The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Breakfast:
Banana, Activia snackpot
3 x coffee with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
LOADS of spinach leaves, baby tomatoes and cucumber with a small jacket potato and some giant couscous, plus approx 1tbsp Peri Peri sauce (1/2 syn)

No idea what I'll do for supper, but I am heading to the supermarket so will probably end up with some salmon and make something from the Wagamama cookbook. Yay!

Hiya hun, glad things are a bit calmer on the work front at the moment!! I've got the Wagamama cookbook and the noodles one too!! I really must put them to more use actually!! There are some great SW compatible recipes aren't there!! Let me know what you do and your verdict! You may inspire me!!X

Hope your wagamama's meal was yummy!

Thanks! So, last night I found that I need to do a specific shop for some of the oriental ingredients. Think I may head to Wing Yip tomorrow to stock up! Instead, it was more a Wagamama's inspired supper: salmon baked with a glaze of Ginger, garlic and fish sauce with a little brown sugar. Served with steamed Udon noodles, sugar snap peas and mange tout. * week as of today and feeling a little grotty today.

Breakfast:
Sliced pineapple, melon and mango
One coffee with whole milk and sugar (est 3 syns)

Lunch:
Mini sushi rolls from Marks & Spencer - £1 at the gas station!

Supper:
Spaghetti bolognese made with loads of peppers, onions, tomatoes and diced carrots (will serve mine with either steamed veg or cucumber on the side).

Tomorrow I'm making Thai green curry which everyone at home LOVES. Loads of green peppers and onion, with some chicken pieces, light coconut milk, stock and my home made Thai curry paste. Served with sticky rice. Nom!

Hope everyone has had a great day! Xx

Am posting the syn-free pancake recipe I use. It's a typical Indian recipe and in parts of southern India they eat it like bread.

100g basmati rice
50g split black lentils
180ml cold water
Pinch of salt

Soak rice and lentils overnight. Drain and blend the rice and lentils in a food processor and add enough water to make a smooth batter that has a consistency similar to double cream. Add salt and allow the batter to ferment in a warm place for about 4 hours. It should go frothy. Heat oil/frylight in a non-stick frying pan and from a ladle put in enough to cover the bottom. Smooth it if you need to. Once the underside goes golden and is slightly crispy, (it should no longer stick) turn it over and cook until golden.

I'll post the scan bran recipes over the weekend. Though have you seen the diet coke chicken recipe knocking about.....?

Its on the recipe forum. I'm planning on trying it this week, it sounds quite good. Pre SW I did ham in coke (Nigella) for Christmas and it was lush.

That pancake recipe sounds great Little Sausage - is it definately syn free? I miss bread soooooo much :rolleyes: I haven't seen black spilt lentils about either, must have a proper look. That salmon you made sounds gorgeous.

Thanks Red! Salmon was lovely. Bought some more today, so will have a good think about what I can do with it spice-wise!

Recipe for pancakes is definitely free. Just rice and lentils! Originally it calls for oil to cook it in. I get my black lentils from a small Asian supermarket, but will be trying it with standard ones from Asda during the week! X

Just been having a quick read of your thread and you're doing so well :D We are around the same measurements and began around the same time, it's nice to find someone who knows what you're going through and can relate to your situation :)

Well done hun and good luck for the rest of your journey! :D

Well, feeling totally grotty what with it being * week. Very uncomfortable and really bad pain. Eugh.

Breakfast:
2 coffees with whole milk and sugar (HEa + 3 syns)
Sugar in milky coffee is my weekend treat and it's not something I feel bad about!

Lunch:
Nada. Feeling rough and have been cooking which doesn't make me feel hungry.

Snack: square of chocolate aubergine cake (5.7 syns)

Supper:
Thai green curry with loads of green peppers on the hob. Will work out syns for the light coconut milk when I know how many servings it will make. Have quite a big batch reducing at the mo. Will serve with sticky rice (my favourite!) and some green beans.
Hmmm. Was definitely not as nice as last time. In my haste I didn't bother to chop the lemongrass before putting it in the food processor which left it a little more fibrous than I would have liked. Also, the coconut milk split which has never happened before. Granted, I've never used light coconut milk before. I worked it out a being about 5 syns per serving (overestimating here) and would much rather have to count the extra syns and have the full fat stuff. Never mind. Hifi bar later on in the evening, so that's my HEb.

