The Calorie Counters chat thread

anything more than primark prices is expensive!
I think Primark has spoiled me!!

I got three pairs of cropped trousers from Primark and they were only £4 each - and that wasn't even in a sale!!! However the thing that puts me off going in there are the queues. I can only ever go in my lunch break and I refuse to spend ages queuing up

I just discovered that the Lime shop in Bradford (which used to be a Next) is now a Next Clearance! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, I love Next's jeans - the petite versions, although I am 5ft 4in, I have a long body and short squat legs, and now I can get them half-price all the time!

Hi CC-ers.

Just checking in 'officially'!

I had a fab day yesterday, which made a very welcome change. One of the best things about it was being able to wear my tight slit pencil skirt to go into town and, later, to go boogying. Isn't it wonderful when a clinging item FINALLY 'does up' again, and fits without making you look like a sack of potatoes? LOL.

There do seem to be more calorie counters around now. Perhaps they were always here, just not posting. Most people seem to be on VLCDs so are, of course, low-carbing as well. WW seems very popular, as does SW.

I don't like the Slimming Club thing. I have no transport and couldn't really afford the expense of a club. Mainly I don't fancy the public weighing because if I'd gained I simply wouldn't want to go there! I know others swear by WW etc so it's just me. Whatever works is fine.

I hope to lose another 5lb by the end of February. Here's hoping we all enjoy a decent loss.

Hi fellow counters!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I dropped that pound plus another when i weighed yesterday morning, so I'm 12 stone exactly now, only another 2 stone to go!

Went shopping yesterday, and bought some leggins! from pilot, never thought i would be able to wear them, but they looked quite nice with some knee high boots and long top, also bought boots and the zip went up my leg with only a little bit of pressure!

So, am feeling quite pleased, and motivated to continue.

had a coronation chicken baguette this morning, not sure how many cals are in that, but it was very tasty, so am going to have a low cal meal tonight, probably mushroom stir fry.

maria x

I just discovered that the Lime shop in Bradford (which used to be a Next) is now a Next Clearance! I thought I had died and gone to heaven, I love Next's jeans - the petite versions, although I am 5ft 4in, I have a long body and short squat legs, and now I can get them half-price all the time!

If you love bargains, you should come to clarks village in Street, it's a big outlet centre with tons of shops and a massive next clearance.

Mx

I had a fab day yesterday, which made a very welcome change. One of the best things about it was being able to wear my tight slit pencil skirt to go into town and, later, to go boogying. Isn't it wonderful when a clinging item FINALLY 'does up' again, and fits without making you look like a sack of potatoes? LOL.

There do seem to be more calorie counters around now. Perhaps they were always here, just not posting. Most people seem to be on VLCDs so are, of course, low-carbing as well. WW seems very popular, as does SW.

I don't like the Slimming Club thing. I have no transport and couldn't really afford the expense of a club. Mainly I don't fancy the public weighing because if I'd gained I simply wouldn't want to go there! I know others swear by WW etc so it's just me. Whatever works is fine.

I hope to lose another 5lb by the end of February. Here's hoping we all enjoy a decent loss.

Hiya, nice to have you on board, please feel free to come and keep us in check if we look like we're teetering on the edge of the calorie counting, or vice versa! Good news about the skirt, I bet you looked and felt great in it!

I agree about most people on this website being on VLCD (as was I when I first found this website). On the other website I actually feep my food diary on, anyone who dares to mention a meal replacement diet gets the evil death stare LOL so it's nice to be able to come here and not be judged.

Let us know how you're doing, I'm sure none of us here are calorie bores, but it's nice to be able to chat to someone in the same boat, and that;s what this thread is, a chat thread.

If you love bargains, you should come to clarks village in Street, it's a big outlet centre with tons of shops and a massive next clearance.

Mx

I'll have to bear that in mind next time I have plenty of money and time! (both very low at the moment)

I dropped that pound plus another when i weighed yesterday morning, so I'm 12 stone exactly now, only another 2 stone to go!

Went shopping yesterday, and bought some leggins! from pilot, never thought i would be able to wear them, but they looked quite nice with some knee high boots and long top, also bought boots and the zip went up my leg with only a little bit of pressure!

So, am feeling quite pleased, and motivated to continue.

had a coronation chicken baguette this morning, not sure how many cals are in that, but it was very tasty, so am going to have a low cal meal tonight, probably mushroom stir fry.

maria x

Well done Maria, you seem very motivated and I am sure that 2lbs will drop off. Even if it's "only" 1lb per week, that means by the summer you will be hitting yor goal, just stay motivated!!

gate crashing - you wouldnt be able to do CD sa, not made for it hun :D Think you'd get bored xxx

~still laughing at 'evil death stare'~

Good morning, all. Today is new, the week is new, both can be as we wish them to be. If things don't go to plan we can begin anew from the very next meal, rather than the next day, if that's what we should choose to do.

