The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

I also hate dates, I find them so nervewracking and awful. Which is prob why I ended up with bf. We didn't date per se we met out, had a fab night together and then he had to work the following day but he came to see me after work when I was still in my skanky pjs and hungover to hell!! He was so different to anyone I'd been with before I wasn't expecting anything to come of it so I didn't make any effort!! He didnt care and made me laugh a lot and gave me lots of cuddles... The rest is history ;) xx

Maverick said:
I also hate dates, I find them so nervewracking and awful. Which is prob why I ended up with bf. We didn't date per se we met out, had a fab night together and then he had to work the following day but he came to see me after work when I was still in my skanky pjs and hungover to hell!! He was so different to anyone I'd been with before I wasn't expecting anything to come of it so I didn't make any effort!! He didnt care and made me laugh a lot and gave me lots of cuddles... The rest is history ;) xx

Awe that's so lovely :) how long you been together? x

Thanx, been together just over a year and I'm getting gushy about him a lot at the moment cos he is away, I'm not usually such a sap :) xx

Haha that's cos he's been away a lot since I started posting on here regularly!! It's timing ;) xx

Ahhhh l'amour! That is a really cute story! I love a man who can appreciate a good set of pj's!!!!

A close friend of mine joined an online dating agency and decided that she would meet 20 men and then stop. She didn't get further than no.19 and he is drop dead gorgeous!! They are so happy together and never would have met any other way. So don't give up Little Sausage! xx

Bess said:
A close friend of mine joined an online dating agency and decided that she would meet 20 men and then stop. She didn't get further than no.19 and he is drop dead gorgeous!! They are so happy together and never would have met any other way. So don't give up Little Sausage! xx

I tried that last year, me about 5 or 6 weirdos and gave up. But, I am considering it again, and maybe should have your friends attitude towards it. I'd like to lose a little more weight first though.

Hi Little Sausage,

Just caught up on your diary and I am sitting here nodding away with what was said about internet dating. I have met some real 'characters', too many to count - every one leaving me feeling more disheartened. Bess told me about the 20 dates and number 19 turning out to be 'the one' well I reckon over the years I've had 50 dates..............the only one out of all of those that I really liked was not long out of his marriage and still cut up about it and didn't want to get involved. I thought "why join a bleeding dating agency then??" :confused:

I might give it another go when I've got down to my target and feel more confident, in the meantime, I am meeting someone on BH Monday to see about helping out at the local cricket club. I love cricket and I love men..........no really I do :D...........so hopefully I can make some new friends, lay on their teas, watch the matches and....................xxx:8855::heartpump::lilkiss::wee::cupid::character00238::love047:

My friend has been on guardian soulmates for a few months now and has met some really lovely fellows! I totally would get on all those sites if I was single! Xxxx

Me and my mates used to use Zoosk, thru FB... Only problem is we live in such a small place, we already knew the majority of the guys on there!!! Did meet a couple of nice guys, but nothing outstanding! xx

Pinkie1973 said:
Dodgiest ones I'd met were through Match. I gave that eharmony a bash, slightly better and at least wasn't full of men who mostly wanted to get laid. Ho hum.

I remember looking at the eharmony one but all the psychosymetric tests put me off. Plus there were only about 3 guys within an 80 mile radius of me actually signed up, I didn't hold out much hope of meeting mr right there!! xxx

Maverick said:
I remember looking at the eharmony one but all the psychosymetric tests put me off. Plus there were only about 3 guys within an 80 mile radius of me actually signed up, I didn't hold out much hope of meeting mr right there!! xxx

I went on Match with the logic that you'd find better people as they had to pay! Found my ex on there a few years back, but since then they've all been a bit too odd! Got a date on Saturday with someone off plenty of fish, who ive been chatting to for over a week-we've spoken on the phone every night-so fingers crossed :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh good luck with that, hope it goes well for u xx

I have never been brave enough to even consider internet dating which was primarily because of my weight. Now I'm still not sure that I could face even trying it although I know a few people who've had good experiences. Unfortunately I don't know what sites they were using - sorry. However I admire those who would try - good luck to you all.

Gail x

Silly speedy sausage says sh*tty ships suck?
Ahh LS - one of the best tongue twisters I've seen in a long time.

I gave up on men 39 years ago. They were all sh*tes as far as I was concerned. Then I met "the one" out of the blue at a Uni party - and I haven't been able to get rid of him since. Lovely man, he puts up with me in PJs, baggy track suits et al. He does the cooking, the washing, the ironing - just about everything in fact. Learnt from when I worked 14 hour days as a survival technique and carried on into retirement.

I rent him out for a large fee . . . . definately not f.o.b.!!

Hmmm, so, my posting over the last few days has been awful. Work is CRAZY and I wish that I had a proper bank holiday! I've been on-plan, but feeling a bit meh. I haven't cooked anything properly in ages and I really hope to get a chance to do some today. I did manage to have my hair done yesterday, so that has made me feel a LOT better! Amazing how something so trivial can lighten your mood.

Thanks for all the posts here, ladies! I haven't tried interweb dating, so maybe that's something I need to consider!

Weigh in this morning and I lost 2lb! That gave me slimmer of the month and my 2.5 stone award. I am so pleased! Will update my ticker and stats tomorrow when I get to work. Yay!

Hope you've all had a great weekend! Will now start the rounds on the other threads :)

Back