The diary of the Buffster!

Hi -

I have been going to Slimming world for nearly 6 months now and have plateaued.

I stayed the same all over Xmas and new year, put on 4 llbs over my birthday, and then got it all off again and I have literally maintained for the past two months which is rubbish as I have been following the plan and keeping my syns down. :sigh:

I think that alot of it is down to hormones - I suffer from PCOS and that has made it very difficult to lose weight in the past.

I am now fully back in the zone and determined to lost weight and get slimmed down for my wedding next february - My Aunty and I have a challenge between us where whoever loses the most weight gets a lottery ticket purchased by the loser! :D:D I will be superskinny and a millionaire!

So yesterday I had my first ever green day! (I have always been an extra easy girl!) I am trying to make 1/2 my plate Super free foods to kick start my weight loss again.

B - HI Fi Bar (HEXB)
L - Jacket potato with beans, salad and cheese (HEXA)
D - Mushroom, Red onion and pepper omlette with 1/2 plate of green salad.

Snacks
Muller Light Banana and Custard - so yummy!
Braeburn apple
Mango

Syns
NO SYNS TODAY!

:0)

another green day yesterday! :0)

pretty much exactly the same as the day before!

B - HI FI Bar (HEXB)
L - Jacket Spud with Beans and Salad
D - Veggie Omlette with mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese

snack - Orange, Chocolate Deluxe HI FI Bar

Hoping that the green weeks are going to help at the weigh in! :D

I know how you feel with the PCOS, I have that and an underactive thyroid so my metabolism is a little pathetic ;) I don't tend to worry about using syns as the difference between 5 syns a day and 15 is only 200 calories - less than half a pound a week in terms of the weight you'd lose by cutting them out. So I'd say enjoy them but maybe don't go crazy on 'free foods' like pasta/potatoes on green days as carbs are supposed to be bad for us PCOS sufferers in large quantities.
I certainly don't avoid carbs either mind you :p I just don't use them as much to fill up on as other SW-ers might. I'll either go for fruit or go a bit hungry instead as I know my metabolism just wouldn't be up to normal people's eating habits on SW or any other diet.

Hope that helps :D

Back