It's all up for grabs, friends! Go for it, best 'food' forward, sleepy tho' we are. Love and luck all round.

Today is new, the week is new, both can be as we wish them to be.

And the hour and minute are new :)

If things don't go to plan we can begin anew from the very next meal, rather than the next day, if that's what we should choose to do.

Too right! Every minute of the day and every meal is the opportunity to chose to succeed :clap:

Had a bit of a wee pig out last night, on haribo sweets and rolos, ahh well, not gonna go near the scales till thursday for my weigh in.

Have had a pack of malters chicken bites (168 cal) and a rice crispie square (108 cal) for my breakfast.

Had a spinach and pasta ready meal for lunch (296 cal) and a tiny box of mini smarties (about 90 cals).

Gonna have an omlette and salad for tea, with onion and pepper.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Maria x

Just come back from a meal with my parents, my mum and I shared a platter. Im estimating it at around 1000 cals for the food i ate because it was all fried. Ah well. I only get to see them once every 2 or 3 months, and weigh day was this morning and i lost, so might as well. Might be going out tonight too, but hopefully the dancing will help burn some off :)

That's the great thing about calorie counting, you can be flexible and it won't hurt to much, you have all the control with it. :)

Morning all - still doing well, had two really good days, I'm 269 calories under for the week now, and I hope to get to the gym tonight too (haven't been there for almost a week). I get weighed every day but only take the Friday weigh-in as my official one, anyway this morning I am 3.8lbs lower than I was last Tuesday, and 2,4lbs lower than Friday!! I hope I can really behave over the next few days!!!

Good morning!

Yeah, I hope to behave, too. Stepped up my daily exercise a bit yesterday, 'cos every little helps. Small but permanent or most-of-the-time positive changes to diet and exercise add up and are especially useful when maintaining.

Have a mean, lean day people! LOL.

Morning all,
I am a calorie counter too. I can't sleep it is 3 am and thought I'd read and post.. Have a great day sticking to your numbers everybody..

Hey, Flower.

I am a very bad sleeper so I sympathise. Funnily enough a routine of getting up early each day, and then going to bed late, seems to be helping me fall asleep more easily. I wake 2-3 times every night, usually to go to the loo! - but luckily fall back asleep again. Fewer 'sleeping hours' seem to help, too.

Sleeplessness is awful and you just want to eat.

Sleeplessness is awful and you just want to eat.

Me too. I just don't seem to need much sleep and average about 5 hours a night.

When I did Cambridge, I had to split packs into 6 meals otherwise the gaps were just too long.

I probably eat about 6-7 times a days now naturally, though it does vary

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok, went shopping this morning to try and get some wintry clothes for my long weekend in New York, most places have got their spring/summer ranges in, sooo annoying! Anyway, tried on a cord skirt in a size 14 and it fitted! So chuffed that I bought it, the last time I was a size 14 was nearly 7 years ago before I had my son, have always fluctuated between an 18-20. (this wedding dress <<<<<< is a size 20)

This is definiately gonna keep me on the straight and narrow!

Had a ham and tomato toastie on brown bread for my lunch, and will probably have a roast chicken dinner micro meal (actually a lot nicer than it sounds) for my tea.

Well done yo-yo on your loss :D, great feeling isn't it?

Maria x

Hello hello hello

I am on the good ole fashioned calorie counting too. I've tried a few diets in my twenty year quest for slimdom but nothing exteme like meal replacements as I like my food too much. :drool:

I am currently eating between 1200 and 1500 cals a day - I never eat the same amount every day as I like to keep my body and my metabolism guessing.

I also do daily exercise, nothing too knackering...I am not really a gym bunny I find it a bit tedious as I love outdoor exercising due to the varying views. At the moment I usually either walk the dogs, dance in my lounge or at a club ;)...weights in my bedroom watching Corrie and use my wonderful step which I love.

When I get to 12st I will start running...I dare not at the moment due to humongous boobs that jiggle all over the place.

Nice to meet you all btw

Boo x x x

And in reply to

1. What piece of clothing do you really want to wear when you are at your ideal wieght?

Pencil skirt, fitted blouse, wide belt and heels - I love that 40's look.

2. Do you reward yourself (not talking food here lol) for your weight loss?

Not really but when I get to goal I will be eating a full box of Thorntons choccies to myself as the ultimate treat. :D Until then I shall eat no choccie at all.

3. 'What's the worse piece of diet advice you have ever got?'

Replace sugared foods with foods that contain artifical sweetners...I would rather go without sweet foods and drinks full stop, it's scary what some of those artifical sweetners do to you.

4. What one piece of advice would you give to a person who is starting to lose weight?

If you have a bad day, don't turn it into a bad week. Get straight back on with your diet plan, don't feel bad about what you have eaten, feel good about the overall results you have/can achieve.

Boo x

Back