The Check-in Point

Morning :) Yesterday was hubbys birthday so I knew it wasn't going to be on plan but I wanted to track and start to help make me have the better option. The family all opted for pizza and chips but I chose to have a chicken tikka kebab instead. I went over by 17.5pts but I'm not worried cause I can pull it back. Doing well so far today and going to skip my Saturday night drink too. I'm so glad to find a vintage points thread I felt all alone lol x x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey :) Well I chose a silly day to start but it was more to make me focus on choosing better options. Yesterday was hubbys birthday so all the family had takeaway. They had pizza and chips I had Chicken tikka kebab and chips. I was over by 17.5pts but I know it would of been a lot worse if I hadn't tracked in some way. Today is a 100% day with no drinking tonight :) bring it on :) x x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi girls

I've chosen a really funny week to do this but I know it will keep me in check even if I do go over. Next weeks going to be so much easier once everyone is back in the routine. I've got another family buffet today at mine. I'm hoping to have a cheat sheet handy to keep me in line. Fingers crossed cause I'm currently on
-22 pts

Lisa x x x

Morning! I need buddies too, I definitely need company to stay focussed. I felt motivated yesterday and I had a good day. I'm on 23 points and only ate 21 that was allowing myself 3 bits of fudge (I don't eat choc so that's my Christmas treat) and some tortilla chips and dips the the hubby had opened. I nearly fell off there but managed to get myself together and counted them instead. I felt good, one day down.....

Well done Lisa! It IS an odd week but when your head is in the right place you have to go for it. Now Christmas is over there's no real reason for me not to focus as we don't really do anything else, we're not doing anything for New year. I may decorate today :) Good luck with your buffet, I find them very hard! What about planning your plate before the event so you know exactly the points and what to have. I'd plan my whole day actually. My problem with buffets is that it's all small pointed things but they add up so quickly x

Wow Lorny, that's good going hun, you really must be feeling it now! You'll be in that dress in no time. I'll have a look at my pm situation, thanks x

Keep in touch ladies, I'm feeling benefit of a little little bit of positivity already x

Just re-read what I wrote, I'm doing the old points system not propoints sorry. I'm allowed 23 a day plus whatever earned through exercise. My books are showing that fruit does have a points value so I am going with that. I don't like the look of propoints to be honest and the old system worked for me.

2lbs off for me this week which I am happy with considering I've had 3 lunches out including wine :). Will be glad when I can get back to normal eating though (I hardly ever eat out!) then hopefully the pounds will fall off quicker. I keep thinking I've picked the most difficult time of year to start a diet but I really needed to get started and it is making me more aware of what I'm eating.

How's everyone else doing?

Hey Laney, welcome to the vintage board too honey, I've just checked back at the previous message pages and realised you were also there (I know it was over a week or so ago, hopefully you're still around!?). How are you getting on hun? Did you manage over Christmas? I'm also starting back on 23 points so you've got company :)

Hey all! How is everyone getting on? I've been so busy the past couple of days that I've just been eating crap! I was doing so well then I fell off the wagon! Back on it tomorrow though, no excuses! I will be ok once I'm back at uni, but I need some damage control tomorrow I think!

Morning everyone and a happy New year!

Me too Lorny! I was a little distracted by the nibbles out new years eve but, trying to get focus back now. I'm doing my usual mix of counting points and core planning it depending on where I am. We had some sad news yesterday that's made me more than ever want to get my eating under control.

How is everyone else?

Sorry you had bad news, Hules. At least it's given you motivation as opposed to making you want to eat your emotion, which is what I do. I really need to get back on top of this, especially with a holiday in six months.

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks hun! Got a busy day today but plan to be home for meal times so should be okay (fingers crossed x).

Katniss? Annalisalud? Savinac? How's it going? Feel free to post on here, it's our daily 'meeting' board :D

Yes, please do post in here!

I have eaten crap again today, but I hate waste. I just do. So I ate it, but in effect, I wasted it as I ate it for the sake of it. However, there is no longer a scrap of bad food in my kitchen. I'm picking up an exercise bike tonight too, which I'm pretty motivated about. I've been after this one for so long as it's pretty cheap, only £50 down from £120. It's our 'January sale' one, which has been in the warehouse for about three years, but every time I try to buy it in January they can never find it! Luckily, I have a good friend from that department who fished it out for me.

