The 'BIG' 4 stone Challenge....Anyone can join :)

wow emmap just read the post b4 mine again and realised it was you, wow your diet is strict! good on you for doing it, i dont think i could manage a diet like that! slimming worlds easy plan is suiting me great so far. also like you iv given up the demon drink, although i do love easter and im having a lovely big egg on sunday ha ha. i havent been giving myself treats so far the easter egg will be the first treat in 4 weeks, as far as treats go on targets reached i just have an extra jaffa cake with my tea ha ha honestly this is not a stuggle i just keep telling myself that i can have a real big treat when i get half way and then when i reach my goal. it sounds kinda hard on myself but i know this is what i have to do or my treats will turn into habbits
x

your friend sounds like all the girls I used to work with, been on WW for like FOREVER, but dont educate them selves to mentally deal with their food issues, (eat 10 points mon - fri then binge drink/eat sat and sun and still expect to lose weight) I did slimming world earlier Sept last year i think. im doing this strict diet to give me a head start and boost me and then I will be going back on to slimming world (RED suits me best) x

hey there guys and girls im in for the challenge

started SW 23/03/2010

weighing 14st 3.5lbs

wk 1: -5lbs on my way..............

losing 2 to 3 lbs a week should see me at goal around my birthday 12th sept 2010

although i know the closer you get the longer it takes,and allowing for the odd weeks when you sts or god forbib gain (sshhhh)
so ive given myself a year to get to goal

so hope to hit target weigth of 10st anytime between september and march 23rd 2011

look forward to getting to know you all on our journey to healthier, happier, lifestyles! :)
Lyns

Goodluck hun, keep us posted on your journey xx

wow im really liking this group and i hope you will all accept me too??? im totally new to the whole site pretty much and would love to make friends and weight loss buddys
heres my story :wavey:
joined sw 28th feb 2010 with the starting weight of 17stone 4lbs and im currently at 16stone 1.5lbs :) im sticking to the diet religiously (easy plan) and working out in the gym and going to pool 3 times a week, i also have a little princess who is 2 in july who keeps me busy.:greenapple:
my goal is 11 stone or a very comfortable size 12 whatever comes first :fingerscrossed:
i have never been soooo determined in my life to lose the weight as i am now! i am 30 next year and this is it, now or never. i have my daughters birthday in july and i would like to be alot slimmer by then as my parents will be flying over to see us and i would really like them to see a difference. but the main reason is that i have a passion for fashion and at the moment ... well theres no passion as the clothes i want just dont suit larger ladies :cry:
im realistic, loads of people just say 'oh wear what you want' i used to be skinny in my teens! i know what suits different sizes but as i said im ganna do it THIS YEAR!!!
sorry to rant on... but needed to get it out ha ha
glad to hear from anyone who wants to chat

Welcome aboard :)

I am also 30 next year (and turning 29in a month and a half!!) i refuse to be like this then so thought this would be good for me and others

keep updating on how your getting on

x

-------------------------------------------------------------

hope everyone is well?

I have had such a manic week, Only been home an hour from the show, and feeling so tired and not happy about eating so late!

Last show day tomorrow then I have 2 weeks off so planning on a good healthy fortnight and boost some of the April weight off WHOOOOP :D

hey I think that's a nice idea.
I am interested to join.

:welcome:

what are you planning to lose by the 6th September?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Morning all :)

1st April is here, so what did everyone lose for March?

And what do you want to lose in April?

xx

I have lost 14lbs in March and want to lose at least 8lbs in April

:)

weigh in day today im hoping for 2lbs so il be down in to the 15's ahhh i hope ive done it!!!

Hello! Congrats to everyone on their March weight losses! I had my second weigh-in yesterday and lost 1 lb... I was hoping for more given it's only my 2nd week, I had been just as good if not better than the first week, AND I'm now on the Xenical! But hopefully its just my body adjusting and it will even itself out in the long run. (I've increased my Wii fit daily calory burn off goal though just in case :D!) So that brings me to 7lbs for March which I'm pleased with since I only started part way through the month. For April I'm setting the target of at least 10lbs (though really I'm hoping for a stone... eek!)
Off to update my stats! Best wishes all!
x

hey all,
March loses :- 5lbs yipee (only joined SW on 23rd)
April goal :- 8lbs

2lb a week isnt a big ask so hopefully ill get even more but hey its took 6years to put on 4st i can handle waiting for it to come back off at its own rate! (although id love it to be by 6th Sep - or by birthday, 1 week later the 12th )

good luck mums on the WI today xx

thanks very much, im always so nervous on thursdays my weigh in is not untill 6pm so ill be thinking bout it all day!! i love going to group, its sometimes my only outing all week i get all dressed up and that makes it feel even better when i lose something. you really do feel great, ive made great friends there already i defo recommend going to group every week it defo has me motivatied
xxxxxxx

Hello everyone!
Congrats on everyones losses :)

Woo a new month....hope it brings a good loss for us all!

This weekend is going to be tempting, its my birthday on saturday so am going to be going out so just gonna drink vodka and diet coke! Also no takeaway afterwords lol!!

