ProPoints The Diary of a Secret Squirrel

boo68

One day at a time
This is my diary, a bit about me and what's going on in my life. Where to start? Well I'm 43 have 2 grown up children and live with my partner Mr Boo for a while now. I work full time and I'm a natural born stress head, it comes easy to me, what can I say?!

The reason why I've named my diary as I have is because I'm absolutely fed up with telling everyone family and friends etc that I'm starting a new diet, I'm ashamed to say I've started more diets than I care to remember, mostly Slimming World and I'm no lighter than I was this time last year.

Food is my demon, plan and simple. I loved the Slimming World diet but its not regid enough for me and *cough, some of you might remember that I've started Weight Watchers a few times too. So for this reason I haven't told anyone apart from Mr Boo that I've started Weight Watchers again. I need to prove to myself that I can do it without the pressure of everyone knowing that I'm on a diet if that makes sense.

My head is not in a good place at the minute, I need to take control again ...

Mr Boo has taken the before photo's for me and I'm being measured tonight. I'm taking one day at a time.

So this is how I am at the minute, its lunchtime and its about up so hopefully I'll get back on later, bye for now Boo xxx

hello hun,

i had to comment as i completely know that feeling of saying "so im starting X, Y, Z diet tomorrow" its like you want to scream YES another one! dont judge haha

good job no one here on minimins judges cos otherwise i would have been sent to the salughter by now i've done that many in like not even a year!! :-/ lol!

also i hate telling people now im on a diet, my bf and my mum know and thats about it. i hate the whole "soooooo how much did you lose this week" and then if its like 2lb which is actually a very good loss you always get those negative people that kind of say "o no, o well better luck next time" and things like that! gets me down....i eat....i gain....i dont diet! lol!! so easiest way is to do it yourself :) Mr Boo sounds supportive as is my partner so who needs anyone else's support!!! you will have the additional support of all the lovelies on here too :)

anywho, here to follow your diary :)

xxx

hello hun,

i had to comment as i completely know that feeling of saying "so im starting X, Y, Z diet tomorrow" its like you want to scream YES another one! dont judge haha

good job no one here on minimins judges cos otherwise i would have been sent to the salughter by now i've done that many in like not even a year!! :-/ lol!

also i hate telling people now im on a diet, my bf and my mum know and thats about it. i hate the whole "soooooo how much did you lose this week" and then if its like 2lb which is actually a very good loss you always get those negative people that kind of say "o no, o well better luck next time" and things like that! gets me down....i eat....i gain....i dont diet! lol!! so easiest way is to do it yourself :) Mr Boo sounds supportive as is my partner so who needs anyone else's support!!! you will have the additional support of all the lovelies on here too :)

anywho, here to follow your diary :)

xxx

Hiya Emma, thanks for posting and I know exactly what you mean about saying your starting another diet, to be honest I'm fed up with it myself lol and if I where to be judged gawd lordy knows what would happen :cool:

The people on here are lovely aren't they, I've made some great friends on here so fingers crossed lets see how this goes How are you doing anyhoo? Boo xx

I'm coming to the end of my first day and to be honest I'm feeling much better than I did this morning, I think I've made the right decision not to tell anyone I've started another diet, I feel more in control.

Mr Boo has of course been wonderful and supports me in whatever I decide to do, he also knows I don't want to tell anyone and he accepts that, I've still got to measure myself but will most probably leave it until the morning now.

Oooh and I've found the Weight Watchers app for my ipod and its a real godsend I think its great and has helped me keep on track today and much better than I thought it would be I've had a good look around it and I'm really pleased with it.

I've also looked round esource online as well, I'm still getting used to it but I'm sure it won't be long before I know my way around it, some of the blogs on there are good to read and very motivational so it might be an idea to read them often.

I wouldn't lie and say that this is going to be easy, at the minute I'm taking it hour by hour, I know that some might say that this is a bit dramatic but my head is so all over the place when it comes to food, I've got to try and get it back onto a more even keel if you understand what I'm saying, mores to the point do I really understand lol

I'm still scared of doing this (silly I know), I'm scared of failing for the hundreth time, of letting myself down which is a real possibility so will take it one hour at a time until I feel more settled.

I have eaten all but 1 of my 36 points today and I'm feeling ok, not hungry, not full but just right and that feels good
:). I'm not going to claim that this time I'm going to do it, but I'm going to give it a bloomin good try, all secret squirrel like of course! :D:D Boo xxx

Day 2 - Saturday 9 June 2012

Phew made it to day 2 and finding it ok :) It's so much easier doing this without telling everyone around me I'm dieting, I don't feel the pressure I usually feel when I start a diet. I know its only day 2 but feeling good today, i'm still getting used to pointing but hopefully soon it will become easier.

