THE CHIP SHOP

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by POPPY83, 27 February 2009 Social URL.

1. POPPY83

POPPY83 Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Excercise
    The thing is that every Friday is chip night and has been for ages...well now that i am trying to lose weight am i still entitled to have a chippy from the shop? Or should i cut it down to one every 2 weeks?
    I only ever have them once a week, never more and never eat maccies or burger king or anything like that - does that make it okay?

Also what would be the best thing to eat from a chip shop?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    it really depends what diet you are folllowing. i personally have some sort of takeaway about once a week as a bit or a treat and dont think it does any harm as long as you are 'good' the rest of the week.

4. POPPY83

POPPY83 Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Excercise
    I'm not following any special diet.
    I'm cutting down on junk food and going to the gym but i was think that once week wouldnt matter.

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    absolutely not, woman cannot live on lettuce alone !!

6. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I walk past a chippie every day on the way back from work. It's soooo tempting but I usually resist. I think if you're eating out you can still be good as long as you choose wisely. It's more difficult in a chip shop though, especially in Scotland cos they deep fry everything from pies to pizzas!!

7. Too Heavy Hannah

Too Heavy Hannah Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I live 2 doors away from a chip shop, was so hard when I first started the diet!! But I don't miss them now....I do have a weekly treat though, I go to a cafe for a great big breakfast every saturday morning! So once a week shouldn't hurt :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.