The Bubble Has Burst!

Grandma

Totally Focused
Yesterday I was so happy! I had achieved my 4 stone off to beat my interim target a month early. There was good news about the twins who are coming home at the weekend. Life was good!

But I came down to earth with a bump when the consultants did their ward round yesterday afternoon, looked at Himself's foot and were not happy. The angioplasty he had in the leg last week has made little difference and he has to go back to surgery to remove more dead flesh - that has died since the last surgery 18 days ago. They have also warned us that they are battling to save the foot and if this doesn't work, then he will have to have his leg amputated below the knee initially, although, as the blood supply is not good, this may not be sufficient and they would then have to amputate above the knee. As you can imagine, we are both devastated as we thought it would start to heal once the angioplasty was done.

We were also told that he probably faces 6 months in hospital now! At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what they have to do so long as he comes home eventually fit and well - but the shock has really knocked us and we are both trying hard to come to terms with it. Its such a long time to be apart - especially as we spend so much time together.

Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of wheelchair pushing in the future so thank God that CD is helping me to be so much fitter!
x

hugs.gif

This is devastating news for you both...I am sending prayers that they will be able to save his foot.

Hang in there:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

So sorry to hear about your hubby. At least he is being looked after and monitored. Hopefully things will improve.

Good news about the twins, though.

Great losses again, well done. Especially with all that is going on.

Sending you a big (((((hug))))). Take care.

:grouphugg:

Hi Grandma, you are doing so well on this diet, especially with what you have going on in your life at the moment, you are an inspiration to us all.

I am sending you all my love and hugs that your husband's leg will heal, but you have the right attitude in thinking that as long as he is fit and well then come the end, that's all that matters, i know its very very hard right now and its also such a shock, but you hang in there for you both, he must be so proud of you.

xxx

Ah Grandma what a shock for you both. I really hope and pray that they can save his leg. Sending you big hugs and healing vibes to your hubby.

Take care x

So sorry to hear your news.

Sending you both big hugs and kisses, One thing you can both be gratefull for is that you have a wonderful relationship by the sounds of it and I bet your husband is so pleased to have such a wonderful wife! And a very successfull, beautiful one at that!

Hugs to you
Lou X

Thank you all so much. Your warmth and care has reduced me to tears - which isn't too difficult today! - as I so appreciate your friendship.
x

Sorry to hear your news, (((hugs)))

:gen126: Grandma, so sorry to hear that, I hope that there are improvements soon

Hx

So sorry to hear your news Grandma, I sincerely wish for all to be ok for you both and that's he's home quickly and in good health. You are such an amazing lady, so strong and focussed in a terrible situation and I hope that everything returns to normality as quickly as possible. With love and hugs to you and your husband bb xxx

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Huge Hugs Grandma. Here's praying all will be well. Hang on in there.
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

xx

You are an inspiration to keep going with all this going on in your life. So many excuses to just cave in and give up.
You are in my thoughts.
xx

:grouphugg::grouphugg:

Lots of hugs and best wishes to you and your OH
I hope they manage to save his foot and that he doesn't have a prolonged hospital stay

Look after yourself at this difficult time!

Back