In 6 months, is 50lbs doable? I've worked that out as 8lbs a month. I'll have to work my butt off, but if it's realistic, I probably could really whip myself into shape. In exactly 6 months I have my holiday, and one of my best friends has a 24" waist, and the other is just a few lbs lighter than me but has about 5" height on me, so looks great. Also, she just has a massive bust, so the weight doesn't count. So I really want to feel like I'm not the 'fat friend'.

Hey :)

I'm hoping 50lb in 6 months is doable! I'm hoping to have 56lb off in 7 months :) I've got 3 weeks till I go to Egypt for two weeks all inclusive I'm *hoping* to manage a stay the same whilst away. Lots of exercise and watching what I eat. Then looking at going away in Aug so deffo want to be at goal then.

I think I'm so fed up now of being fat I want to get back to being fab and enjoying myself without stuffing my face :) We've got this girlies 2014 is going to be our year!

Lisa x x x

Yes, that's the fighting spirit we need!

I think all inclusive is so easy to get messed up. I always said I'd not binge but did every time! But there are always activities such as aquarobics and stuff which they put on free. You just need to put in the basic groundwork before you go!

I forgot to say, do you ladies have the app? It lets you know when someone has replied to a post, meaning you don't have to keep checking to see if anything is happening. :)

I was reading posts from 2011 and I was 9st odd. It makes me quite sad that I didn't keep it up. I feel I look my best at about 10st 7lbs though, as I have a tendency to look gaunt when I lose that much. I'll be so happy just to make 11st for June though. It seems mad that it's about 4st!

Last edited:
I reckon so, but I'm not sure if I could do so much now-a-days. It all seems to have slowed down in the last couple of years (or perhaps my heart's just not been in it? I managed 2st in 3 months a few years back so I guess it's just my state of mind, I will keep cheating!). Anyways as much as I keep telling myself I don't want to diet anymore I clearly really need to as I'm not happy.

I guess it's confession time, I've actually been pretty rubbish the last few days, meals are okay, we eat pretty healthily, I just didn't point, and I have been snacking in between. We'd pretty much eaten all the food from Christmas, but then had an unexpected guest new year and got goodies in. It's the weekend, I shall weigh-in tomorrow officially, clear out the fridge and take it from there (I do like the idea a 4 week rolling plan! That could work for me.).

I love the app, I'm on it in bed now! :p, though I have found that I miss a few of the new threads on the board, you have to keep checking for them. In fact I use it more than I do the web page.

What else would peeps like to see on this board by the way? Would we like a weigh-in thread? Or do we need a challenge? Any suggestions?

Weekly weigh in thread would be pretty neat! Everyone will have their different days but watching people do well will spur us all on!

Don't worry about a bad week, Hules. I've been bad too, and even my beau has been asking me if I'd regret it. I have, but sod all I can do about it now! I'm going to weigh myself in a bit for the official post-holidays start up point. I reckon 14st 11lbs. I'll be disappointed, but if I'm even half a lb less than that I'll be happy.

I know what you mean about not really being in it. I want to lose weight so bad, but I read all this 'pro-fat' stuff, and tell myself it's for me. I'm not fat-bashing at all, but some people love it, and are happy bigger. I loved it for the food, but not how I actually felt about myself. Three stone in two months is wicked! I'd love to get that. It would be a massive boost. We are all capable of it. We just need to make sure we go all gung-ho on this thing!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning girlies :)

I've got the app on my phone and tablet lol I'm also finding doing the diary on here (dieting housewife) keeps me in check.

I've got three weeks till we go away so going to set up my plan of action! They have got a gym or I might set up some HIIT rounds that I can do in the room whilst my daughter naps.

I'm thinking stick to water through the day and vodka at night. Then think about setting up some food rules to stick to.

I would love a challenge how about one running up to easter?

Lisa x x x

Oh yeah, a challenge! I'm not good at the Easter date thing, but Easter Sunday is on April 20th. That's a bit of a way away I think, and it's easier to stray. How about we do a four week challenge, which takes us exactly to 1st February? A post-festive fat-fighting challenge!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok, Hules and I have set up a challenge thread and a general weekly weigh-in thread! Get posting, ladies!

Exactly! It all goes over the week and not the day, which allows for anything unexpected like that!

Back