The Check-in Point

That sounds really nice! I bet it tastes loads nicer than the stuff with all the preservatives too. I might do that next Thursday after work when I get my pizza cravings, which happens without fail.

Oh well indeed! We didn't have the best start to the diet last week, yet still managed really good losses. So provided we didn't go too mad this time, we should be fine. :) I was looking at some photos of where I will be staying in Gran Canaria, and it looks soooo good! I cannot wait. So that really spurred me to want to stick to the diet. All I need to do is carry on as I am, taking one day at a time.

I think the excess weight loss this week was due to not eating much on Friday, so I expect a STS this week, but that's still good going. I bought some of that blue cheese last night too, so some time this week I'm making your soup, Hules! Also having homemade pizza things too. :) I bought frozen Mediterranean veg to stick on top too. Sounds like a delicious meal!

How is everyone doing? It has got a bit quiet these past few days.

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

It does sound lovely! I'm not up to much today I don't think. I quite like days like that. Going to try NOT to snack (to excess anyway!). It is quiet!

I'm currently at work. When I'm home I need to muster some energy to go on my exercise bike, tidy my flat, and get as much of my assignment done as possible. It's going to be a long one today!

Right, so the Uni work is the priority. You need to make a start on this and get at least an hour under your belt before you do anything else - you'll feel loads better. Then you can take a break to get on your bike, it'll help you evaluate your work so far and re-organise it in your head as you cycle. You can then do a further hour. I think today tidying the flat is a delaying tactic!;)

Not too bad for me food wise but I have been munching on those little bags of yoghurt covered fruit. Lots of sugar but yumm. I'm now making a pumpkin soup from a mega pumpkin that I grew and that has sat on our windowsill for 2 months. It smells gorgeous if I do say so myself.

Also just booked tickets for my daughter and I to go and see Katy Perry in May. To say she is excited is a total understatement, I am the worlds greatest mum :cool::D, EVER! Long may it last!

Ah that sounds wicked! Something to look forward to. :)

Thanks for that, Hules, I wouldn't have thought about any of it logically and then been put off doing anything! I've just eaten two pittas with some butter as beau won't be home until half eight. I might just have dinner before him though if the pittas don't keep me going though. Don't like that I just wasted 7 points on snacking, but at least I'm pointing. I almost went and got a pasty and crisps to munch on from the petrol station. Crisis averted!

So what's for dinner? Sorry, just realised you said pumpkin soup. I've never tried pumpkin. Mum always said pumpkin pie was horrible, so I never tried it!

Last edited:
I've had pumpkin pie, it's very sweet and a bit sickly, you can't eat much. Soup was delicious. Pumpkin is very similar to butternut squash if you've had that, but more watery and less flavour. My soup had sweet potato too so it was lovely. I also put in ginger, onion, Korma paste (2?) and a tin (8 points) of light coconut milk, stock and soy. I reckon overall it's about 2 points a bowl (and it made 8 bowls). I'm set for soup for a bit anyway.

Have you started your uni work yet?

I did try to start, but it turned out I was writing about the wrong stuff. So I've sat here pretty much on a wasted evening. On a complete bummer. Didn't go over points though, woo! It's just stressing me out, big time. Some exercise would probably help me too, I might just get on the bike now at least for 15 minutes. I'm not doing work, so I might as well be productive in some other manner! That soup sounds lovely too! I might be on a soup hype this week! I'd never think to use coconut milk as an ingredient, but probably cuz I was too scared of the points! Right, that's it lady, recipe thread asap! :p

Right, well I just did 27 minutes on the bike, which was 250 calories. I'm not sure how accurate my cheap little bike is, but it got me busy for a bit!

Last edited:
Good girl! You turned it into a positive! And burned a few cals to boot. So, uni work wise, do you know what you are doing now? Can you talk it through with anyone? You really do need to get bashing on with it first thing tomorrow, I've found it's the work hanging over you that's the worst bit, once you get started you feel so much better, even you don't finish it in one go! What is it you are studying hun?

Can't be bothered to write the recipe up now (if I can work out quantities) too pooped, but may put it on tomorrow.