I've been food shopping today and its so nice to pick up everyday food, blimey thats sounds a bit mad! What I mean by that is I've been on Slimming World for so long my shopping bill is usually quite high because I can only eat certain things, but with Weight Watchers as long as you point it and its healthy or healthyish you can eat it. Don't get me wrong this is nothing wrong with Slimming World its just that its not for me anymore. At some point I'll go into more detail but I know I can ramble sometimes so I'll leave that for another time.

So today I'm feeling ok, still taking it slowly and carefully, I know that I can ever so easily slip off the wagon just by talking myself out of things so, at this minute I'm fine, right I'm off to have some lunch and for the rest of the day, relax and chill, hope everyone out there is having a good weekend, be back soon Boo xx

I've just had a lovely lunch it was weight watchers red thai chicken curry pp9 and it was delicious first time I've had a ready meal in ages loved it! :D

Zumba tomorrow, go me! Boo xx

Its Saturday evening and I've just ate all my 49 extra pro points on nibbles :sigh: not sure I really wanted to do that but at least I don't feel like i've cheated and I have stayed with the boundaries so not feeling too bad as I would have done before.

Zumba tomorrow then back at the gym so hopefully I will be ok if not I will carry on, I don't feel under pressure at all and that makes me feel good. I've got a fridge load of healthy food and freezers not badly stocked too and all the naughty stuff has now been eaten by Mr Boo, my son and a little help from me
:p

Oooh and Mr Boo took my measurements this morning so I've entered them on esource, so thats me tracking food, entering my measurements and have uploaded two before photo's of me. I'm impressed with myself lol

And...... no alcohol has touched my lips tonight, a first in a long time
:D hoorahhh!!

I actually feel like I'm getting back in control, day 2 nearly over with and I'm still here wooo hooo!!! I'm actually happy! Boo xxx

Hi,day two done and you've done well :0) good to hear you have support at home,that makes all the difference :0) Hope you enjoy your workouts tomorrow :0)

Hi,day two done and you've done well :0) good to hear you have support at home,that makes all the difference :0) Hope you enjoy your workouts tomorrow :0)

Hiya Daisy, hope you don't mind me calling you Daisy :) yes I have a lot of support at home, we are really close. I've been to Zumba and gym tomorrow (hopefully) lol how's your day going? Boo xx

Day 3 - Sunday 10 June 2012

Its Sunday afternoon and I've just had some lunch, 2 Weight Watchers wraps with 2 slices of chicken in each, salad and tobasco, followed by Walkers French Fries all for 9 pp, breakfast was 0%fat greek yogurt, 2pp with Del Monte Fruit Puree (peach) 2 pp, that was ok but the puree was a little too sweet for me so will have frozen or fresh fruit from now on with the yogurt.

I got up early today and after eating breakfast got ready for zumba, the class was ok but the trainer / teacher didn't expalin any of the moves she was doing and it was a lot faster than usual, came out feeling like I hadn't done a proper work out
:eek: Afterwards I went swimming it was lovely, although I don't swim fast I fet like a did some real exercise then. To be honest I prefer the gym than zumba, would really like to go to a normall 'keep fit' class if you know what I mean like there used to be (lordy now I'm feeling old!).

My mum came with me to zumba and swimming but I didn't mention anything about being on Weight Watchers as I knew I would get another lecture about swapping diets and not sticking to anything as per usual. I know that she has my best interests at heart but sometimes I just can't handle the pressure I get off of her and I guess what I put on myself.

Finally before I finish this post I just can't believe how far my pro-points are going food wise I seem to be eating quite a lot and still got plenty to spare, but hey I'm not complaining, I'm actually quite looking forward to weigh-in day on Thursday to see how I've done. Boo xx

boo68 said:
Hiya Daisy, hope you don't mind me calling you Daisy :) yes I have a lot of support at home, we are really close. I've been to Zumba and gym tomorrow (hopefully) lol how's your day going? Boo xx

Yea call me Daisy,my day is going well thanks,been fairly chilled though we did take the pup for a nice walk along the beach this afternoon,enjoyed that ;0) am glad to see you are having a good day.Believe me sometimes people mean well but their words can have the wrong effect on us so I fully understand about you keeping quiet with doing WW,yea points seem to go along way and free fruit and veg help within moderation!Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.I know what you mean about the old workout classes,I wouldn't have been impressed with that Zumba class myself!well done on the swimming :0)

