wrap last week , which def wasn't planned because everyone else was . Well over 1000 calories later (and I held off sour cream cheese guacomole and the rice) I was so annoyed with myself . Spent the night up with gallstones going made I realised its not worth it . Doesn't make it any easier though

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It's really hard to stay focused especially when everyone around you is heading for one. I went a Mexican wrap last week , which def wasn't planned because everyone else was . Well over 1000 calories later (and I held off sour cream cheese guacomole and the rice) I was so annoyed with myself . Spent the night up with gallstones going made I realised its not worth it . Doesn't make it any easier though

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I agree, its definitely not worth it but it doesn't make it easier like you said. I wish I wasn't such a typical comfort eater - I wish I could be one of these people who struggle to eat when upset / stressed / etc. That would make losing weight so much easier lol! x

Well, I am doing better than yesterday!! Made it through both breakfast and lunch on plan! Swerved Greggs and opted for a Boots shaker salad instead - it was delicious and a surprisingly good portion!! Got some fruit in case I get a sweet craving this afternoon x

Yay you've done well so far considering what you're having to cope with, have you & Warren made up?

Ha, ha if only we were those people who couldn't eat when stressed!! Actually I was that way, the days leading up to getting married I couldn't eat for excitement, and leading up to my sister's graduation I couldn't eat because I was excited, perhaps I need excitement in my life!!!

Stay positive, you can do this x

Yay you've done well so far considering what you're having to cope with, have you & Warren made up?

Ha, ha if only we were those people who couldn't eat when stressed!! Actually I was that way, the days leading up to getting married I couldn't eat for excitement, and leading up to my sister's graduation I couldn't eat because I was excited, perhaps I need excitement in my life!!!

Stay positive, you can do this x

Still not made up. He is so pig-headed and selfish at times, he really is. And he can never admit when he is in the wrong. It's always someone elses fault, never his. He's never willing to man up and accept responsibility or change anything to resolve the problem. He is good at saying he will, but doing it is a whole different thing. Men are such a bloody nightmare at times. Really struggling today. Just want to finish work and go home to bed x

Back