The danger zone

it's breakfeast, lunch and dinner down here, except on sunday, when the assumpton is that you'll be having a dinner in the middle of the day and a small tea in the evening.

'im gonna see me arse in a minute'
ah yes "Rushing around like a blue arse flea"

It's Breakfast, Luncheon and Dinner here, but we are posh in our household. ;)

Oh and afternoon tea, with cucumber sandwiches.

Defo not posh in my household of er me! lol.. breakfast dinner n tea all the way... most of my family say breakfast lunch n dinner but i think the forces years were spent with mostly northerners who reinforced my version.. the way i see it is that you had dinner ladies at school, not lunch ladies.. :) hehe.. we should start a new thread here for Off the Topic chit chat..

'see me arse' meant to me 'kick off', 'get in a mardy'.. lol..

I'm glad you explained, I wasn't 100% sure!

and Jim, we have blue arsed fly, and 'dont know my ar5e from my elbow'

Kent and Essex are only separated by the Thames and the accent is similar but sometimes the attitude isn't! My OH works in the city and when they go for drinks after work they take the mick out of him for pronouncing th's as f's or v's. Fanks, nuffin, burga wiv chips.

The Brummies certainly think I speak strangely, and that's after nearly 15 years of living here.

anyone for tiffin?

Taffled?

Where you from originally Jim?

Tiffin = Lunch

I'm not from anywhere Jar, army brat and soldier mainly since. :D

I have a similar thing Laura. I've been told I speak quite well and that people don't think I'm from round here.

Do you remember any of the weird words from school? I think they were quite local to Essex.

Back