the cambridge

sammy30

hi there everyone...i started the cambridge diet three days ago and so far so good........its just the hunger that i'm finding hard......i had my first appointment weighin and weighed a very depressive 15st 6.
i really am going to try but feel i need to find some one doing this diet that i can support and get support from. the hunger really is the hardest part to this diet....when does that stop!!! boo hoo!!!
i've spent most of my life over weight, and feel its time for a change... a new me...a fresh start....i'm 30 now and don't want to live another 30 years feeling all fat and frumpy!!!!!!!!

Hi Sammy

Welcome to the forum and to CD. Well done to sticking it to day 3 so far. I'm on Day 11 and from what I understand for most people the hunger stops around day 3-5 (depending on the person). For me it was day 4.

For me personally the best way to stay focussed is to stay as positive as possible about being on the plan. Try to forget the past, your weight and shut down all those negative messages in your head "feel horrible, bloated, lazy etc) as they will just trigger "emotional hunger". Have you read thedietguy? It's a guy who did CD and his blog is great - a real help for motivation (his link is in my signature). I read it daily the first week and it really helped me focus.

Just take it hour by hour, drink your water and tell yourself you will do this and you are in control. Today and tomorrow are likely to be the hardest but the weigh in result makes you feel so great!

Gg

Hi Sammy

I am on Day 1 on CD SS, I weigh around the same as you and have a similar story! I would love to be your buddy on here as I too need a good helping of support and motivation!!

Leah x

Good luck to you both! Get through week 1 and chances are you will succeed. It;s so worth it!!

hi there, i started cd last week and was soo hungry i thought if i gave in id eat a horse but after day 3 it suddenly became easy now im on day 8 and i dont feel hungry at all, infact i have to remind myself to take a shake!! so hang in there and just keep telling yourself get to week one and see the scales move then see how i feel! i lost 9lbs in week one so now feel more motivated to do another week! small steps but all the right way.

when i think of food i tell myself ,i can have it but just not right now, il have it next month or something and walk away.. keep going xxx

Hi and welcome to the boards. I also have a very similar story to you and I'd be happy to also be your buddy. I've just restarted CD, after stopping it two weeks ago. (Was too ill to carry on at the time). So, I'm back and hoping that I will find it easier to stick to this time. Look forward to following your journey. :D

well i had my first weigh in on friday and i'm now 14st 12 how cool is that. i'm finding the diet quite easy now think i got a little routine going which is great. thanks every one for the support.......its good to know i'm not the only one going threw this lol.....well i feel fine, even tho it is only half a stone i can notice the difference already can run up the stairs now without being out of breath is good too lol.....target weight here i come........

well done thats fab!!! i bet you are really chuffed with that!!!

Well done Sammy! You must be really pleased. Do you have the spreadsheet to track your weight on etc? It's quite nice seeing the numbers change on it.

Back