The danger zone

New job, new you hooya. That's nice.

congrats hooya on the new job..

thanks for the confidence boost bad jar.. well I've just weighed my self and.. drum roll.... I've lost 2 pounds :) so I'm happy and my TOM is due this week so I just knew I wouldn't lose a pound.. I know with TOM coming this week the scales will go up I gain water weight and
alot at least 5 pounds.

Fantastic morenachica, well done! 2lb is great! :D:D:D

Thanks for all the new job congrats. I really do like the idea that a couple of months ago, I said right, I'm not happy with my body and I'm a bit bored in my job... so I got a new job and have already shifted 10lb! Jim, you're right, it does feel like a new me!

I just love to hear stuff like this Hooya. I'm well pleased, makes my day.

and morenachica, you doubter you. LOL. LMAO.

I just love to hear stuff like this Hooya. I'm well pleased, makes my day.

and morenachica, you doubter you. LOL. LMAO.

LOL Jim I was doubting a bit :D I knew I hadn't lost a thing but maybe gained a pound or two. No more scale for me until next tuesday once TOM is over and etc..

Am I really 153 now :eek:.. this diet rocks !

LOL yes love, well on your way now.

Well done on losses and on your new job hooya!!

You girls made me laugh in this, as I have wanted cereals soooo badly this week. It is the first time I have had a craving for something I cannot have. I look longingly at weetabix and muesli. Would love some drenched in ice cold milk (I sound like an advert now)....Was funny to see it is not just me lol

lol...it must be a 'low carb thing'....unless Jim tells us he never craved cereal lol

i almost cried this afternoon! visited tescos and went via the cereal isle to get to the checkout - big mistake! they had my favourite dorset cereal on offer!! gutted.. :(

Oh dear, this is turning into a "longing" thread.

yes I did, I craved everything with carbs in for a long time. But, you know, whenever I collapsed and gave in, it didn't taste as good as I thought it would. Once a dish of super sweet muesli actually made me sick, and I mean physically sick. :sigh:

The worry is that I find it harder to motivate myself if I don't lose - I might just think 'oh well, it's not working, might as well just eat!'

Oh man, that is so familiar to me! That psychology is the reason why so many other diet plans (well, low fat, low cal and healthy eating) didn't work for me in the past. If I had a bad week, I would just think "Oh to HELL with it" and pig out!

I think for people who have that mindset, Atkins is a godsend. I find it so much easier to completely cut out certain foods than to eat everything in moderation. And if I have a bad week (which if I'm honest only ever means STS, so not really 'bad' per se), the rules don't change. I just think of the good weeks, and know that if I stick with it it WILL work eventually.

I have decided not to give in to this cereal want. It is the only thing I have craved, and I can beat it lol.

I don't want muesli to make me sick either :( lol

That was an achievement!!! I bought a ham sandwich the other week. It was made on crusty bread. I felt smug when I ate the ham and salad off it and threw the bread away lol

I like the idea of grabbing your love handles. I am going to try that one lol

Love Handles, LMAO!

LOL. Said that to my OH last night - I want to pinch an inch, not grab a slab!

lol!! I like that one bad jar!

LMAO, love handles are cute in women.

Back