The Check-in Point

Hi everyone sorry not posted been busy altho I'm on track! You all seem to be doing really well and the small challenge has worked out for us. Saturday is my tester tho! How does everyone point homemade carrot and lentil soup? Been eating loads to fill me up x

Hey! It's wicked that you're staying on track. I would point the lentils used and that's it. Carrot and stock are 0pt so you'd just need to point the grams of lentils you use.

There's only a couple of days of this mini goal left. I'm on track for a 3lb loss. Just have half a lb to go to reach it. I'm so happy I'm back into it. I needed the motivation so badly!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

So I had a weigh today, and I'm down 4lbs from the start of the challenge! I'm still not really sure when the 10th day was supposed to be, but I'm not going to grumble either way! I'm now going to go check out all of those lovely clothes I have to look forward to when I lose an extra few stones!

Hey ladies. I'm posting from the states :cool:

I also managed to lose 4 lbs before I left and really pleased with that! Well done Lorny and Lou x

No plans to be 'good' while I'm here but I I'm not going mad anyway. Chat when I return x x

So are you back yet, Hules? How was it, and more importantly, what was the damage! I'm not weighing by week, by I'm currently about 4lbs down from last time we were all on here. 15st 3.6lbs so just off my 1.5st loss!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi honey. Yup, back and 4 lbs heavier :/ I ate what my brother had and didn't over eat (except for frozen yoghurt yummy!) But they ate out or got food delivered EVERY day! It's the norm for them! I did eat some lovely stuff though.

I've made the decision not to diet, at least for a while. I'm aiming for nutritious healthy foods and am trying to curb my over eating which is the real issue. Well see how it goes. Still be popping on here though.

Well done on the losses sweetie, you're doing well now. What are you doing?

Hi. Can I join here? I know it's a funny time to start a diet, so close to crimbo, but my weight is spiralling and I've looked back at the mahoosive amount of diets I have tried and the old ww points system seemed to be the one for me so I've dug out the old books and here I am. I need to have a look at my details and amend them on here but tomorrow is the start of my new adventure. Just trying to remember off hand before I crawl into bed to read the books over, is fruit free?

Hi. Can I join here? I know it's a funny time to start a diet, so close to crimbo, but my weight is spiralling and I've looked back at the mahoosive amount of diets I have tried and the old ww points system seemed to be the one for me so I've dug out the old books and here I am. I need to have a look at my details and amend them on here but tomorrow is the start of my new adventure. Just trying to remember off hand before I crawl into bed to read the books over, is fruit free?

yeah fruits free...
have u got ur own diary?

Hi Shez. Thanks for the reply re. fruits. I couldn't remember off hand. I will be keeping a weekly diary for now until I get back into it. It has been a lot of years since I've done the diet and I now live in Spain where they don't have a lot of WW stuff but I didn't eat a lot of it before, I mainly cooked from scratch so wish me luck.

How are you doing? x

Hi Shez. Thanks for the reply re. fruits. I couldn't remember off hand. I will be keeping a weekly diary for now until I get back into it. It has been a lot of years since I've done the diet and I now live in Spain where they don't have a lot of WW stuff but I didn't eat a lot of it before, I mainly cooked from scratch so wish me luck.

How are you doing? x

just wondered as u commented on this diary n no1 has commented on it since 16th november! lol
my diary is called back on it!!!!!!!!!!
if u wanna read :)
ahhhh wow u live in spain, how lovely!!
i dont eat the ww stuff either tbh i just make sure i track everythin i eat!
any questions just ask :) x

Thank you. Wow, is it really that old? I just came across it as there is a lot of propoints forums but I tried that when it came out and gained weight :eek:.

I'll check out your diary then. I have a feeling I'll be asking a lot of questions about points in chocolate and wine over the next few weeks. x

Thank you. Wow, is it really that old? I just came across it as there is a lot of propoints forums but I tried that when it came out and gained weight :eek:.

I'll check out your diary then. I have a feeling I'll be asking a lot of questions about points in chocolate and wine over the next few weeks. x

haha no worries hun! il try my best to answer ur questions :) x

so are u not doin propoints? only just realised what u said...
ive never done old weight watchers only propoints!! "/

I'm using my old books which are a combination of 123 success and propoints Shez. I've worked out that I can have 23 points and I've decided not to use my points earned through exercise (when I eventually start some! ;) ) I've done ok this week and that's been with 2 nights out. I weigh in on Monday so fingers crossed. x

I'm using my old books which are a combination of 123 success and propoints Shez. I've worked out that I can have 23 points and I've decided not to use my points earned through exercise (when I eventually start some! ;) ) I've done ok this week and that's been with 2 nights out. I weigh in on Monday so fingers crossed. x

23 points is really low!
thought the min u could have was 25?
how have u worked that out?
n do u get 49 weeklies x

Just re-read what I wrote, I'm doing the old points system not propoints sorry. I'm allowed 23 a day plus whatever earned through exercise. My books are showing that fruit does have a points value so I am going with that. I don't like the look of propoints to be honest and the old system worked for me.

2lbs off for me this week which I am happy with considering I've had 3 lunches out including wine :). Will be glad when I can get back to normal eating though (I hardly ever eat out!) then hopefully the pounds will fall off quicker. I keep thinking I've picked the most difficult time of year to start a diet but I really needed to get started and it is making me more aware of what I'm eating.

How's everyone else doing?

Hey everyone :) I'm a newbie just starting back on vintage points today, I've done pp but it just doesn't seem to suit me so I've dug my books out for vintage points when I did it years ago. My starting weight is 14st 12.5lb and I'll wi every Friday :)

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey everyone :) I'm a newbie just starting back on vintage points today, I've done pp but it just doesn't seem to suit me so I've dug my books out for vintage points when I did it years ago. My starting weight is 14st 12.5lb and I'll wi every Friday :)

Hey Lisa (and Laney if you're still around) and welcome to the vintage board! I've been totally awol the last couple of months. I've been so fed up with dieting and rebelled a bit. Sadly as much as I hoped I could just stop dieting and try to eat healthily it's obvious that I can't! I feel huge and wouldn't be at all surprised if I was at my heaviest weight! I'll have a look tomorrow.

How are you both getting on? I didn't like pp either. I know vintage so well (done it for most of my hundreds of years of dieting) so let me know if you need any help or advice on points etc. Fruit does indeed need pointing it's only free on pp and core (no count).

Hi Hules :) I lost 2 stone on vintage points in 2005 now after 3.5 years of messing around doing pp since having my daughter I'm now about as heavy as the day I had her! Just decided to dig the old books out and go back to what I know. I started on a funny day yesterday it was hubbys bday so we had takeaway and bday cake. I went over by 17.5pts but I'm just happy I tracked it. Also going to start working out this week and do the Claire Sweeney DVD. This week is a funny week but I know if I can survive this week I can survive any week! I've got 4 weigh ins until I go away for two weeks so I'll be pleased with whatever I can achieve in that time :) So glad to find a vintage points board xxx

Hey Lisa! And welcome back, Hules! I've been awol from the site too but I've been getting on ok. It's boring without buddies though! I might weigh myself before I leave for work. I think I've put on 3lbs over Xmas but I'll have to do some damage control over the next week cuz I over ate as well as eating stuff I wouldn't dare try and point. So I might still be 3lbs up after dieting hard for the next week. But it's better than being 8lbs up, which is where I was last Xmas! I'm the lightest I've been in a year, so that's a plus however I look at it. :)

How's everyone else getting on then?

Edited to add: Hules, you're out of pm space! And I've just noticed I've lost 12% of my body weight. That's not too bad going!

Last edited:
Back