The diary of a lazy writer with newly acquired workout DVDs

I just looked at your blog, you look great in that photo. I think you've reached a plateau but if you just stick with it and keep challenging yourself, you'll start losing again. As for your boyfriend, you shouldn't let that get in the way of your dieting. Just because he can eat what he wants doesn't mean you should feel disheartened. Whether junk food makes someone put on weight or not, it's still not good for them and will have other adverse affects on their health. You are on your own path. You can do it!

My whole life has been a plateau! I'm trying to kickstart my body by eating less carbs and more protein. Let's see how that goes for a while. I thought that with all this exercise I'd at least be losing something a week! Not putting it on!

I'm in the same situation at the moment, doing loads of exercise, eating well and still mysteriously either sts or putting it on. A wise friend of mine mentioned that it could be muscle gain (which is heavy) and that measurements might start changing.

You never know, it could just all drop off at once, it could be that your body is holding water or something. But don't give up ducks, you'll get there!

If you have to just stop eating with your bf, just eat separate meals alone, it's a bit rubbish and not very social, but you have to concentrate on yourself for a while to get through this, so if that's what it takes, maybe it'll be worth it.

Best wishes.

Was just talking to my boss about my food and that I was going to a PT. He said 'it's working'. Yay.

I'm almost at my lowest weight since I started losing. How in hell did I manage to put on a stone? But 3lbs to go and I'll be back to 208 and I'll be able to continue with the exciting bit of the weight loss journey for realz!

And now I'm going to book a badminton court.

I'm lighter, happier and a bit fitter.

The PT sessions are getting harder. It's as if Dale was only easing me into exercise in the first few sessions. Last week was so difficult. Did a fair bit of weight stuff and as a result my forearms and biceps are on fire.

I'm hoping to run off that pain tonight. Just a mile, as usual but hopefully I'll be able to try some longer runs next week. I've also been doing a little of the 30 Day Shred and some Yogalates here and there.

I'm 208lbs! Officially in the 14s. I got down to this weight very briefly before falling off the wagon so the next weight I lose is going to feel amazing. Here's to being the lightest I've even been in my adult life!

Woah, no update for a while. I've lost two stone since my last post here! All thanks to my PT, who has no doubt lengthened my life considerably.

I can now run 3k without stopping. I can climb trees, lift more weights and walk for ages.

I've passed my big plateau at around 180lbs. Now to get to under 168 with is in the 11 stone range!!

I've been crap at keeping this up to date but I'm 174lbs and have had to cancel the PT sessions for the time. I've recently gone self employed as a writer and that means I can't really afford the extra expenditure of a personal trainer. God I miss him. I feel like a little part of my life is missing.

Boyf has offered to pay for my session for now. I might accept. I can't lose weight on my own!

Back