The brain does catch up you know

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by KD, 15 December 2006 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Well, it's taken a long time, but I keep looking at down at myself and accepting that I'm not overweight. In fact, I am indeed quite shocked to realise that I am quite dinky LOL

Okay...perhaps not dinky, but dinky for me:rolleyes:

I assume that my brain has now caught up.

I'm still smarting over that link Mike sent saying they might put obesity helpline numbers on the size of clothes that I sometimes still wear. I told my eldest son and he was shocked. I was quite touched...especially by the suprised look on his face. He rarely says anything about how I look, but I know that he would always tell me what he truly thinks, not what he feels I would want to hear. He thinks the idea is ridiculous :D
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    well done I was thinking to myself what if when im at my target weight I still see myself as fat, well hopefully our experience will be the same as yours...........ooooooo I do hope so !

4. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    That is a very good point. Even though I have gone down in size 26/28 to 20 top and 24 to 18 bottom, I am still buying large sized clothes. My brain has not quite caught up to calculate that information. I am finding that I'm returning or swapping clothes so frequently.
  5. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Glad to hear you are there.

I was in M& S the other night buying a pair of black work trousers. Dithering over a 22 or 24 (I was a 28-30) thinking these are never going to fit. But the 22s did. I have a pair of size 22 jeans that I had hope to be in by Christmas and they fit me fine........... but is so hard to believe.

6. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    Wow im getting excited now......oooooo to be able to walk in any store and pick something up without fretting will be so nice. There was a time when even none of the Evans clothes would fit, so bye bye shopping at milletts ....(shop to buy tents lol) and soon to be hello to any shop I choose.

7. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

The Harcombe Diet
    My brain happily accepted at first that I was slim, went around in a constant state of slimness & had to be dragged away from mirrors. But now, 8 months on, it's like I've forgotten and I think I'm fat again:rolleyes: It's when I try on small size clothes that I realise that I am still slim. Weird!
  8. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Lighter Life and now CD
    I still identify with all my fat photos even though I am 4 stone lighter and everyone keeps telling me I don't look like that anymore ! I can't see it even though I am buying smaller clothes. Hope my brain catches up but there is a lot still to lose so maybe it won't catch up until the end ! :D
  9. Biggirlsam

Biggirlsam Banned

I look in the mirror and still see Fat Sam. I wonder wether Victoria Beckham will cut the warnings out of her clothes you know the ones that say she is too thin!!!!! Omg did I read it wrong:), Yep everyone picks on fat people but what about the very very thin ladies out there?????
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.