The Cambridge Blues

Candlewix

Down boy!
I'm having a dilemma getting my head around doing CD again. I know I will lose the weight, I know its the best quick loss regime I have found in my dieting life (and trust me its been a long one). It's just that I know sure as trees shed leaves in Winter, I could be subject to gaining it all back due to my history of emotional eating.
Here's my problem: I don't know how to allow myself to be fat in a society where fat is so stigmatized. Even though it's not true that fat people are bad/lazy/etc, I still have to live in a world that treats me that way. It's easy to say "just ignore everyone" or "don't care what they think" but that's just not practical.
So do I give up now, save myself a few/lot of ££'s and try and learn how to 'normal eat'...or do I carry on regardless. I have to change something!!!
Guess I'm just having a cold :gen125:bad day...sigh.
PS: I'm not hungry ( due to my BFF ketosis) just fed up big time!!!!

Thats such a difficult question - i guess it all boils down to why you want to lose wieght and if that reason is strong enough for you to a, do it and b, keep it off. I was reading a blog this morning which really made me think about why - i'll try and find the link - it might help. be back in a bit to add the link.

www.thedietguy.co.uk

read down a few pages and you will see a story about a woman who wanted to lose weight because she didn't want to look fat and horrible but when she had lost a few stone she lost motivation because she felt better about herself then she re-looked at why she wanted to lose it and decided she wanted to fit into a specific dress and that kept her motivated all the way there

Last edited:
i was pretty happy before i lost weight, and would never have bothered were it not for needing to get below bmi 30 for my fertility treatment. i wasn't always so confident and content, but i found the more aspects of my life i was happy with, the less i cared about my weight.

so i went from being quite lonely to having a really busy social life and loads of mates, i started dressing better (despite my weight) and getting compliments for that, and that lead to writing a really well-read style blog. and i was really lucky to meet my husband, and go from having a long, disasterous track record of spectacularly sh*t / short-lived / dysfunctional relationships to being half of one of those weird couples who are genuinely very happy and in love.

it took me decades to be happy with myself, and yeah, if someone had said they could wave a magic wand and i'd be thin, i'd have let them... but i was very happy with who i was, and despite my weight i was really happy with who i was.

Thanks @ Setas, that website is extremely helpful, just at the right time when I needed it :eek:

Thanks Spangles, I guess a lot of the time I feel pretty lonely/isolated so that's not helped my situation. It's rock and hard place. Feeling too overweight to be bothered getting an outfit, going out into the world and interacting. I am unemployed at the moment after being in a pretty full on career. I seem to have got it into my head that people will not employ me if I'm fat, I hate clothes shopping with a passion (those mirrors just reflect a person I never wanted to become), its a sruggle to find anything that looks half decent...blah, blah, blah! I'm not ranting here feeling sorry for myself, its quite nice being at home having 'me' time for the first time in years.
However I have lost the way as to how to launch myself out of this self imposed prison! I seem to think that when I get to that magic weight number, ping, a wand will be waved and Cinders will get go to the ball.
The website suggested by Setas is very good, I'm going to read on a bit more.
Other people that have successfully achieved their weight loss and maintained certainly lead the way ;)

i just looked at your weight - i thought from what you were saying that you were huge! surely you're a size 16-18?

i know weight is relative to the perception of the individual, but i'm shocked that you feel so negative about being this size. People employed me at size 24 and nearly five stone heavier (and an inch shorter) than you. All i can say is that people really won't be judging you half as harshly as you judge yourself.

be kind to yourself, kitten.

Hey candlewix.. I also agree with the rest, but I know exactly how u feel.. I was one time feeling the same, I was over weight n people would look at me n say oooh u look healthy, or oooh u have gained alot of weight n laugh out loud in my face... I wouldnt say much as half the time I felt everyone was right I was big.. I stopped going out,would not even visit my own sisters n brothers ... Id wear black pants n top 24-7 as they would make me look slim!! N then that's it I was always feelin sad n thought rite time to turn my life around ... Which is what I have done .. I'm almost at target weight !! I've got my CDC application form today, same people who would laugh at me now tell me I look 10 years younger ... N there is some people who are very jealous n still don't say anything!! My sis is 3 years younger than me a slim size 6-8 .. N these days I have people telling me we look alike n I'm getting thinner as my sis!! Today I can truly say I'm happy !! I love da new me .. It takes me 8 years back before I had kids !! I have all my lost confident back .. And I think u should not worry either .. With Cambridge u will loose ur weight .. Weather ur slim or not u will find a job or u can always become a CDC n work from home!! Never ever give up!! That's the only thing I have learnt .. It's taken me two years to succeed !! So can u Hun!! So can all of us.... Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im like you shini feel ashamed of my weight feel neglected from everyone having complication in my married relationship hubby not happy at all with my weight

i just looked at your weight - i thought from what you were saying that you were huge! surely you're a size 16-18?

i know weight is relative to the perception of the individual, but i'm shocked that you feel so negative about being this size. People employed me at size 24 and nearly five stone heavier (and an inch shorter) than you. All i can say is that people really won't be judging you half as harshly as you judge yourself.

be kind to yourself, kitten.

Oh Spangles...you make me wanna hug you :bighug:...thank you, I needed that pick me up. Feeling a bit shark poo at the moment (and that's at the bottom of the sea :p) x

Hi shini

When I grow up I wanna be like you ;)
Thanks for your reply. You are perfectly right. Our destiny is in our own hands, its up to us to take charge. Keep calm and carry on as they say.
I can't thank folk enough on this forum at times...I certainly don't feel alone x

Back