The 'BIG' 4 stone Challenge....Anyone can join :)

lost a lb :) i'm happy with that cos i havent been so good this weekend!
still determined to get this 4 stone off by sept!!

Same as me then :) And we will get this 4 stone off by Sep! :D

True. But its still frustrating when I worked so hard last week lol Oh well, just gonna try hard this week. Wanna get to a 2lb average loss each week!

Im the same, and it is very frustrating, but im sure youll be happier with next weeks WI

I've dropped 1.6 lbs this week... thankful for that as I've had a close relationship with red wine this week & my blip with pasta! Time to knuckle back down & stop these empty calories.

The 17's & a 3 stone loss are calling me!!

Well done on the 1.6 drop :)

x

Hi all, room for another one on the challenge? I just started my weight loss last week and have my first weekly weigh in tomorrow - eek! I'm going on holiday at the end of October and would like to lose around 5st by then so so 4st by the beginning of September would fit in nicely with that! At the moment I'm just trying really hard with a low fat diet and exercise (I've become addicted to the wii fit at the moment) but my doctor has also given me Xenical. I'd planned to start it this week but I'm actually losing without it at the moment (I had a sneaky peek at the scales on Sunday!) so I'll maybe hold off starting it till that inevitable plateau hits in about 5 or 6 weeks time! Congrats to everyone who's lost some lbs already (there are some amazing stories on here - really inspirational!), and good luck to everyone for the next few months of the challenge!

Hi all, room for another one on the challenge? I just started my weight loss last week and have my first weekly weigh in tomorrow - eek! I'm going on holiday at the end of October and would like to lose around 5st by then so so 4st by the beginning of September would fit in nicely with that! At the moment I'm just trying really hard with a low fat diet and exercise (I've become addicted to the wii fit at the moment) but my doctor has also given me Xenical. I'd planned to start it this week but I'm actually losing without it at the moment (I had a sneaky peek at the scales on Sunday!) so I'll maybe hold off starting it till that inevitable plateau hits in about 5 or 6 weeks time! Congrats to everyone who's lost some lbs already (there are some amazing stories on here - really inspirational!), and good luck to everyone for the next few months of the challenge!

:welcome:

Good luck with your journey Im sure you will do fab :) Going anywhere nice in Oct?

Personally with using Xenical myself I would get straight on the wagon, it can really help you so I say go for it :) makes you so conscious of what your eating that you behave alot more hee hee

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow - let us know how you get on

x

:welcome:

Good luck with your journey Im sure you will do fab :) Going anywhere nice in Oct?

Personally with using Xenical myself I would get straight on the wagon, it can really help you so I say go for it :) makes you so conscious of what your eating that you behave alot more hee hee

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow - let us know how you get on

x

Can I just ask, what is Xenical?

Can I just ask, what is Xenical?

Xenical is a blue pill prescribed from the doctors where it removes 30% of fat from food you have eaten but you can only have 5g of fat per 100g and up to 15g per meal (45g per day)

Has side effects of sudden urges for for ladies :D and is a great way to help lose weight, however, for me, I dont eat too much fat so I dont really have any side effects, but when I have slipped I soon know about it, I have been on them since last May/June but rarely take them.

They are like Alli that you can get from Boots, but are double the dose.

Thanks Nee! Am a bit aprehensive for the 'official' weigh in later as it's my first one, but looking forward to crossing some of those lbs off the list and working towards the goals! Hopefully heading somewhere sunny for my hols though nothing is officially booked yet but it's nice to have something like that to look forward to!
Having thought about the Xenical thing too, you're probably right. Why wait really? I think I've got the hang of the low fat diet so far so shouldn't be too bad on the tablets (fingers crossed!) so there's no reason really to wait when I could be shedding the lbs quicker by taking them. I'll probably start them later tonight when I get home. :D Will let you know how the weigh in goes later tonight / tomorrow.
x

Thanks Nee! Am a bit aprehensive for the 'official' weigh in later as it's my first one, but looking forward to crossing some of those lbs off the list and working towards the goals! Hopefully heading somewhere sunny for my hols though nothing is officially booked yet but it's nice to have something like that to look forward to!
Having thought about the Xenical thing too, you're probably right. Why wait really? I think I've got the hang of the low fat diet so far so shouldn't be too bad on the tablets (fingers crossed!) so there's no reason really to wait when I could be shedding the lbs quicker by taking them. I'll probably start them later tonight when I get home. :D Will let you know how the weigh in goes later tonight / tomorrow.
x

jump over to the xenical (if you have not already) section and you will get some great ideas....

