The 'BIG' 4 stone Challenge....Anyone can join :)

First week over, i have lost 3lb:D...got another 4 stone and 4lb to go to get to my 9st target...

Can i be in your gang!! :wave_cry:

x

Well done on losing 3lbs thats great, and of course you can be in our gang :)

6 pounds off this week :D I might actually succeed in my first ever 'long' challenge!

Really enjoying CD Nee. I have never done it before and always said I would never do it. The reality was, I didn't think I could do it and so saying 'it isn't for me' was just hiding the thoughts of failure.

Go you, 6lbs is awesome...Im so jealous :)

So what made you go on to CD, is it via Dr's and do you have to pay loads for it?

One of my friends became a CD counsellor and I had thought about it for a long, long time (around a year). I plucked up the courage to ask her and she has been amazing. No, it isn't through my GP. If bmi is over 40, the GP has to sign to say they are aware and that the information you've given is correct (they aren't signing to give permission).

I felt I was utterly at the end of the line diet wise. I knew I couldn't face 2 years of a pound off here, a pound off there through SW etc I had tried and failed so many times. The reality of being a shade under 24 stone was just too high a mountain to climb at such a slow pace. I had even done research into gastric bands etc even though it wasn't a route I wanted to go down as the thought of surgery scared me. My options had become incredibly limited and my relationship with food was just appalling. Taking food out of the equation is giving my brain the chance to totally re-train, break old habits, analyse emotions and re-build new ways of living without food being a constant crutch.

Cost varies, I pay a shade under £40 a week. I am on soul source so the shakes, soups, bars are literally everything. I used to think that is very expensive as I don't spend that much in the supermarket. The truth was though that I conveniently 'forgot' about takeaways, stuff from the works cafe in the morning and trips to the shop across the road for lunch. I do a big shop at the beginning of the month (around £75) on OH's CC and that lasts for the month for food for him and basic veg. and toiletries. I then pay for my CD myself and I'm happy with the cost as I finally feel I like myself to invest that much for around 11 or 12 months to get to goal.

I dread to think the amount I've wasted over the years signing up for WW/SW etc online for 3 or 6 months and then fallen off the wagon within days. :eek: I even bought a batch of Alli when it came out and never took one, utter waste of over £40 :eek:

Last edited:
One of my friends became a CD counsellor and I had thought about it for a long, long time (around a year). I plucked up the courage to ask her and she has been amazing. No, it isn't through my GP. If bmi is over 40, the GP has to sign to say they are aware and that the information you've given is correct (they aren't signing to give permission).

I felt I was utterly at the end of the line diet wise. I knew I couldn't face 2 years of a pound off here, a pound off there through SW etc I had tried and failed so many times. The reality of being a shade under 24 stone was just too high a mountain to climb at such a slow pace. I had even done research into gastric bands etc even though it wasn't a route I wanted to go down as the thought of surgery scared me. My options had become incredibly limited and my relationship with food was just appalling. Taking food out of the equation is giving my brain the chance to totally re-train, break old habits, analyse emotions and re-build new ways of living without food being a constant crutch.

Cost varies, I pay a shade under £40 a week. I am on soul source so the shakes, soups, bars are literally everything. I used to think that is very expensive as I don't spend that much in the supermarket. The truth was though that I conveniently 'forgot' about takeaways, stuff from the works cafe in the morning and trips to the shop across the road for lunch. I do a big shop at the beginning of the month (around £75) on OH's CC and that lasts for the month for food for him and basic veg. and toiletries. I then pay for my CD myself and I'm happy with the cost as I finally feel I like myself to invest that much for around 11 or 12 months to get to goal.

I dread to think the amount I've wasted over the years signing up for WW/SW etc online for 3 or 6 months and then fallen off the wagon within days. :eek: I even bought a batch of Alli when it came out and never took one, utter waste of over £40 :eek:

Im so glad your getting on well with it, I personally would prefer to do the same kind of thing, I hate all the temptation all the time, but I know I couldnt afford £40 pw, If I can get help via dr's on prescription that would be so good (I am out of work, and a student) but I dont think they do it?!

I have tried everything and am so low at the moment would be nice to try something new and stop falling off the wagon it gets highly depressing after a while!!

Have you found it hard?

No, it's not available on prescription unfortunately :( I did read though that some (not sure if all) GP's will now 'prescribe' SW membership for something like 12 weeks. Might be worth doing a bit of googling to find out if you like SW?

I am stunned at how I'm finding it. I seriously thought I'd last 2 days, tops. I've tried SlimFast and Celebrity Slim and failed on both. I really think it is because there is no food allowed on soul source that I have really been able to start to break some of the habits. About 3 weeks ago I had to have a meal out in a pub. I could have a plain chicken green salad and it just meant I was doing soul source plus for that day and I was just terrified of eating. I was scared it would make me want to binge, that it would re-trigger all sorts of emotions. I really picked and played with the food but ate the lettuce and cucumber and about a third of the chicken breast. I didn't binge and I was so proud of that. I work somewhere where cakes, biscuits etc are part of the daily office life and I have said 'no' to sooooo much stuff!!

I am honestly (and rather weirdly) not finding it hard and I am bizarrely rather enjoying it. The feeling of being in ketosis is great :D

No, it's not available on prescription unfortunately :( I did read though that some (not sure if all) GP's will now 'prescribe' SW membership for something like 12 weeks. Might be worth doing a bit of googling to find out if you like SW?