Total syns: 13.7

Also, I have Harry Eastwood's aubergine chocolate cake in the oven! Again, will work out the syns once I've sliced it later. The syns come from a little flour, (I used flour instead of the ground almonds) honey and dark chocolate. I really hope it works out well - it has rave reviews, and it smells delicious!

Last edited:
Wow little sausage will you post a pic if you take one? And also the syns breakdown? Thankyou chicken! And your sticky rice recipe please? Fank yoo!!!! I made your butterbean dip last night by the way, lovely! I think I used too much stock though. AND I love the sound of your rice lentil things! X

Hey Jules. No recipe for the sticky rice, it's just sushi rice!
As for the cake, I have just tried it and really like it! The recipe calls for 50g cocoa powder, which I forgot somehow! I also had more aubergine than the recipe called for, so it was less cakey than it should be, I think. Anyway, it was really good! My mum says it would be really good with a little dollop of mascarpone.

Here's my breakdown of syns:
300g dark chocolate - 80 syns
60g flour - 11 syns
200g honey (I made this 7tbsp) - 21 syns
2tsp baking powder - 2 syns
Total: 114 syns

I cut it in to 20 brownie-sized bits and make that 5.7 syns per square. I'll definitely be trying it again - and altering the ingredients. I think I'll definitely not forget the cocoa powder, and will probably increase it so that I can decrease the chocolate used. I'll also try substituting some of the honey for some sweetener. This will definitely be an ongoing project, as I think it could be a really good, lower syn treat. It's really chocolatey without being cloyingly rich. The pics don't do it justice, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Attachments

• image-1519220901.jpg
    image-1519220901.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image-3173304563.jpg
    image-3173304563.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 52
Tonight's Thai green curry! Loads of green peppers and fine green beans. Shame that I didn't bother to chop my lemongrass before putting in the food processor this time. It wasn't fine enough and was quite fibrous. I will definitely use my first method next time.

Slightly nervous about tomorrow's weigh in after such a good result last week. Have been totally on plan all week, so should be ok, but am definitely retaining water today.

Attachments

• image-1160959588.jpg
    image-1160959588.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Feeling totally rubbish. Upset stomach and really headachey. After my phantom * last month, it has really come with a vengeance this month. Totally not looking forward to WI tonight as, although I know I have been 100% on plan, I am feeling totally bloated and utterly meh. Last week's result was AWESOME(!!) and I will be so disappointed if I haven't lost again this week.

Good Luck sausage and Im sure you will be fine :)
xxx

Feeling totally rubbish. Upset stomach and really headachey. After my phantom * last month, it has really come with a vengeance this month. Totally not looking forward to WI tonight as, although I know I have been 100% on plan, I am feeling totally bloated and utterly meh. Last week's result was AWESOME(!!) and I will be so disappointed if I haven't lost again this week.

We are in sync menstrually!! lol

Pancakes - do they work with sugar (sweetener) and lemon juice?
Thai curry - looks gorgeous and is one of my faves - how many syns did you make it in the end?

Cheer up little sausage - at least you know it is just the cycle and as with all cycles, it will eventually move on!

Good luck for tonight btw

xx

Thanks, Claire and Pinky!

The Thai curry was good - definitely a hit with my brother! - and the only syns came from the light coconut milk. I think the tin is 17.5 syns, so that would mean just shy of 4.5 syns per person. Honestly, though, I think that I will make it with the full fat stuff in future. It makes such a difference, and is definitely worth the 9 syns. I have trouble using my syns over the weekend, so this is a great way of keeping them up!

Well, today I have eaten a lot of fruit and not a huge amount else.

Breakfast:
Banana, satsuma, plum
3 coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Grapes, banana, satsuma

Supper:
Mushroom couscous mugshot (estimate 2 syns?) with a tin of mixed beans, 2 slices WW Danish brown bread (HEb)
Grapes
Hifi bar (6 syns)

Syns: 8

Lost 1.5lb tonight! Not brilliant but not too bad seeing as it's * week. And slimmer of the week, too. Yay!

Pinkie1973 said:
Hey that's fab - well done! :) xx

Thank you! I'm definitely chuffed! X

Back