Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The diary of the Buffster!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by Bufalufalus, 10 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Bufalufalus

Bufalufalus Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi -

I have been going to Slimming world for nearly 6 months now and have plateaued.

I stayed the same all over Xmas and new year, put on 4 llbs over my birthday, and then got it all off again and I have literally maintained for the past two months which is rubbish as I have been following the plan and keeping my syns down. :sigh:

I think that alot of it is down to hormones - I suffer from PCOS and that has made it very difficult to lose weight in the past.

I am now fully back in the zone and determined to lost weight and get slimmed down for my wedding next february - My Aunty and I have a challenge between us where whoever loses the most weight gets a lottery ticket purchased by the loser! :D:D I will be superskinny and a millionaire!

So yesterday I had my first ever green day! (I have always been an extra easy girl!) I am trying to make 1/2 my plate Super free foods to kick start my weight loss again.

B - HI Fi Bar (HEXB)
    L - Jacket potato with beans, salad and cheese (HEXA)
    D - Mushroom, Red onion and pepper omlette with 1/2 plate of green salad.

Snacks
    Muller Light Banana and Custard - so yummy!
    Braeburn apple
    Mango

Syns
    NO SYNS TODAY!

:0)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bufalufalus

Bufalufalus Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    another green day yesterday! :0)

pretty much exactly the same as the day before!

B - HI FI Bar (HEXB)
    L - Jacket Spud with Beans and Salad
    D - Veggie Omlette with mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese

snack - Orange, Chocolate Deluxe HI FI Bar

Hoping that the green weeks are going to help at the weigh in! :D

4. EmmyLou30

EmmyLou30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know how you feel with the PCOS, I have that and an underactive thyroid so my metabolism is a little pathetic ;) I don't tend to worry about using syns as the difference between 5 syns a day and 15 is only 200 calories - less than half a pound a week in terms of the weight you'd lose by cutting them out. So I'd say enjoy them but maybe don't go crazy on 'free foods' like pasta/potatoes on green days as carbs are supposed to be bad for us PCOS sufferers in large quantities.
    I certainly don't avoid carbs either mind you :p I just don't use them as much to fill up on as other SW-ers might. I'll either go for fruit or go a bit hungry instead as I know my metabolism just wouldn't be up to normal people's eating habits on SW or any other diet.

Hope that helps :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.