The best ME I can be......

It's the weekend so that means quite a bit of wine, which is fine cause I don't really use my syns mon-fri.

Yesterday food was:

Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms, scrambled eggs ( cooked by DH so not syn free)
Lunch: ham & kidney bean salad
tea: roast chicken, new potatoes & salad

Took my son and a couple of friends to the skate park yesterday and managed to survive the kiosk. I only bought myself a coffee in the end, though I would have loved crisps and chocolate.
Took the dog for a walk while I was there so hopefully that will help.

Today's food

Breakfast: ham, mushroom & cheese omelette
Lunch: Beefy mince, new potatoes, broccoli & cheesy mashed cauliflower
Tea:..not sure

I've also had some crisps, not many though.

I'm guessing that normal service will resume on Monday..as I said I don#'t really have syns during the week and I also don't really drink during the week either.

I'm quite tired, not sure if its cause of the drop in carbs but generally I feel much better for being on the red plan. It seems to be really suiting me.

Decided on some leftover new potatoes fried up with onions, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. It was very yummy. I'm feeling a bit hungry this evening...I think I haven't drunk enough water.

Anyway heading off to bed soon to keep myself on the straight and narrow...the things we do!

A grey, overcast morning. Makes me want to stay in bed...

Feels like a 'tea drinking' day today so that's one HE a taken care of.

My daughter has GCSE's now so the next few weeks will involve a bit of ferrying around.

Today's food then:

Breakfast: boiled eggs
Lunch: taco salad with cheese
Tea: chicken & spinach curry, probably with a JP and salad

I'm going to sit down later today and do this weeks menu and shopping list so need to poke around some red recipes...

My taco salad for lunch today was really yum. I put kidney beans in it which I've not done before. I think next time I can get away with the smaller HE of kidney beans cause it really bulked it up.

I've just been writing to my Mum and Dad in Australia and I've just realised they are planning to come over about April/May next year. Obviously I had realised they were coming over but I hadn't really thought about the dates. I think it would be great to be at target for when they get here so I may need to change my goal date when I know their exact dates.

How exciting...last time I saw them was about 3 years ago and I was a full on fatty, well about the same as I am now but that the heaviest I've ever been so I can imagine it was a bit of a shock for them, though they didn't say anything...bless their hearts. It will be lovely if I can be back to normal in time for their visit.

I can't get back into exercise. I wrote on my goals for this year that I would do 30 minutes on the cross trainer everyday but I just can't seem to motivate myself. Maybe it will be easier once I start losing the weight. I'm so desperate to be under the 17 stone mark...I know I said 2lbs a week but I'd really like to get into the next stone really quickly.
What is it about losing weight that makes us so impatient...I just to be able to start noticing the difference!

Another day in this Slimming World house hold. I've got to do shopping and general housy things today.

I've decided to start the cross trainer in June. It gives me a week or so to make sure I've got the eating sorted out and takes the pressure off me feeling guilty for not doing it.

Though I watched Supersize Ambulance last night (!!!!) Oh my, that's enough to motivate me to stay on the plan...

So food today

Breakfast: boiled eggs
Lunch: Taco salad (extra portion from yesterday)
Tea: Cheesy cauliflower & bacon mash with JP & salad

Not a very good afternoon and evening yesterday. I'd love to be able to say I don't know what happened...but DH went in to work yesterday and I had the day to myself. Unfortunately in the the past that has meant doing nothing in particular and eating a load of junk food. Usually trying to fit in about 6 meals worth in before he gets home again.....secret eating, who'd have thought it.
I think it's going to take a while to get out of that but I'll keep trying..

Anyway, he's home now :)

Food for today:

Breakfast: eggs of some description..
Lunch: think I might have the cheesy cauliflower and bacon and JP I was supposed to have for tea last night
Tea: Moroccan lamb...not entirely sure what to have it with...

So, I have a plan, but it's looking a bit loose!

Not a very good afternoon and evening yesterday. I'd love to be able to say I don't know what happened...but DH went in to work yesterday and I had the day to myself. Unfortunately in the the past that has meant doing nothing in particular and eating a load of junk food. Usually trying to fit in about 6 meals worth in before he gets home again.....secret eating, who'd have thought it.
I think it's going to take a while to get out of that but I'll keep trying..

Anyway, he's home now :)

Food for today:

Breakfast: eggs of some description..
Lunch: think I might have the cheesy cauliflower and bacon and JP I was supposed to have for tea last night
Tea: Moroccan lamb...not entirely sure what to have it with...