Yea call me Daisy,my day is going well thanks,been fairly chilled though we did take the pup for a nice walk along the beach this afternoon,enjoyed that ;0) am glad to see you are having a good day.Believe me sometimes people mean well but their words can have the wrong effect on us so I fully understand about you keeping quiet with doing WW,yea points seem to go along way and free fruit and veg help within moderation!Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.I know what you mean about the old workout classes,I wouldn't have been impressed with that Zumba class myself!well done on the swimming :0)

Hiya Daisy your walk sounds nice, I have 2 dogs myself although no where near a beach unfortunately. I have been eating fruit and veg but not to the extent I would have done with Slimming World, I did do Weight Watchers around 4 years ago before the pro points came in and although you could eat what you want within your points I never really chose fruit and veg apart from the odd bit here and there so now I know I can eat it I do but like you said all in moderation, I think that is the whole ethos of Weight Watchers isn't it. I hope your evening is going well, I'm just chillin then off to bed early tonight, catch up soon Boo xxx

I'm coming to the end of day 3 and I'm doing ok :D I had a nice nap on the sofa this afternoon so didn't really have any munchie feelings so thats taken me through to evening, when I cooked a simple meal for me as Mr Boo and my son had eaten their dinner at lunch time, so here's all my food for today.

Breakfast

150g 0% fat free greek yogurt (2pp)
Del monte fruit puree (2pp)

Lunch

2 weight watchers wraps (5pp)
4 slices of bernard matthews chicken slices (2pp)
french fries (2pp)

Dinner

small can of chick peas roasted (4pp)
40g haloumi cheese toasted (4pp)
stir fry veg (0pp)

Anytime

1 pint of skimmed milk (5pp)
Kit kat (3pp)
solero ice lolly (3pp)

32pp used 4 left so not bad
:D

Boo xx

Yup very true about WW and everything being in moderation.I did the old WW a couple of years ago,did quite well but lost interest as was too busy helping out instead of attending the meetings then some life style changes,piled the weight back on so now i'm back again! Am
glad all went well for you today,enjoy your early night :0)

Day 4 - Monday 11 June 2012

Monday and I'm back at work :eek: where does the weekend go to??

Still can't believe that I'm sticking to this, but to be honest, with not telling anyone it has taken a huge pressure of my shoulders.

Last night as I lay in bed I listened to my weight loss hypnosis app on my ipod, feel right of to sleep! Don't know if it will help me but hey if I don't try :)

Food is going well although still getting used to pointing everything, hopefully in time this will get better, I'm tracking every single thing on my weight watchers app and this really helps stay on track.

As I'm typing this I'm looking out of my window at work and its so miserable out there hope the sun comes out soon although can't see it happening today.

Right I'm off to eat my lunch, hopefully I'll be back later Boo xxx

Hope work goes well for you,it's lousy weather here today aswell! Pointing will soon become second nature to you don't worry :0)

hello Boo,

you are doing so well!! you are def seeming in the right frame of mind and really enjoying WW! massive well done on the exercise too!! i feel ashamed i have done any for ages!!!! :S opps

anywho hope your monday is going alot better than mine!!! xxx

Hope work goes well for you,it's lousy weather here today aswell! Pointing will soon become second nature to you don't worry :0)

Thanks Daisy, work went ok then a quick trip up the gym Boo xx

hello Boo,

you are doing so well!! you are def seeming in the right frame of mind and really enjoying WW! massive well done on the exercise too!! i feel ashamed i have done any for ages!!!! :S opps

anywho hope your monday is going alot better than mine!!! xxx

Hiya Emma yes I feel much better about the diet now, although I haven't told anyone I'm on it and won't for a long while until I feel ok with myself. I went to the gym for around an hour and felt good about it but feeling bloomin hungry now lol, how comes your day is bad? Boo xxx

Its Monday evening and I've just eaten my dinner which was a Weight Watchers chicken curry and some vegetables I added. It was a quick meal as I'm the only one in tonight as Mr Boo and my son are out.

Went to the gym after work as planned and did a good work out. I bought myself an ipod arm band so when I'm working out I can listen to my music, felt a bit fat though as it was tight on my arm (i know its supposed to be tight) but didn't realise how chubby my arm was!
:eek: I did a variety of machines but the tread mill is my fav, I did 10 minutes walking and 10 minutes running on it today it was hard but I feel better now for doing it.

Here's my food for the day;-

Breakfast

0% greek fat free yogurt 2pp
blueberries 0pp

Lunch

As yesterday 9pp

Dinner

Weight Watchers chicken curry 8pp with vegetables 0pp

Anytime

1 pint of skimmed milk 5pp
1 kit kat 3pp
2 sunnybix guessing at 5pp

That leaves 4pp left, plus the extra pp I've earned for my exercising! Right I'm off for a nice soak in the bath, hope everyone is having a lovely evening Boo xxx

Back