The diary of a (not so-Little)Sausage

Little Sos - so so so scarey! Damaged ribs or intercostal muscles are horrid. Hubby broke 3 several ribs years again and he couldn't breath properly for days.

Re- how you did it. Ribs and their muscles despite being tremendously strong in many ways are very delicate when it comes to something called torsion injury.
i.e. they actually don't like being twisted in a certain direction.

My friend broke a rib whilst at work. She twisted from her office chair to get something out of her drawer and "ping" as you say. Broken rib and 2 ripped intercostal muscles. Were you doing anything similar?

Look after yourself and take it easy and definitely stay home tomorrow if it's still hurting.

Pommette, I'm at my desk thinking I had a 'safe' job and now I find I'm at risk of more than a paper cut :eek: Ouch. Hope your friend recovered quickly and that you do too little sausage :)

3 stones so far is a lot and losses seem to show more the closer you get to your target so you're bound to start noticing it more yourself as time goes on. I'm only just seeing it in myself to be honest and we've lost about the same.

A 3lb loss in 2 weeks is really good, you shouldn't be dissapointed with that :)

Thanks, guys. So, the doctor called me back today and it seems I have Precordial Catch Syndrome. Now, I've had this pain before (I can remember a particularly uncomfortable moment when I was about 8 and on a school trip) but it's never lasted more than a few minutes. The reason I didn't relate the two is because this lasted all day. And I just plain couldn't breathe properly. This is a non-problematic problem, and is caused by either a pinching of a nerve or the pleural lining or the lining of the heart. Hence the pain. And generally it's the "ping" that points to the diagnosis. So, long story short, at about 10.30 last night I moved in some way i don't remember and I pinged. Which meant the pain was gone immediately. Still a little tender, but I can breathe! Woohoo!

On another note, I shall only be in Nashville for 3 weeks which suits me down to the ground. I'll be there for the last 3 weeks PF July. And when I get back I will be taking serious steps towards moving out. I love my mum, but it is driving me insane being here and it's definitely time I moved out! I'm super excited and can't wait to start viewing places in august.

Breakfast:
Banana, 2 satsumas
Numerous coffees with skimmed milk (HEa)

Lunch:
Salad leaves with edamame beans, broad beans, peas, baby tomatoes, sliced chicken breast and cottage cheese

Supper:
No idea yet, but fancy something plain. Some sort of rice or couscous with loads of veg. Will revert when I have decided!

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Xx

Ooh great that you pinged yourself back!!! And good luck with house hunting. I literally love house hunting and nosing round peoples places!

Hi LS, just caught up after a long break. Loved the pic of you, you are so pretty and glad you got your pain sorted - well diagnosed anyway so you don't need to worry.
And well done on that 3lb loss!

Pinkie - looking at south and west of Maidstone. The Mallings/Ditton/Coxheath kind of way. My uncle is in Tovil which is great. My cousin is in Rochester which is slightly cheaper but more expensive to travel to town. Sevenoaks was another option but is so expensive! Will be renting and saving for a deposit. Woohoo!

Jules - ha! My brother has just named me Ping. I had been really nervous about moving out on my own, and out of the area I know, but now I am so excited about viewing places! What is awesome is that for less than the price of renting a studio flat here, I can rent a 2 bed house with a garden.

Bess - thank you! I really did feel good in that dress. And my dress for Ascot is even nicer. Now I just need a hat! Looking for a floppy straw number (I'll be putting flowers and beads on it) but can't seem to find anything yet.

Ooh they are lovely areas, you will be a country girl! I did my bike training out near Tovil. I am just east of Rochester and my season ticket just cost me £3360! A lot of people commute by coach as its so much cheaper, might be worth exploring. If you want any company house hunting just shout. Good luck!

P.s. I can highly recommend deely boppers to go with your dress. It's adds a nice touch if devil may care I feel. :)

Pinkie1973 said:
Ooh they are lovely areas, you will be a country girl! I did my bike training out near Tovil. I am just east of Rochester and my season ticket just cost me £3360! A lot of people commute by coach as its so much cheaper, might be worth exploring. If you want any company house hunting just shout. Good luck!

P.s. I can highly recommend deely boppers to go with your dress. It's adds a nice touch if devil may care I feel. :)

Totally! I can't wait to move out of town and suburbia! Woooo! And I will, no doubt, call on you for some house hunting. Having never done it before I'm a total noob. I'll treat you to lunches for your time :)

Also, what on earth are deely boppers?!!

Bess - thank you! I really did feel good in that dress. And my dress for Ascot is even nicer. Now I just need a hat! Looking for a floppy straw number (I'll be putting flowers and beads on it) but can't seem to find anything yet.

That sounds great, very pretty. Mind you, I think Pinkie's Deely Boppers might just cut it as well! :D

Glad you are pinged back into shape :). And huge well done on the 3 stone. Yay. I am sure you will start to see the difference in the mirror soon and then it is just a fantastic feeling :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

P.S. How did you 'young 'uns' get on with googling the deely .
boppers ?? (or 'deeply hoppers' as the iPhone is trying to spell check to :p)

Sent from my iPhone

P.S. How did you 'young 'uns' get on with googling the deely .
boppers ?? (or 'deeply hoppers' as the iPhone is trying to spell check to :p)

Sent from my iPhone

I found them! Just don't think they'd go with my dress ;)

Argh, I'm so crap! Epic amounts of work going on, so am really struggling to update here regularly at the moment.

So, I lost 1lb at WI on Monday. I was kinda gutted as I had hoped for more, but at least it's still going in the right direction. There were a couple of small indiscretions, so I really should be pleased. I don't mean to sound ungrateful! I'm just a little impatient.

I'm going to have to go and buy another pair of jeans tonight before I fly to Rotterdam tomorrow, as the ones I bought last month(?) are falling off me now. Not a great look. Also, my ring is almost at the point where it'll have to be moved to my middle finger. All good signs! Ascot next week and I cannot wait to wear my new dress. Yay!

Well done Lil Sausage. 1 lb is a lb and it's all in the right direction. It's amazing how they all add up when you start to look back :)

Sorry that work is so hectic at the moment and don't worry not being here that often - just be here when you can. Great to hear about the NSV's. I would echo what Pinkie said - if you haven't already taken measurements, take them now anyway. It's really great to see the changes !

Gail x

Another well done from me! Spotted it on the Summer Challenge and was worrying that you were over-working again as you haven't posted much on here.

Have you read the "Only a Pound" post on my diary? It makes interesting reading.
Only A Pound
Don't be too impatient LS - SLOW IS GOOD. You're more likely to keep it off and re-eduacte your eating patterns.

How many sizes have you lost now? It must be at least 2 or 3 by the sound of it. I remember way back in March when you'd lost over a stone when things hadn't changed that much!

Back