So, I have a plan, but it's looking a bit loose!

Good Morning Mrs -just stumbled across your diary

I feel for you -:secret:the red bit above is exactly what I used to do ;). Even now when hubby is on duty I still find myself "waiting" for that old feeling to hit ...as yet I have fended it off, but its always there in the background. To start with what I used to do was to save as many of my days syns and my healthy extras "just in case"... although it doesn't help much if he has to go out unexpectedly I guess :p
All we can do is keep making little changes and keep on trying ;) Afterall we don't FAIL until we stop trying do we :clap:

I love cauli cheese -especially with broccoli, carrots and onions in :eat: -In fact I think I will have to pinch your idea for tomorrow or Friday as hubby is golfing so won't be back until late so we will be eating seperately and I have some cauli/broc that wants using :gimi: ooooh eck and I have a pack of smoked bacon open too ...oooohhh :drool:

Anyway I will get off... have a lovely day and keep up the great work!!

Bit stressful in the house this morning...money stuff..I hate it.

I've done my menu for the week and printed it off, so I don't really need to think about food now. I noticed when writing it that we are out for 3 main meals..oh well, it doesn't happen often.

One is a BBQ and I've bought steak to take so I should be ok. One is a party, so finger foods probably. I've planned a filling lunch on that day and one is Sunday lunch so I will just have to save my syns for it.

Capricorn I'm glad I'm not the only one...it's real pain and I'm not far enough along in my journey yet to be free from the feelings but the trick is to take one day at a time and not think a bad day or two writes off the whole week..
I make my cauli cheese with quark...mash up the cauliflower, dollop in some quark and my HE cheese. It's yum and can also be used instead of mashed potato...

Well weigh in day for me today and I've lost 3lbs Of course I'd love to have lost 7 but then I'm always in a hurry when I restart and then get easily disappointed.
My plan is 2lbs a week so I need to keep reminding myself that I have met and more that target...

This losing weight thing is as much about what's in your head as what you put in your mouth..

So food today:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: Tuna & salad
Tea: BBQ at a friends house. I'm taking steak and there will be salad there.

Looks safe enough...DH is home so no need to over eat!

I found out yesterday that I managed to get good enough marks on my Uni modules to transfer from the 3yr Accounting & Finance course to the 2yr fast track, which means I start Uni work again next week.
Of course we had to have a couple of glasses of red to celebrate!

I'm hoping that having to do Uni stuff will keep me on the straight and narrow eating wise but we shall see.

Morning :wavey:

:woohoo: on your loss :party0011: -and you are so right -you are ahead of your schedule :0clapper:

Well done on being fast tracked on your course too :happy096:, Im sure that with a little planning and organising of you food you will keep on track with no problem :happy036:
Enjoy the BBQ and hope you have a good day,
Here's to another good week :vibes:

Helloooo..

Well, it's been a bad eating weekend..oh well. It was always going to take a while. It's star week and a long weekend..

So, I've written a menu plan for this week and it all starts tomorrow. Back to it...

I put on a pound this week...it's a bummer but I got on the scales yesterday morning and I'd put 3lbs on so I've dropped 2 which is good. Putting all the weight back on would have been disheartening.

I need to figure out why I go on my benders with food and alcohol...and I need to get to a place where I'd rather lose weight than eat/drink the stuff that isn't ultimately helpful.

I'm away this weekend, from today and I'm not going to be particularly in control of my food. Obviously I can choose fruit between meals and I can choose how much alcohol I drink, though so hopefully that will help but main meals are being cooked by others.

I was thinking yesterday that perhaps going teetotal would be helpful but I can't imagine going away this weekend without being able to drink...I'm sure that should tell me something....I may need to think about having my syns daily instead of at the weekend....I'm just really not sure how to fix this but I'm determined to stick at it and who knows...perhaps that will be enough. Maybe eventually it will click and as I lose weight that will be the incentive I need.

I think I'm going to have to be really strict with writing down my food, especially syns but these are things to put into place on Monday when I'm back.
For the weekend I'll just have to keep an eye on my 'extras'

Anyway food for today, so far..

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms (used some frylight and milk from my allowance), banana & satsuma.

Lunch: tuna salad, satsuma and grapes.

Not sure about tea because I'm not cooking it!

I've decided to stop being so silly about fruit and add it back into my diet. I'm still not entirely sure about what healthy extras to use on a red day if I'm not really eating bread, cereal, pasta...but I'm sure I'll sort it out eventually.

Back