The cottage pie...

Anyone else find the cottage pie ridiculously salty? Feel a bit sick after it, and as if i've pored salt on my tongue.
This is day one, so my first hot meal. Are they all like this?

I found the "food" really salty at first. I don't normally put any salt in food when I cook. But you do get used to it, so persevere. It's probably in there to give a balance diet and to prevent cramps, and make you feel thirsty so you drink even more water! I'm just about to finish week 3 and don't notice the salt anymore. Good luck, stick with it and you will lose :-D

Thank you, i'm so glad you've said that!

I'm on day 3 now and will stick with it. Had the carbonara and some porridge yesterday and they were both so salty and vile.

But, had the spaghetti today and it was nice....so am hopeful, perhaps my taste buds are adjusting to the salt.

Wierd! I guess it could depend on how much salt you normally eat? I didn't tend to add salt to my food before, so maybe that's why everything tastes sooo salty?

Or maybe the packs vary?!

Hello all. I haven't tried the cottage pie yet. Will try it tomorrow. I'm only on day 3 but I've found that the porridge is a little salty. I agree though that maybe it helps add to the balanced diet bit and helps you drink more. Also, I think the Thai chicken soup with a little bit of cayenne pepper in is lovely.

Hello all. I haven't tried the cottage pie yet. Will try it tomorrow. I'm only on day 3 but I've found that the porridge is a little salty. I agree though that maybe it helps add to the balanced diet bit and helps you drink more. Also, I think the Thai chicken soup with a little bit of cayenne pepper in is lovely.

How did you get on with the cottage pie, I usually add a load of dried mint to mine to make it taste better

Ooh that's a good idea! Thank you. I tried it tonight but I don't think I got the consistency quite right and it looked like baby food. I'm going to try the chilli tomorrow. Any tips?

Current weight - 12 stone 7
Target weight - 8 stone 7
Target date - 9th October

Day 2 of my journey.....going ok, although im finding the water consumption hard going

im tired now and am going to bed as I have a 6am start in the morning...will log in after work and update my diary

XXXXXXXXXXXX:p

Pick out the kidney beans and pre soak them or pick them out and throw them away, mine came out like bullets when they were cooked according to the pack the rest of it is yum though. X

Mine were grand. If you leave it to soak for about five to seven mins in boiling water rather than the two that it states then they soften up well. The cottage pie is like baby food, you got it right lol. It's disgusting. I love mint though! So that's an idea ill definitely try to get rid of these packets! Put mint in everything he he. Has anyone any other tips for stuff to add to the meal packs to hide the horrible taste?

I've just had a mushroom soup. I added some hot chilli powder to the powder before the water. It was actually really nice! Had a good kick to it!

Back