Helloo :) hows everyone's week going so far? I'm actually feeling really positive this week and fighting my cravings! Been to the gym monday tues and today so far so feeling good about that, just worried about weekend as thats my biggest downfall!

well done on everyones losses so far! xx

Hurrah! Had my first proper weigh in yesterday and I lost 6lb! Hoping this week goes well too! Thanks to all for the help and encouragement this last week, and best wishes to everyone for the coming week's losses too!
x

Hi everyone can I join too please. i just pledged 1 stone for April so 4 by septmber I hope to make that too. good luck everyone

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the late reply-I actually lost this thread and it has taken me until now to find it again!

I'm not sure where I was weight wise but I lost another pound last week. Next weigh in will be on Sunday-fingers crossed it's still going ok.

Not sure what I had but it wasn't flu-thank goodness! Feeling much better now. A little sleep deprived but i'll make that up somehow!

Oooo I did Atkins a few years ago-only managed two weeks on it as I started feeling quite sick on it. Is south beach the same as low gi?

Also are you finding with pcos the weight is just so much more difficult to come off. I'm having such a bad day-just not feeling at all motivated to carry on doing this. I know i'll get over it by tomorrow but today I just feel like it's never going to go and i'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to lose this 5 stone.

I plan to win the lottery and have liposuction done!

I think i'm going to break it up like Nee. I'm going to have 'mini targets' instead of this one big one-maybe then it won't feel so daunting!

Ok mini targets-any ideas?

Maybe lose 1 stone by May? Is that ok? I'd be tempted to do it sooner but the rate the weight comes off me (1 pound a week) I think May might be realistic....any thoughts?

I think i'll set the targets to lose a stone each time.

Yeh-that's what i'll do! I still don't like it today though!

x

Have you started those blue little pills yet? good luck with them xx

Helloo :) hows everyone's week going so far? I'm actually feeling really positive this week and fighting my cravings! Been to the gym monday tues and today so far so feeling good about that, just worried about weekend as thats my biggest downfall!

well done on everyones losses so far! xx

Dont let the weekend bother you, just try and think of it as you do any other day :) but goodluck for it regardless x

Hurrah! Had my first proper weigh in yesterday and I lost 6lb! Hoping this week goes well too! Thanks to all for the help and encouragement this last week, and best wishes to everyone for the coming week's losses too!
x

Hey you! 6lbs :eek: Woooop :)

Hi everyone can I join too please. i just pledged 1 stone for April so 4 by septmber I hope to make that too. good luck everyone

Welcome :)

goodluck with the 1stone in April, keep us posted on how its going

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the late reply-I actually lost this thread and it has taken me until now to find it again!

I'm not sure where I was weight wise but I lost another pound last week. Next weigh in will be on Sunday-fingers crossed it's still going ok.

Not sure what I had but it wasn't flu-thank goodness! Feeling much better now. A little sleep deprived but i'll make that up somehow!

Oooo I did Atkins a few years ago-only managed two weeks on it as I started feeling quite sick on it. Is south beach the same as low gi?

Also are you finding with pcos the weight is just so much more difficult to come off. I'm having such a bad day-just not feeling at all motivated to carry on doing this. I know i'll get over it by tomorrow but today I just feel like it's never going to go and i'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to lose this 5 stone.

I plan to win the lottery and have liposuction done!

I think i'm going to break it up like Nee. I'm going to have 'mini targets' instead of this one big one-maybe then it won't feel so daunting!

Ok mini targets-any ideas?