I am stunned at how I'm finding it. I seriously thought I'd last 2 days, tops. I've tried SlimFast and Celebrity Slim and failed on both. I really think it is because there is no food allowed on soul source that I have really been able to start to break some of the habits. About 3 weeks ago I had to have a meal out in a pub. I could have a plain chicken green salad and it just meant I was doing soul source plus for that day and I was just terrified of eating. I was scared it would make me want to binge, that it would re-trigger all sorts of emotions. I really picked and played with the food but ate the lettuce and cucumber and about a third of the chicken breast. I didn't binge and I was so proud of that. I work somewhere where cakes, biscuits etc are part of the daily office life and I have said 'no' to sooooo much stuff!!

I am honestly (and rather weirdly) not finding it hard and I am bizarrely rather enjoying it. The feeling of being in ketosis is great :D

Thats great when you went to the pub, That would be a worry for me too, that once you eat something, that you cave in and binge on everything (im doing it today yet not officially back on my diet OOPS)

So what happens in Ketosis? what does it mean and do? how do you get into ketosis?

Sorry for all the questions :)

yes, the calorie level is very low, but the products between them have all the nutrients needed to keep the body functioning and 'fed'.

yes, the calorie level is very low, but the products between them have all the nutrients needed to keep the body functioning and 'fed'.

Well I wish you all the luck in the world, keep me posted how your getting on. I am gonna carry on with my low cals and bingeing ha ha xx

well hopefully I'll be posting here each week now to get the rest of the first 4 stone off by the end of challenge date. Fingers crossed!!

my fingers and toes are crossed for you, Im sure you can do it xx

Hiya, congrats on the losses folks! I lost 1lb this week... again not much, but it's something. I'm now down to 14st (yeay! It's taken me long enough!) now to reset the goals to 13 stone (seems to far away!) and just keep on keepin' on!
Nee, hope you start feeling better soon and are able to get back on track. I've my fingers crossed for you! :)

Hiya, congrats on the losses folks! I lost 1lb this week... again not much, but it's something. I'm now down to 14st (yeay! It's taken me long enough!) now to reset the goals to 13 stone (seems to far away!) and just keep on keepin' on!
Nee, hope you start feeling better soon and are able to get back on track. I've my fingers crossed for you! :)

Well done on the 1lb and yes a lb is a lb so YAY :0

------------------------------------------------------------

well, Im on to day 6 of being back on the diet and feeling sooooo much better for it, Im still unhappy in everything but realise having the focus on the diet does improve my mood :)

Have not exceeded more than 1200 cals each day and had some lower days which Im happy with, but I am getting alot of hunger pangs with trying to throw out my stupid habbits of temptation!

Spent alot of yesterday investigating diets as wasnt fully happy with my previous attempts and am heading towards a fibre diet, which seems to be good in many ways including weight loss.

In fact i have upped my fibre this week and have spent sooo much time on the ladies ;) that I know somethings working in my body!

I also had a look into some things about emotional eating with how to control it and there is a line right at the beginning of one site which I find very fitting ....

'Emotional eating never truly satisfies. And whether you use emotional eating to feed feelings of stress, depression, loneliness, anxiety, frustration or boredom, in the long run, it only makes matters much worse.'

Also, from a while back and speaking with my GP they agreed to low Calories with me and with the fibre diet you can have from 850-1500 calories so aiming at around 1000 so if under its ok and if over its also ok.

has anyone ever done a cereal diet for like 1-2 weeks? me and the OH are thinking about next week ordering loads of cereal to have for 2 weeks - abit like the Special K diet or whatever it is... any thoughts?

x

5 off for me, so 12 pounds to go on the challenge. I've never got this far with a forum weight loss challenge and am really pleased, I feel it's an achievement.

Nee, I've never done the Special K challenge, I guess it is similar to doing a low calorie diet for 2 weeks. I think you can do an online tracker/profile etc with Kellogs to help you.

5 off for me, so 12 pounds to go on the challenge. I've never got this far with a forum weight loss challenge and am really pleased, I feel it's an achievement.

Nee, I've never done the Special K challenge, I guess it is similar to doing a low calorie diet for 2 weeks. I think you can do an online tracker/profile etc with Kellogs to help you.

Well done on the 5lbs thats fantastic :)

yeh I might investigate Kelloggs site :)

ah sorry i could not see any of my posts so I posted the same thing twice! Sorry, such a newbie:rolleyes:

I lost half a stone in the first 2 weeks and have managed to put about 5lb back on:wave_cry::(

Can anyone advise on how to edit the ticker?? Well done on the losses all!

if you click on the ticker it will take you to the website , enter your pin and you can change the figures from there.

Keep going - you could have that 5 pounds back off again in a couple of weeks.

ah sorry i could not see any of my posts so I posted the same thing twice! Sorry, such a newbie:rolleyes:

I lost half a stone in the first 2 weeks and have managed to put about 5lb back on:wave_cry::(

Can anyone advise on how to edit the ticker?? Well done on the losses all!

Thats still a loss of 2lbs overall so still better than you was, just draw a line under it and carry on :)

xx

Hi all, another 1lb off for me... as usual, not much but at least it's consistent! Let us know how you go with the cereal diet thing Nee, I've always wondered about those. And congrats to everyone else on their losses!

Thanks White Tulip and Nee, think it is the whole half a stone back on actually so ticker stays as it is...but thank you for the support. I am right back on track and will start to take it OFF from tomorrow.

well done all on the losses x

Back