It's animal science. My assignment needs me to talk about adaptations of different biological systems in animals! I'm going to try talking to people at uni today about it cuz I'm cutting it too fine now- it's due Wednesday! I don't think I've ever struggled with an assignment so much. At least I had that bike ride. It Dr-stressed me at least!

Today I'm having leftover taco mince with Mediterranean veg, sweetcorn and mayo in pittas for my lunch. Sounds blimmin' delicious to me!

Your lunch sounds really nice. I could have something similar, I've got wraps in the cupboard (mind you, got a freezer full of soup too!).

I hope you get it sorted today hun x

I've now got a hen do and wedding to go to at the end of June. Very exciting, but I really want to be slimmer for that, might be the motivation I need!

Yes! Working towards the same date and the same weight! We can do this!

You're on!

I lost 2lbs this week. Considering i've had a cold and haven't been on my bike and have been munching the last of the christmas chocs i am quite pleased. Going to work harder this week. Currently making some low fat but filling soup to get me though my lunches at work. Recent discovery of how far barley goes and it's so filling!!

Hope you're all doing better then me.
annalisalud

Well done, annalisalud! 2lbs is still awesome :) I had mad weight loss this week but I know that's down to a couple of days of not eating a lot, even though I stayed in points. So I'm a bit heavier now but if I end up STS I'll be happy.

Ugh. I had that blue cheese and broccoli soup tonight and it was delicious! Absolutely loved it!

Shaking things up a little this week and trying to use my points wisely, I'm only allocating 3pts for my treat in the evening rather than the 6pts I had been having! Also alternating my breakfast and lunch so it's not always cereal and then a sandwich, I've been taking ready meals in instead! Hopefully this will stop me getting complacent with my points!! X

I always change things up. I find it gets too boring otherwise! I also knew a woman who ate the same thing everyday for two week, and lost nothing, even though she stayed in points. Once she changed her meals it started dropping off. I don't know what the science is behind that, but I didn't like the sound of it!

I had a cheeky midweek weigh yesterday and I was 4lbs heavier than Saturday. I could have cried! I've stuck to my points since Monday last week. It is either due to my battery being on low for about a month now and it's finally had enough, or it could be my overeating the weekend prior to getting on track, creeping up on me. I don't see how it would make that much difference though. Either way, batteries have now been changed and I'll check my weight this morning. If I am 4lbs heavier, it's just proof that you really can't get away with bingeing. It always comes back to bite you on the behind!

I need variety too, I think I'd struggle with shakes for just that reason. Yesterday I wrote out a list of all the meals we eat as a family and the idea being that I can just chose one off the list each day and get the stuff out of the freezer, rather than getting home and wondering what to have (meanwhile I'm sniffing round the cupboards for something to munch on).

I was actually on a bit of a downer. Since I weighed in on Friday I have really really struggled with the snacking. The Binge Monster has taken a massive bite out of my bottom! I cannot be trusted with snacks, even good low point ones as 3 snack-a-jacks, 2 bags of crisps and 2 packets of yogurt covered raisins add up! (to 10.5 points actually!!) - they went in quickly too, nom nom nom! It's not good. So I decided to weigh myself this morning, fully expecting to have put all the weight I lost this week back on, but thankfully I've only put on 3/4lb. Needless to say I will not be buying snacks that I really like this week, just cereal bars etc. that tide the hunger pangs over, but I don't fancy more than one. I'll need to get my act together as I've only 2 more days to even have STS. Why do I find this so hard?

Yup! The Broccoli and blue cheese is officially gorgeous! I'm going to defrost one to have as a mid afternoon belly filler!

Even the beau, who likes neither broccoli nor stilton, really liked it! It filled me up all evening too, which is unlike soup!

Oh man, try not to feel bad, Hules! I know snacking is hard to keep a hang of. I try to only have one box of nature valley bars in the cupboard. That way if I over eat I have no more there and nothing to snack on! I'm trying to keep my snack bingeing to a minimum too. I had a big bag of Bombay mix open and scoffed the lot the other day. I can't keep nibbley things about either!

Back