The danger zone

I started on Mainframes at Uni back in '67 and have worked with mainframes, mini's and finally PC's and servers ever since, apart from a 3 year gap whilst I was with 2 Para. :D

Last edited:
'67????!!!! Good grief I didn't know they had them then, apart from NASA & the like! Show's how little I know about computers, history...mmmm....everything, lol!
xxxxxsharon
ps Any ideas about snacks? My recipe book has loads of complicated recipes involving a broiler (whatever that is!) or loads of ingredients. I've had a cheese omlette for brecky, a protein shake for lunch, prawn curry & cauliflower will be dinner around 6 but I'm 'snacky' now.

I'm fairly sure broiler is the american word for grill as in under a grill, not bbq - does that sound about right for the recipes?

Hey there weren't really any pcs around when I was at school, (left in '81) just a couple of HUGE box thingies that the science dept used! So Jim if you're an old fart I'm even older or fartier, lol!
xxxxxsharon

Only the year I was born, so not TOO bad!lol

I started on Mainframes at Uni back in '67 and have worked with mainframes, mini's and finally PC's and servers ever since, apart from a 3 year gap whilst I was with 21 Para. :D

'67 was 4 years after my mom was born...so the title of Old Fart must go to you MC Jimbo!lol

I rather think I should claim that title if such an exalted position can be held by a mere woman....
Emote_Fart_Rainbow_by_MixedMilkChOcOlate.gif

Depends what you feel your qualifications for such a position are wrinkly???lol

Right, I thought a broiler was some kind of steamer....m ignorance it seems, is ENDLESS, lol!!!
xxxxxxsharon
ps had a tsp of sugar free peanut butter & marscapone mixed together mmmmm not that I will be doing it very often, I've a feeling it can't be good on Atkins (though it was allowed on IPD)

I'm still confused after reading the article Sharon. LOL.

wikipedia says americans say grill but we think bbq, they say broil an we say grill.
Americans grill over heat and broil under it - make sense?

LOL, if you say so Jar. I believe you love.

Tomayto, tomarto, lets call the whole thing off!

LOL OK, but is it hood or bonnet I'd like to know.

and suspenders and braces?

LOL just putting in my 2 cents from an american, when we say BBQ we actually mean grill. When we say let's have a BBQ, it means getting the grill out and etc.. making hamburgers, hotdogs and etc.. broil is actually when you put it in the oven..

I love BBQing but living here in Italy I dont have a backyard, which I miss so much in the USA my big back yard , so I broil a lot or I have a grill pan that you can use on top of the stove burners..

LOL what we would call mens braces they call suspenders I think, I have no idea what the call women's suspenders though.

Morenachica could help us out no doubt. :D

You are right about the suspenders and braces in regards to men..

what about torch and flashlight that was one that threw me... how did we turn to brit and amer english phrases and terms LOL

Well threads do wander around occasionally, so what are women's suspenders in the US then love?

Back