Also got a job interview for McDonalds tomorrow (i'm a student and a job is a job! :p) and if i get it we get FREE FOOD on breaks...this could be bad lol!

xx

hi everyone i lost 1.5lbs and i am happy with that but i was really working towards 2lb to get me under the 16's and into the 15's i really dont want to be disappointed but to be honest i am.... oh well 15's here i come next week!!!

Well done on your weight losses guys! Should be proud.

Weighed myself today and have lost 5 pounds this week!

Changed my weigh in day to Friday as Thursday was pretty random. I have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks, which I think is great bearing in mind I haven't started walking yet [its constantly raining! tried to walk with an umbrella which was laughable as the wind nearly stole it from me] and just do an exercise video 2 times a week ATM. Also my TOTM carried over to this week a little [8 day cycle]. I will start to up the exercise now as it makes me feel all tingly and proud of myself. I would love a treadmill or an exercise bike but I have no money and live in my BF's parents house.

Emotionally I am very depressed at the moment :raincloud:

Stats:..........................Loss
18/03/10- 19.9.............. ~
25/03/10- 19.2 ............. -7
02/04/10- 18.11............ -5

Hello everyone!
Congrats on everyones losses :)

Woo a new month....hope it brings a good loss for us all!

This weekend is going to be tempting, its my birthday on saturday so am going to be going out so just gonna drink vodka and diet coke! Also no takeaway afterwords lol!!

Also got a job interview for McDonalds tomorrow (i'm a student and a job is a job! :p) and if i get it we get FREE FOOD on breaks...this could be bad lol!

xx

Tell me about it :( I've been unsuccessfully looking for a job at Uni all year, and now it looks like my application for a summer job hasn't yielded anything either :(. I will take anything that comes along, haha!

Well done on your weight losses guys! Should be proud.

Weighed myself today and have lost 5 pounds this week!

Changed my weigh in day to Friday as Thursday was pretty random. I have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks, which I think is great bearing in mind I haven't started walking yet [its constantly raining! tried to walk with an umbrella which was laughable as the wind nearly stole it from me] and just do an exercise video 2 times a week ATM. Also my TOTM carried over to this week a little [8 day cycle]. I will start to up the exercise now as it makes me feel all tingly and proud of myself. I would love a treadmill or an exercise bike but I have no money and live in my BF's parents house.

Emotionally I am very depressed at the moment :raincloud:

Stats:..........................Loss
18/03/10- 19.9.............. ~
25/03/10- 19.2 ............. -7
02/04/10- 18.11............ -5

Oh, sorry to hear about you feeling depressed Chillimango :( I know when I feel down I often turn to food, so I hope that's not the case for you :eek:. I also have no money for a treadmill or exercise bike, but I bought a pedometer to measure calories on my walks, and when I slim down a bit I'm gonna start swimming :). I hope you feel better soon and it's nothing too serious xxx

Thanks Karma. :) :thankyou:

Well for the first time in YEARS I haven't turned to food [aka tonnes of chocolate and coke] I have been chatting to a friend online who feels the same way as me.

I am mostly depressed about my life atm work wise. I graduated from uni last year [June] and I haven't been able to get a job in ANYTHING. So I am very down about this because I am a good worker and can pick almost anything up very quickly. SO me and my BF are both unemployed and have zero pence which is depressing as hell. We live with his parents who are very different to my parents and at a time when I desperately need support [love from my mum and dad!] they [BF's parents] constantly question when we are going to get jobs and move out :sigh:

Enough about my boring life though! :blahblah:

Thanks Karma. :) :thankyou:

Well for the first time in YEARS I haven't turned to food [aka tonnes of chocolate and coke] I have been chatting to a friend online who feels the same way as me.

I am mostly depressed about my life atm work wise. I graduated from uni last year [June] and I haven't been able to get a job in ANYTHING. So I am very down about this because I am a good worker and can pick almost anything up very quickly. SO me and my BF are both unemployed and have zero pence which is depressing as hell. We live with his parents who are very different to my parents and at a time when I desperately need support [love from my mum and dad!] they [BF's parents] constantly question when we are going to get jobs and move out :sigh:

Enough about my boring life though! :blahblah:

Hi chilli,

I am a couple of years off graduating yet but I am afraid I will end up in a similar situation - mainly because the career path I chose isn't particularly stable in the way that say, teaching or something is. In journalism you have to start at the very, very bottom and I can see myself in minimum wage jobs until I'm in my mid-20's, sadly enough :(
what was your degree in, incidentally? I'm doing English :)

My degree is in Computer Games Art, lol. Basically it trains you to model environments and characters used in games, as well as design levels etc. I would LOVE to be a level/game designer. However just like Journalism it is very hard to get into because everybody wants it and most people are talented. BAH!

Finding a job after a degree is horrible. I was very lucky to find a job and most people off my degree still haven't got a good job after nearly a year. Either that or they've only just managed to find something. Don't give up on looking for a job, something will come along eventually :)

Weigh in tomorrow, eek! Had no energy for exercise this week :mad: I have been to the gym but I just didn't feel right so didn't do much. Also been feeling a bit down because of a few things. Hoping going to see Clash of the Titans (mmmm Sam Worthington...) will cheer me up a bit :D

another 2 and a half lbs this week!! woop woop... im taking my sw weights from now on... its sooooo good to be losing again!! hope it keeps up.. coz im still 4 and a half lbs behind!!

Back