The battle of the Bubble

Oh Bubble. There are such highs and lows with our kids and they certainly know how to pick their moments. I'd go into his room, away from his mate and the girls and quietly but very firmly speak about it. Tell him some of what you've said to us, including the bit about cancelling the party and stress that you mean it and now it's his choice. Also that you'd like him to think about it for ten minutes and then come and find you and say sorry. Set a time limit!
It IS a difficult time for him, he's just had the pressure of d sports and end of term stuff at school. BUT that doesn't mean he can treat you badly. You need to make him realise how much it upsets and disappoints you as, as, sorry to say there are still years of teenage testing times to come. :/
Huge hugs to you. I've been through two teenage girls, those years had a lot of tantrums but I have to say we made it through and there were a lot of high points too. Now we are very good friends as well as family (most of the time lol).
You put an awful lot in for your family, they need to learn you have your stop point too! So hope the day goes a lot better from here on.
Be strong hun, even if inside you want to scream! Xxxxx for you

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh bubble :( I'm sure they are both thankful for call you do. Mid can be a pain I'm sure! Especially showing off around friends. Can you give them both a quiet word before the parties. Offer some sort of bribery if they are good or take something away if not like TV for a well presented no cake. Bless you. Hope you feel a bit more relaxed once parties are over

Im wacked think ive made myself ill. Cant stop crying. Ive had the most amazing tantrums from my son, hes got a friend for sleepover started with he didnt get to pick what slice of cake to have, then he pushed little sister into a corner of a cabinet cos 'she was playing with his friend' then threw a paddy about not being comfy with a sleeping bag on the airbed but wouldnt go to his room in bed cos of his mate, last straw - hes wet himself and its all my fault now that his friend is still asleep in the girls room on the double airbed (hope he dont roll over to wet patch) and hes had to go back in his own bed! Im on the verge of texting mums to cancel his party today, i dont care if ive paid it can come out of his birthday money, maybe he'll learn. Or am i expecting too much from a 9yr old. I just want a bit of thanx for what i do but feel im being treated like a bit of sh**.
Olivias got a friend tonight and a makeup and photo party tomorrow hope i dont get all this crap from her or it will tipp me over the edge.

Im not being a nice mum anymore think this may be it!! Sorry for rant had to get it out...:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Bubble - just read this - and can only repeat what others have said - kids can be really ungrateful at times and I think like yours my children used to play up for me - cos I was the one there for them most of the time - my hubby used to work long hours then. I'm not saying that's right - as u say ur son needs to learn how to behave - at 9 he's capable of reading ur mood, be appreciative, show respect etc.

Around b'day time I expect he's excited - feels like he wants more attention than usual and is taking it out on u - who knows why when u do so much for all ur children. I expect u've dealt with it by now - but I agree with Cloudy that some straight talking was/is needed telling him how u feel and if necessary a punishment thrown in!

Hopefully ur little girl (who was so sweet about things when u said u hadn't had time to get her anything) will behave really well and ur faith in being a Mum will be restored!

Ur probably also v tired and ready for your hols - hope things calmed down and u enjoyed the rest of the afternoon - then pour urself a glass of wine and have a piece of cake!! Diet starts Monday!!

Night Bubble - hope ur day ended better than ur last post - hope Sunday's a good one for u xx

Hi hun..... hope your weekend picked up.... kids hey xx

Hi Hun.

Hope your weekend sorted itself out and the kids behaved themselves. Enjoy your last few hours off plan until tomorrow!

And btw, I may be sounding a bit harsh but if my child played up that much I would have canceled the party. It's horrible when a child can have you in tears! Hope you're ok. *hugs* xxx

Just popping in to say - hope ur Sunday went well and ur feeling sorted for Monday - take care xx

Bubble may some times be pooped but never popped xx

So, today has been my treat day... whoops.... posting on wrong thread lol

Last edited:
Morning all, im ready to rock and roll got food shopping coming in at 2. All naughties more or less gone. 2 weeks to lose as much as poss. This is not just a monday diet. I will win this time. Fighting talk.. hehehe. :D

Breakie: fruit yoghurt and sweet pancake.

I'll scream for help when i need it. Off to work. Have a lovely day all. Xxx

Morning all, im ready to rock and roll got food shopping coming in at 2. All naughties more or less gone. 2 weeks to lose as much as poss. This is not just a monday diet. I will win this time. Fighting talk.. hehehe. :D

Breakie: fruit yoghurt and sweet pancake.

I'll scream for help when i need it. Off to work. Have a lovely day all. Xxx

Yay - that's the spirit! Glad to hear u sounding brighter! We must be off on hols at the same time - so let's have a cracking 2 weeks!!

Back