Maybe lose 1 stone by May? Is that ok? I'd be tempted to do it sooner but the rate the weight comes off me (1 pound a week) I think May might be realistic....any thoughts?

I think i'll set the targets to lose a stone each time.

Yeh-that's what i'll do! I still don't like it today though!

Well done on the loss :)

Maybe push for 1 1/2-2lbs a week so hopefully you will acheive the goal. And set a mid-term goal for april so if you want to lose 14 lbs by end of May do 7 for april - approx 1.5lbs per week? then put it in your 'sig' so your tracking it

x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been pretty good, well in fact not broke to eat anything but OH wanted a chinese tonight and I had a chicken chow mein (I think its the healthiest and lowest calorie option....I hope) and have also taken my Xenical to make sure I get rid of any badness.

Hoping it doesnt affect my weigh in on Monday but have 3 days to push to sort it out .....

Hi Nee

The problem is I haven't been able to lose anything more than 1 pound a week-no matter what I do. It's actually really annoying and weird. I can have a week where eat/ drink all really healthy stuff and do my exercise and still only manage 1 pound. Then I can have a not so good week and still lose a pound!

I'm so confused-it's just weird!

If I am for 1 1/2-2 pounds a week i'll end up really disappointed that I never managed that much if that makes sense.

What's a sig?

Oooo I've never been a chinese food fan-I had a really bad experience in Nottingham once and it's put me off since! xxx

Hello all.
Good luck for the weekend Chickydee! Hope you sail through it with no major cravings!
Thanks Nee - I started the pills the other night. I've not noticed much difference yet but I've been pretty good on the fat intake and it will probably take a few days to build up in my system properly so I'll give it a wee while before I expect the world from it. :) Hope your Chinese meal doesn't make these next few days before weigh in too difficult for you!
Best wishes all!
x

in weight loss news, i got wii fit and its a lot more taxing than i imagined it to be! hehe good fun tho. x

Hi Nee

The problem is I haven't been able to lose anything more than 1 pound a week-no matter what I do. It's actually really annoying and weird. I can have a week where eat/ drink all really healthy stuff and do my exercise and still only manage 1 pound. Then I can have a not so good week and still lose a pound!

I'm so confused-it's just weird!

If I am for 1 1/2-2 pounds a week i'll end up really disappointed that I never managed that much if that makes sense.

What's a sig?

Oooo I've never been a chinese food fan-I had a really bad experience in Nottingham once and it's put me off since! xxx

Signiture is what all my targets are put in below you can access it from your user CP page/tab :)

I could do with a bad experience, luckily I have had a bad one from Indian - never to touch again hee hee

With regards your diet, 1 lb is better than gaining so its all going in the right direction, Write down everything your eating and see if you can cut any and think of different things you can do to burn abit more? Just a few ideas x

Hello all.
Good luck for the weekend Chickydee! Hope you sail through it with no major cravings!
Thanks Nee - I started the pills the other night. I've not noticed much difference yet but I've been pretty good on the fat intake and it will probably take a few days to build up in my system properly so I'll give it a wee while before I expect the world from it. :) Hope your Chinese meal doesn't make these next few days before weigh in too difficult for you!
Best wishes all!
x

Glad all is well with the Xenical :) Im thinking my chinese last night hasnt destroyed me as the side effects havent been shocking PHEW

hey all
i'm new here gonna join in this challenge so fingers crossed :D

Welcome aboard :)

in weight loss news, i got wii fit and its a lot more taxing than i imagined it to be! hehe good fun tho. x

Good for you hun, Id love a wii :(

I dug out my wii fit yesterday & did 30 mins, enjoyed it! But was very embarrassed when it said how long it was since we'd last used it!

hee hee at least your on it now :)

Had a super low cal day to make up for last night so hoping im back on track.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

x

Good Luck to everyone this week on thier wiegh ins...

im hoping to make up some of the weight loss that didnt happen over the first few weeks.
heres for a loss this week!!!! fingers crossed for everyone!

Morning all :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Weigh in tomorrow arrgghhh so want there to be a loss but not sure if I will :(

Fingers crossed

Back