The best advice you can get....

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Lynn_, 5 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    ....is what you can give yourself.

Imagine that its 6 months from now, you have lost the weight and reached target. You look great, you feel great, but one thing worries you. 6 months ago you were struggling, what would have happened if you made the wrong decision then? What would have happened if you just let it all get too much for you. You can go back to that time 6 months ago (ie now). What would you tell yourself?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. st.angelo

st.angelo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlite lite
    Very well said, Lynn.

A few months ago my jeans were uncomfortable and were slipping down. Sadly not because I was losing weight. They were slipping down under my big gut! I would start off by hoicking them up over my tummy (not a good look) so that they would stay in place but after a few minutes my stomach would kind of pop out over the top and I wood look 6 months pregnant (or more).

I bought a mans leather belt and used it on the smallest hole and that held my jeans in place quite nicely although the big stomach looked horrible.

Last week I had another hole put in to tighten the belt and this week I have had another hole put in which now shortens the belt by 2 inches.

I now look at my belt to spur me on and encourage me. In six months time I hope to have long thrown away the belt and will be wearing a size small ladies belt.

Your posts are extremely encouraging Lynn, thank you.

4. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's very thought provoking; I think I would tell myself to make the changes now and that I will benefit from them in the future, be happier with myself and healthier. Also to make the changes just for me and no one else.

5. SammyE

SammyE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.38%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I would simply say keep going and learn to like myself.... this time 6 months ago I was about 16 stone and if I hadnt of done something about it, in another 6 months I could have been getting close to 17 stone... but now in 6 months time I should (fingers and toes crossed) be very close to target if I just keep going.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.